Rethinking implant set-up for TOTW

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Rethinking implant set-up for TOTW

Post by Stupidluigi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Sure I can solo everything in TOTW (including Azzy), but my problem is I'm probably (if not "most likely") not getting the highest quality robot I could with my current implant setup. Here it is, so take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Stupidluigi's Implant Set-up

You'll notice that I don't have anything set in the "Weapons" or "Clothing" sections of the set-up. That is because my stupid web browser won't let me change those (it is NOT a NetNanny issue). I'll post the items that I believe affect my bot making abilities.

Weapons

- Second-Hand Old English Trading Co. QL12 (x2) effects: +5 intel each

Clothing

- Neleb's Nano-master Robe effects: +15 all nano skills
- Notum Ring of the Three effects: +2 Time&Space and Matter Creation
- Ring of Presence QL 39 effects: +2 all nano skills

I believe that's everything that affects my nano skills. Please tell me what I need to do to improve this set-up. Thank you :)
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: Rethinking implant set-up for TOTW

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:53 pm

You must save the setup, before copy-pasting the link. This just gives an empty equipment config. Oh, you got nothing??? I can think of some improvements then :P.
Hmm, vte's should be possible. As weapons you can take a higher ql of same kind (ql 70, 90, 100). Or you could get CDR's or/and engi-pistol to attack with, but that doesn't seem to be the goal ;). Miy's rmor also boosts nanoskills, mainly miy's nano. Might be tough to get in good ql though...
I think you'd benefit most from making toons that can casts mochams and wrangles on you though :P.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

cubscrazy350
Amateur
Amateur

Post by cubscrazy350 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 pm

get OET co jess +20 to int/psy each
I agree with the miy armor being a good choice, you really only need chest and pants for MC/TS, the higher ql int/psy guns will help with the miy so do that first.
VTE's could be possible, but you would need a good set of lower ql miy for intel to ladder into the VTE's, you will also need http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=152713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and thus you will have to be nanomage to but the VTE's. And then once you have the VTE's on, u can use those to put higher ql Miy nano on =) The miy nano alone should be 5-8 points of MC/TS and then you'll also get a BUNCH from tickledown from the http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=123863" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and from the VTE's and from the intel from miy nano. Good luck mate

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 pm

cubscrazy350 wrote: tickledown
:D VTEs are tough for even a level 60 nanomage. i have experience twinking one on an orgmate years ago
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 am

WorldTrader wrote: :D VTEs are tough for even a level 60 nanomage.
It should even be possible on trox. Deal with it or don't call it a twink :P.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:59 am

Soft Pepper Pistol
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

wimmi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wimmi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 am

"Filigree Ring set with a Perfectly Cut Star Ruby" helps with MC/TS. There are no Requirements, so aim for a high-QL platinum ring (Gold ring QL 200 provides 3 MC/TS each). An alternative can be "Fractured Nightmare" from Steps of Madness. 4 Int/Psy each, for trickledown or buffingitem for equipping Miys. Myis Sleeves help also a lot, due to Int/Psy-bonus (and MM, damage-buff for your pet!). VTEs are doable, farm some Buffarmor like Miys, Nova Dillon etc. and the already mentioned stuff.

The very best improvement i made with my engi was a Mochi-buffing-toon, though :)

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 am

Basically, all my implants except for one of them (the chest, which is ql80ish) are ql125 or higher. Maybe I should just take everything out and retwink it all? I could easily get some twinking creds from my doctor, so money shouldn't be a problem for implant purchase. And I haven't maxed my Psychic out, so VTEs might be out of the question.
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Okay, so I decided to take everything out and do a complete retwink. However, I won't be able to get some of the implants needed because they can't be found in shops and I'm kinda gimp at the moment :wink: So I am doing some implant shopping on RK1, and need the following basic implants:

- A Basic Waist Implant (QL 130-134)
- A Basic Chest Implant (QL 133-138)
- A Basic Left-Hand Implant (QL 140)
- A Basic Left-Arm Implant (QL 140)
- A Basic Right-Wrist Implant (QL 130)
- A Basic Waist Implant (QL 138)
- A Basic Chest Implant (QL 135)

If you can provide these items, /tell Stupidluigi during normal online hours or send me a PM. Be sure to post the prices as well. Thank you :)
My toons (All Clan)

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 pm

your only getting QL130ish imps on? Well it's possible for a level 60 toon to get QL150 implants on....I've done it on 9 professions and every breed...so I know it can be done. That's not even using things such as expensive vest of prof. Jones (I don't have that at all)...but some things like shades of lucubration and V.T.E's are a must have.

So if you want to squeeze a few more bot levels, do some planning to get into QL150's, or at the least QL147. Also Remember, always try to push your implants to Odd QL levels because you usually squeeze an extra point or two out of the implant on odd QL levels.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Easiest way to get ql 134 (or whatever) implants is to level up the ql 125 ones. Get someone with high NP skill to add a faded cluster to the bare implant, and it levels up 1 ql (or more depending...), then strip that and you have a ql 126 empty implant. Repeat as necessary.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:25 am

The problem with trying to get ql150 implants in is that I have neither the proper twinking items nor the budget to get those PLUS all the other supplies I'll be using. With the current twinking gear I DO have, 140 is the highest I can get in without having to worry about hunting around for rare armors of hard-to-find quality levels.

As for leveling the 125 implants, I thought about doing that, but the problem with THAT is that the QL the implants are bumped by a varying amount depending on who does it. I guess I COULD try asking my 220 friend to do it, but first he may need to get another disassembly clinic made :wink:
My toons (All Clan)

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:12 am

You don't need rare items or hard to get items to get 150 agility and stamina based implants on. The most cost comes from buying the implants, clusters and any possible implant bumping you may need to do.

For one of the more basic examples....a level 60 toon starts with about 183 to 186 Agility and Stamina when you max the skills.

You simply need concrete cushions, QL40 Tsakachumi PTO-HV.2 Counter-Sniper Rifle (+40 agility...you can roll and blitz this weapon), Collar of Amplification (quest reward from kill foreman director), QL65 Physician's cap (can go lower QL if your pshyic isn't high...this guide shows how to make it), Ess. of Beh buff, IC buff, SFA, ability boost, Med suit, rings of presence are optional but if you have them they help some and you may need UA and/or TTS buff (depends on how much rifle and Aimshot you need to get the rifle on)....or you can just temporarily implant the rifle and aimshot to get the rifle on, which ever is better for you...Personally I like to implant so not to use up all my NCU on huge buffs (never know when you need some free NCU for some minor buff to help you twink).

Then you just need the approrpiate implants and clusters, then step ladder up your implants. There are many ways to ladder implants but I'll just show you an example of how I sometimes do mine. Also, this is assuming you have no implants on at all....if you have implants on that give stamina or agility, then it only changes the ql of your laddering implants that you start out with.

So for example, equip all your buffs (all of them if you can, otherwise you'll have to buff swap every so often), put on your med suit and physician's cap and Concrete Cushions. at this point you may need to temporarily implant computer lit to get your collar of Amp on (if you've maxed CL, that should be easy)...put highest treatment head implant in, Same with the Eye and Right Hand. Once you have everything on, put in your highest Stamina based Chest implant with stamina in the shining spot...you can do shining stamina and anything you want in the bright and faded spots to make the implant stamina based.

EDIT: note that somewhere along the way, probably after you've implanted your agility and/or stamina you can then step ladder up your 3 treatment implants, you likely will need to do so at some point or another to reach 715 treatment needed.

Next you put in your highest waist implant with faded stamina (other slots can be empty because faded stamina will end up stamina based anyway).

Next you put in your highest QL leg implant with shining agility, bright stamina and whatever you want in faded...chances are this will be around A QL143-145 implant by now and you might consider it to be your final implant for that slot unless you want something like evades in your leg...but doing that just makes it harder to get higher QL implants on...so I personally just keep agility and stamina and max health (or body dev for a trox) in my final leg cluster...it really depends on what type of twink I'm making though...sometimes you need those evades.

From here, you can now go change the waist stamina implant to agility...it will still be stamina based and your stamina should be well over 304 (amt needed for QL150 implants)....treatment should be around 695 or so (need 20 more to meet QL150 implant treatment amount of 715). Somewhere during the process you can have equipped at the least a QL90 treatment library (or higher if you have a higher portable surgery clinic). That should give you about 9 more treatment so you should be short in the treatment by less than 10 points or so.

Then you need to take off your CC's and get your agility rifle equipped. so either get your UA, TTS or wrangle. UA and TTS can do the trick or UA and triple implant aimshot (if needed, might only need double implant AS) or you can get a wrangle for the rifle skill and again triple implant AS....you can always implant faded rifle because it doesn't conflict with AS (shining and bright does conflict though). From here you should have about 295 - 300 Agility.

next put in your agility Feet implant...and you should have enough agility for QL147 - 150 implants. keep in mind that QL147 is sometimes preferable because you might find you can't squeeze any more agility or treatment out to get 150's....but 147 gives just about the same skill increase as 150's...only a 1 point loss in one or two of the 3 clusters.

From here, you can now put in agility based ear, right arm, left arm, R. Wrist, L. Wrist, R. Hand, L. Hand and with a bit of fiddling around and number crunching you can swap out the waist implant and chest implant to have the skills you need and still keep the implant close to around QL140 - 147...it really depends on a few factors...but overall, that's the basic method I use to get QL147 - 150 implants on.

For some professions, you can even get QL155 - 160's on doing this...agent's are pretty good at doing that due to FPing and being able to wear profession locked gear (like implant disassembly clinic instead of treatement library...and other such things).

So as you can see, nothing really rare or hard to get items that you will need. All of this stuff you can get yourself without spending millions or taking days to get them. Well the collar of amp could be tough to get if you don't have it, but by level 60 all players should have it....but if you don't, it's not hard finding help to get it....even if you have to pay some millions for foreman services...should take no longer than an hour tops.

In the end, if you have all or most of this stuff already, which isn't hard to get, the highest cost you will have is in building the implants....which you can do for about 2-3 million more if you have to bump implants that is (unless you have a friend who will hook you up for free or low low cost...;). Bumping QL125's up to QL147-150 is a pain for my MP becuase he can't clean them...so I have to trade them to my agent for each time I need to clean them, then trade them back..so it's back and forth, back and forth.

Keep in mind that I'm writing this off the top of my head and the exact values may be off by a few points here and there...but I've done many twink jobs on just about all my toons...level 60 is one of the 3 times I set aside for twinking my toons. I twink just a little between 20 - 35 (if I feel my toon is too gimp anyway), at level 60 and for the last time around 100 - 120...at least until I hit 200 at which point I know I'll be twinking some refined imps on.

If you go ahead and get those imps a bit higher, you may find you can pull a bot 2 or 3 QL's higher than what you are now. If you dont' have the funds to do this basic twink steps here, then personally I think you have no business twinking and should go make some money first. In my opinion, if a player has less than 20 million credits, you shouldn't even worry about twinking yet, unless you just really really feel you need to or want to...but a half twink job is a waste of time and money....I say if your gonna twink, then get the maximum benefit for your effort.

Lastly, there are quite a few guides on here with more detailed twinking steps...you don't have to use the exact gear they have (most use the best items they can find)...often times you can adapt what they have done and make it fit your own budget and still be as effective or close enough to what they've shown you.

So when you hear expensive vest of prof. jones, shades of luc, VTE's..etc. it doesn't mean you need them for implant twinking but for specific jobs they are required....such as making your implants intelligence based (because it's a pain and in some cases impossible to ladder up intelligence or psychic implants like you can with stamina or agility), you want (or need) VTE's and shades of luc or other such unique or rare items. AS long as your doing stamina and agility based implants (not psychic, sense or intelligence) you can do it without all the rare items. The key is in the implant laddering in my opinion...using the right combination of implants to bump the QL of another implant does wonders for twinking.

Oh and I guess I should say that if you plan to fight with your bot, then that will change this whole process in some ways but I won't get all into that....I leave the rest up to you and your personal preferences....just showing that QL150 agility based implants can be worn (with some minor sacrifices) at level 60.
Last edited by BigMx on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:24 am

I know HOW to ladder implants. How do you think I got to 140 in the first place? :wink:

But the problem is that the toon I'm twinking is (believe it or not) my highest level character. So some of those items I can't even get. I have the cushions and the rifle, plus plenty of NCU, so buffs aren't a problem, but the collar and cap would be difficult for me to obtain.

On a side note, just so everyone knows, VTEs are currently out of the equation, as I only have 9.8 million credits left for all the gear for twinking. I also think I'm moving along just fine, I'm having a friend level the implants for me. Mods, please lock this post.
My toons (All Clan)

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:29 am

I can help you get the collar of amp...but the other stuff anyone can get for free....or for the p.cap, you buy it from trader vendor....maybe pay a small service fee to a trader to get you one, then you can have it made with minor tradeskills...hell if your that strapped, I'll give you one for free (i've got 8 of them...lol).

EDIT: Wait a minute..I just notice something. If your highest level toon is the one your twinking, then what level is the foreman's twink listed in your sig?

And exactly what Items (other than p.cap and collar) don't you think you can get at your level? Those VTE's and such were just stated if you were doing anything other than agility/stamina based implants or trying to twink on some armor or utility items that require high int, sen or psy.

Again, if your using agility and stamina based implants...even a level 30 toon can get everything (other than the collar) by themselves. Of course for low level you'll always need a traderskiller no matter what kind of twink job you do.

So again, if you want my help (i'm on RK1 also), I have a MP, Agent, Engineer, Trader and other professions (all level 100+) who can help you with what you need...so there really isn't any other complaints you should have about not being able to get things. Just saying, I need something to do...been bored with AO lately anyway....need a reason to log on and play :D