Rethinking implant set-up for TOTW

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Rethinking implant set-up for TOTW

Post by Goldberg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:45 pm

I really think you should get something to TL5 if you plan to make a "serius" build; TL5 toon ("main") means you can earn money fast with less eforts, get some buff from it, blitz imps and clusters, farm armor alone (save the money of buying it) and probebly more things that i cant think of atm :)... i think Mp would be perfect for you thou, isnt a hard to level and play, youll be able to build your own imps and cast mochs on Engi, also can make fast cash just standing outside the bor grid.....

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:46 am

I will second that suggestion of Goldberg's. I think it is very hard to pull yourself up by your bootlaces. So, trying to make a lvl 60 twink with a lvl 60 twink is difficult.

I have a lvl 170-ish MP, which is my highest lvl toon, and he has made loads of cash for the others. The MP was only the second toon I rolled, and he's stood the test of time. Even untwinked a lvl 120 MP can cope with missions up to around lvl 200, so he can get what you need for the others. Plus the MP can get high nano programming skills, so he can make all your implants. The MP can easily do missions to get high lvl implants you can strip to make those implants.

The quickest way to level toons on RK is to dual log an NT (with outside buffs) teamed with the toon you want to level. 5 to 10 lvls an hour is quite feasible.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:02 am

Specifically, if I were starting out in AO again knowing what I now do about the game, I would set up 6 AO free accounts. I would have one main toon on each account:
MP
NT
Trader
Doc
Fixer
Enforcer

These cover all the main buffs that people want for twinking. (A couple of agents might do as an alternative.) As they are on separate accounts, they can all buff each other, as long as you can dual-log.

It goes something like this: You want your MP to buff mochams, but he doesn't have the skills yet? Just buff the trader with the best MP-buffs you have, and the trader drains up a bit and wrangles the MP. You can get a +82 wrangle just using store bought nanos.

Also, assuming your PC will take it, you can 6-log and have them all teamed together. Spam the NT with buffs from the other 5 and he can level the rest up for you. In practice, all the NT really, really needs is a run speed buff and a MC buff. I have seen people kiting with really basic equipment on their NTs.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Great, the one time I want the mods to lock the thread so that people will stop bothering me, and they don't come through for me...

:shock:

Was that out loud?

Here's the thing: I generally don't have the internet time (not to mention attention span :wink: ) needed in order to make a character above level 100, much less 150. Plus the fact that I'd probably have to get new implants every fifteen or twenty levels doesn't really thrill me.

GDB, I'm not make a level 60 twink with a level 60 twink. My engi is my ONLY level 60, and until further notice, he will stay that way. Mods, PLEASE lock this thread ASAP.
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:44 pm

You asked for advice, people gave it to you, instead of thanking you want it locked?... you my friend deserve some severe Image....

j/k ofc ;)