My fixer, need advice on equipment and stuff

TonyTheTiger
Rookie
Rookie

My fixer, need advice on equipment and stuff

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 am

Heya all. I was inactive for like 2 years and i came back a few days ago, i dont have any files or notes left from the "old times" so im kind o overwhelmed by all the new stuff and well old as well..

I would like som advice on my atm 176 fixer, here is how he looks atm

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there any more items i should get?, anything else that works with GA?
Does GA5 actually exist and if so how do i get my hands on one?
Would also love some advice on my Imps, i think they are pretty good as it is but im sure there are improvements to be made.

Now that dailys have arrived im sure ill finally get my a** to lvl 200, and would like some advice on what QL of imps im sure to end up with (is 200 max or should i go for even higher) ?

Thanks in advance Tony//
TonyTheFixer
TonyTheEngie
TonyThe.. well all of them :D

TonyTheTiger
Rookie
Rookie

Re: My fixer, need advice on equipment and stuff

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:46 am

Oh yeah forgot something. Im mainly looking for more dmg output if possible why? well lets face it GA4 makes you pretty much immortal-in-a-box and the problem to solo 200+ dynas and stuff like that is still hard because they regenerate so fast.
And where should i keep my Agg/Def bar at?

Also is it realistic to try and get the nano "Improved Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud" (+40 dmg) or should i just give up on that one ?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:42 am

GA5 is not in game.
Setup looks decent, though I didn't look at it deeply since I'm not so much into fixers.
If you want more damage you could consider a non-GA setup.
Personally I like to use imps above 200, but it's some extra work and a lot of people don't consider it worth it. I also only bothered when I twinked: first at lvl 174 for half a year of battlestation pvp and then at lvl 200 for raids.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 pm

The benefit from wearing GA is you can twink on some very high level imps, since after you get your final imps on you dont have to worry about twinking armor (which for you might need some other imps to start with...) so it saves you that whole headache, so at least 220's... personally for more dmg id aim for the highest +dmg buff and +smg possible, AND since you get so much freaking aad from the GA you might think about switching the aad imps for aao and some +rad dmg if you haven't already... play full deff if you can (and should although i didnt calced it) go 1/1 with full deff.
lastly add some Gomboilz, those special smg bullets and thats it from me .. hope that helps a lil.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Ok there are a few easy things you can tweek up. Getting a triumphant board from the PVP quest will give you a smidge more hp. Getting a second corroded ring from lord ghasp in camelot will give you some more hp too. Any skinchip will fall on.

Personally wouldnt bother twinking on imps higher than ql200. Refined jobe imps are a pain in the proverbial and they suffer from deminishing returns. You should be able to pick up the improved semi sent for 80-100m pretty easy. I would stick with AAD imps and a full defensive stance as that extra 15% on GA4 will give you more sticking power vs 210+ dynas. You can add gumboils and fixer special ammo into the mix for a touch more damage.

Look around at some fixer configs to give you some ideas. *hint hint*
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 am

Randomchance, why not switching to aao imps? the GA already gives some high aad, wont you benefit more from higher ar? or maybe a mix?

btw, i love your fixer setup, is the Ljotur gear still wearable with a ga?

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 am

I think there's a couple of reasons. Firstly, AAD imps give +260 AAD at ql 200 as compared to the +60AAO given by AAO imps at ql 200. 60 AAO approximates to about an extra 0.15 damage bonus, which is roughly an additional 11-63 damage per shot on your BBB. Factoring in your L200 dynaboss mad ACs, this may indeed boil down to a measly extra 11 damage per shot. I stand corrected, but evades on the other hand work more on a hardcap kind of system: if your defence check surpasses your attacker's offensive check, then there's an extremely high chance that he will miss. I think the +260 AAD can help alot in bumping your defence above your attacker's attack rating.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

TonyTheTiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 am

First of all, thanks for all the great advice! :notworthy:

now lets see if i can reply on all your posts.. :laughing6:
EDTA wrote:GA5 is not in game.
If you want more damage you could consider a non-GA setup.
Personally I like to use imps above 200, but it's some extra work and a lot of people don't consider it worth it. I also only bothered when I twinked: first at lvl 174 for half a year of battlestation pvp and then at lvl 200 for raids.
Thanks for the GA5 headsup, i also realized it was lvl 210+ so its still not an option while im still a froob.
Im defiantly not gonna try a non-GA setup.. its way to good, i doubt i will be able to tank 220+ dynas as easy as i do now in any other armor, was just hoping to twink the dmg a little so i can take them down as well.
Battlestation thats not for froobs is it? Been away for so long so i don´t remeber everything anymore im afraid.
Goldberg wrote:The benefit from wearing GA is you can twink on some very high level imps, since after you get your final imps on you dont have to worry about twinking armor (which for you might need some other imps to start with...) so it saves you that whole headache, so at least 220's... personally for more dmg id aim for the highest +dmg buff and +smg possible, AND since you get so much freaking aad from the GA you might think about switching the aad imps for aao and some +rad dmg if you haven't already... play full deff if you can (and should although i didnt calced it) go 1/1 with full deff.
lastly add some Gomboilz, those special smg bullets and thats it from me .. hope that helps a lil.
Ah yeah thats very true, although i dont think ill twink any new imps on until im lvl 200 but when i reach that ill defiantly try atleast 220s maby even more.. im not sure how much treatment i will have as base when im at that lvl so i cant really plan ahead so much.
I already have all the three +Rad dmg and +SMG clusters possible. The AAO is a sound advice but after reading Randomchance last post, i think ill stay with AAD and then i can have a higher agg/def bar instead.
I tried to calculate the 1/1 in full def set, but from what i could make out of it.. atm i need to be in about 55%/45% agg/def on the bar to have a 1/1 atk.. i may have misscalculated this though so any help on this point would be great :)

Randomchance wrote:Ok there are a few easy things you can tweek up. Getting a triumphant board from the PVP quest will give you a smidge more hp. Getting a second corroded ring from lord ghasp in camelot will give you some more hp too. Any skinchip will fall on.

Personally wouldnt bother twinking on imps higher than ql200. Refined jobe imps are a pain in the proverbial and they suffer from deminishing returns. You should be able to pick up the improved semi sent for 80-100m pretty easy. I would stick with AAD imps and a full defensive stance as that extra 15% on GA4 will give you more sticking power vs 210+ dynas. You can add gumboils and fixer special ammo into the mix for a touch more damage.

Look around at some fixer configs to give you some ideas. *hint hint*
Awsum some thing i hadnt done already.
Gonna get a triumphant board asap, and another corroded ring as well if i can find a team that wants to go in there, havent been there myself.
I have a skinchip that i found yesterday in my backpacks. but they are pretty crappy tbh.. would be nice to get my hands on an advanced primus skinchip or something but i doupt that will happend, unless i happend to buy one.. well anyway could use some more advice on what to aim for in this department.
Ill c if i can pick up a semi sent nano as well (thought they cost twice that)

Why are jobe clusters such a pain on implants at 200+?

i´ll check your config out in a bit and get back if i have more questions about it :)

TonyTheTiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 am

Goldberg wrote:Is the Ljotur gear still wearable with a ga?
I have heard rumors that you can still do it, but i think it is considered an exploit, no idea if they will punish you for doing it though?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:03 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Gonna get a triumphant board asap, and another corroded ring as well if i can find a team that wants to go in there, havent been there myself.
I have a skinchip that i found yesterday in my backpacks. but they are pretty crappy tbh.. would be nice to get my hands on an advanced primus skinchip or something but i doupt that will happend, unless i happend to buy one.. well anyway could use some more advice on what to aim for in this department.
Ill c if i can pick up a semi sent nano as well (thought they cost twice that)

Why are jobe clusters such a pain on implants at 200+?
You should be able to almost solo ghasp... just have to watch out for his nukes. Take a friend and you should be able to do it pretty easy.

All the skinchips arent that spectacular, but they are better than an empty slot. The one with the most hp is probably best.

Refined jobe clusters are a pain because they arent buyable or rollable. You either have to be really lucky with the cardboard box drops, farm the primus camp until your eyes bleed, or spend a fortune to buy other peoples luck. All this for an increase from 210 to maybe 225 skill. It is required when you are trying to squeeze those last few points to get something equipped/out of oe, but for your running around with blackbirds, it will be bugger all difference imho.

The first rule of sploit club is not to talk about sploit club. :wink:
Froob Configurations

TonyTheTiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Randomchance wrote: You should be able to almost solo ghasp... just have to watch out for his nukes. Take a friend and you should be able to do it pretty easy.

All the skinchips arent that spectacular, but they are better than an empty slot. The one with the most hp is probably best.

Refined jobe clusters are a pain because they arent buyable or rollable. You either have to be really lucky with the cardboard box drops, farm the primus camp until your eyes bleed, or spend a fortune to buy other peoples luck. All this for an increase from 210 to maybe 225 skill. It is required when you are trying to squeeze those last few points to get something equipped/out of oe, but for your running around with blackbirds, it will be bugger all difference imho.
Okey thanks ill check head out to Primus Camp and try him out for the skinchip.
Oh yeah now i remeber about refined clusters, it was the same for non-jobe clusters as well wasnt it ? or could you buy those? He has a placeholder right?
Randomchance wrote:The first rule of sploit club is not to talk about sploit club. :wink:

Haha roger that :lol:
Maby you could toss some advice on fighting him though? i guess he is not solable and you need to get a team together to spawn/kill him ? Or maby a price check on the parts?

Checked out the setup on your fixer, it looks great found a couple of more things i have to get, specially the Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU those things are insane :)

Had a few questions and thoughts about your picks in implants though
Eye: why Weaponsmithing in it ?
Head: guess you picked Intelligence because you dont need MM to cast the highest nanos at 200?
Right-Wrist: Why burst? aint your Burst time already at 8s?
Left-Wrist: Why Ranged Multi and why not a Shield of some sort?
Left-Hand: No shield here neither? and Also why have you chosen Trap disarming over Skill lock modifier? Does not the Skill lock modifier help on the unique ammunition ?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:24 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Okey thanks ill check head out to Primus Camp and try him out for the skinchip.
Sorry for the confusion - Lord Ghasp is in camelot and drops the corroded ring.
TonyTheTiger wrote:Had a few questions and thoughts about your picks in implants though
Eye: why Weaponsmithing in it ?
Head: guess you picked Intelligence because you dont need MM to cast the highest nanos at 200?
Right-Wrist: Why burst? aint your Burst time already at 8s?
Left-Wrist: Why Ranged Multi and why not a Shield of some sort?
Left-Hand: No shield here neither? and Also why have you chosen Trap disarming over Skill lock modifier? Does not the Skill lock modifier help on the unique ammunition ?
Weapon smithing is so i can switch between the range increaser and the yalm a little easier.
I picked intel because at the time I was a few points short in psymod and the intel would help with hotswapping the skinchip. Turns out later that I didnt need to do it like that, but I didnt really need anything else in there either. :?
Burst... yeah probably on the bird, but I did like to mix it up and use other guns too. Nothing like the meaty sound of a Manex December! :D
I dont like the shield clusters, mainly because they seem to do buggerall (I mean being a blue god you dont get hit enough to kill anything with them) and they make proximity pulling the IS 3rd floor end bosses impossible (bit of a moot point really cause you can ranged pull them). Multiranged lets me swap a bird with a few buffing pistols for various purposes.
What can I say? I liked disarming traps. :wink:

I have given my fixer away, so all this info is from fond memories. Take it or leave it with a grain of salt! :wink:
Froob Configurations

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 am

You forgot the key reason to use Burst - Insuring a 3-round hit.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link