Out of Froob

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:16 am

If you are worried about PMs don't roll an agent...
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Vabla wrote: You're best if you stopped leveling the fixer at 150 (pvm) or 174 (pvp).
This is real mean to a profession that need lots of time, credits and external help. :(
Vabla wrote: You can level the fixer further when AO devs wake up and realize this isn't an offline solo game.

:x :x :x
Achemedes Atlantean Opifex Fixer (clan)
Mitutoyo Atlantean Opifex Trader (clan)

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Out of Froob

Post by C++ This! » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:20 am

Unfortunately I gotta agree with the general consensus that sloob fixers arent that great. Theyre okay in RK PvM but they're really out of their element in SL, and as has been said the blue nanoskills and general lack of useful nanos/perks means they fail hard for PvP. Which makes some sense based on the backstory, too bad RK is substandard compared to SL.

Pangloss
Flagged
Flagged

Re:

Post by Pangloss » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am

You can level the fixer further when AO devs wake up and realize this isn't an offline solo game.

While I've never played a fixer, I've spent the last couple weeks wandering around Elysium and Scheol and can confirm that this is a single player RPG. Everyone either has a level 220 babysitter or is begging for one, so if you want to actually play the game you’ll be doing it alone. It's basically an offline solo game with a chatroom.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:24 pm

I've found some good friends along the way.
Basically they don't come to you and say "Let's be friend?"......that's scary :lol:
I accept or invite random team in RK or SL (don't really care omni or clan or neut as I'm a clanner now).

Of course, some of the dungeon drop good loots that most ppl are not willing to team up with a stranger, thats why its cool to have org mate around.

IMO, if you like solo, most probably you will run solo most of the time. While I play a differently, I always in need a team, even they are on the lower level.

Back on topic, I have no regret on getting the expansion. SL is beautiful tbh.
But I do respect ppl that stay as froobs and get to max level without any advantage :notworthy:

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:35 am

This is my second comeback to AO now.
When I came back about a week ago I went through all my accounts and checked my chars. Noticed that I had a fixer on all of those. I just love fixers. Have played every other professions as well but I'm always coming back to fixers.
Gotta say I don't know that much about endgame. My highest char ever was my engi, 107, and my highest fixer is 91 so far.

Since I had forgotten on how to play the game I started a fixer from scratch. Currently lv69 or 70 I'm still loving it a lot. Been spending most of my time soloing SL.

Someone up there mentioned that people are abandoning their fixers, which is more than a good reason for me to keep mine. Soon I will be unique in a MMORPG which has always been my goal in multiplayer games, to do things I enjoy while not being geared/specced like everyone else. :laughing3:

Also remember, this is a game and you should have fun while playing it. If you like fixer then roll one no matter how awful it plays out. It's much better than playing something good while not enjoying it.
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:08 pm

True true. :)