MA Engi

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

MA Engi

Post by markp89 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:08 am

Hello all!
I wanna make a second toon, After alot of rerolling and deleting.. I was thinking about a MA Engi.
But i have no idea if this is a good idea to solo.. ''Dynas, Unique's, etc etc etc''
Some people told me a top blinds are UBER, like GA4.. You can solo pretty everything.. Is this true?
And what about armor, So far i know is:
Might of the Revenant
Barrow Strength
Living Dragonflesh Body Armor
Cloak of the Reanimated Gladiator
Fly Catcher's Specs

And i join clan, So maybe other parts reactive armor or..?
And what ma attacks, and IP only in brawl? or also parry/dimach etc.. Able to max tradeskills?
I have no idea :P
Can someone tell me more about a Ma Engi please, and if it is a good option to solo with it?
Thanks!

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: MA Engi

Post by Saavick » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:10 am

You will make a new toon before this one reaches 150 anyway, how about focussing your questions on low level instead? :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:41 am

Dont havge questions for low level, so OT pl0x :P

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 am

Bureaucrat went to the big typing pool in the sky? :)

Ma engi work exactly like an Engi with a pistol except you have mediocre damage till you can get SDT.

You will use "Blessed with Thunder" (Dmg) and "Flower of Life" (Heal).

and.......someone else take over

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am

Not recommended before TL5.

You just won't have IP to max all these dark blue skills related to MA (brawl,FA,Parry), body dev, evades, PM (for blinds) and First aid.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 am

And how about soloing?
Are blinds really that good like GA4?

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am

markp89 wrote:And how about soloing?
The above post is for soloing. You can leach from teams if you want. Soloing you'll just have the bot for extra damage but you'll take all the hits so you need to spent IP to all the above skills to survive.

No blind are not as good as GA4 because:
A. They can break/countered
B. The mob you are fighting isn't affected by them unlike GA4.

However you are pretty invicible when all goes well and you have the bot to hold aggro.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Goran Gora » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 am

Ar1z wrote:
The above post is for soloing. You can leach from teams if you want. Soloing you'll just have the bot for extra damage but you'll take all the hits so you need to spent IP to all the above skills to survive.

However you are pretty invicible when all goes well and you have the bot to hold aggro.
true and wrong!

A. true they break
B. wrong! if you spam blind (got to have decent nano pool ) you can "evade" about 1/3 of hits. so its affects quite a lot. when soloing PNH/IOR is always friend :) i quite often cast heals and then blind and then repeat, when soloing

about MA engi.. MA dont make you ubah soloer because with dmg you OD bot and get aggro which you dont want when soloing biggass mob. MA engi is kinda raid tool or support for DD :)
Good, old patriots! :)

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Pat to the Rescue!

Why not go Ma hybrid and throw on a pair of parry sticks....will work well with blinds , you'll still get Dot and heal...but maybe won't OD pet.

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am

Goran Gora wrote:
Ar1z wrote:

true and wrong!

A. true they break
B. wrong! if you spam blind (got to have decent nano pool ) you can "evade" about 1/3 of hits. so its affects quite a lot. when soloing PNH/IOR is always friend :) i quite often cast heals and then blind and then repeat, when soloing

about MA engi.. MA dont make you ubah soloer because with dmg you OD bot and get aggro which you dont want when soloing biggass mob. MA engi is kinda raid tool or support for DD :)
So for soloing pistols are better?

Tenchii
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Tenchii » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 am

Oh that was misunderstood i guess . I am one of those comparing blinds to GA. What i didnt say is that it is the same.

GA'Fixer and his passive defense is about avoiding alot of hits and about HoT-healling those few hits that come through. If this passive system gets overpowered or adds show up a fixer still has the active toolset to snare/root or use speed/range till the HoT cathes up.

Engi is less straight forward and is usually not trying to evade the fightingtarget (even less so as ma-engi, as fists demand a scope and thus your aggdef-bar destroys your ridiculous low evades anyways). Engi uses the Slayer as passive defense. Engi+Slayer are enough DD to just outdmg most targets and casting botheals in weaponcooldown adds to this effect. If this passive system gets overpowered or adds show up, too many engis give up. Our active toolset is very very strong! It allows so many "tricks" :

If non-nuking adds show up, you can blind them and tank unlimited amounts of them "forever"! Thats the GA'feeling. If you screw up you die where a fixer would life, but in return a fixer can be overpowered by numbers, you cant !!!

If your Bot gets overpowered by the fightingtarget you can set it on /follow or on /behind and blind your fightingtarget while the insane healdelta of the Slayer ticks in as soon as it isnt hit any more.

If your Bot gets overpowered and target is blind-immune or wiping blinds after a few seconds (thats super-rare, even raidbosses get blinded) you can ofcourse also catch aggro and kite the mob while again the insane healdelta heals the Slayer back up.

If you are tanking a fightingtarget yourself you cant sit'n recharge as easily, thats why PNH becomes a nice OSB. With PNH you can still spamm blinds. You will break the blind with every other hit, but mob will lose about 1/3 of his hits which makes it alot more comfortable. You know this effect from MP-mezz-pets.

Before you can cast slayer-transferance, MA is just minor to twinked weapons by alot. Not only is it less dmg, it also is less attackrating, less buffing-options to nanoskills (or exp) and less range. Range isnt needed to learn aggro-management, but it helps very very very much. I dont regret leveling up with pistols at all, as they are cheap and versatile and thier specials make aggro-juggling very easy. You will be atleast level 150 till you learnt most engi-tricks, even more so as it isnt your 1st char and thus you will levelup with OSB and brute (slayer-) force alot, which wont help you learn anything about the class.

Parry sticks are an interesting option, as they would lower engi-dmg (no scope), but rise survability by higher shields/evades/flower (ma-specials like flower or BwT dont land on really high mobs thou). I just found no reason for it so far as i can blind tank lvl250 dynas and could still kite or get HoT as OSB if i really needed it. I used the IP for tradeskills instead, as i am still an engi *giggles*. Talking about OSB:. one of the reasons ma-engi does work at raids is the tons of OSB that are worth it as a crit-whore. When soloing buffhunting is not needed but fists wont be that much superiour to other weapons then.

Have fun with your engi! Make sure you learn to use the whole toolset, including grootgrafts, sit-heal-standup in midfight and so on. Engi can solo most anything, but it always is a more fragile system than doc/fixer, so it wouldnt be my recommendation as solo-char for lazy ppl *giggles*

About equipment: you dont have enough leeway to just take "teh best", there are some items that depend alot on your other equipment. Get the levels and tell what you feel to improve and we can help. Without we cant ;)

Concerning IP: we got plenty at 200, if we dont tradeskill. Maxed inits, MA and enough fastattack for bloodshed armband and a nice flurry-of-blows is enough to be nice DD at raids (thats all i have). Brawl would be my next if i had the IP and was into soloing easy stuff more often, ma-specials only land on mobs that are so easy that i would use BwT for dmg anyways.
Regards
~Tenchii
- - Tenchii lvl 199 Engi - - ( MA-Engi is really strong and alot of fun. Please dont hide as Engi, blinds=GA'like stayingpower)
- - Steffilein TL.5 Doc - - -( if you love weapons, use them and never stand back, the new items make "docs are scarce on IP" a lie )
- - Netherstorm TL.5 MP - ( my 4th MP. 2he Trox this time. Yes i like pet'classes that are in the midst of it )
- - Bigchii TL.5 Enforcer - ( Evade-Enfo, a good way to get docs bored )

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 am

Nice post Tenchii!