Bots dependent on level or skills?

misterj
Amateur
Amateur

Bots dependent on level or skills?

Post by misterj » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 am

What i mean is,
if an atrox engi was able to cast a lv200 slayerdroid meeting the minimum requirements, would his bot be exactly the same as the nano mage engie that has far surpassed the minimum TS and MC to cast the bot?

If thats the case, wouldnt that make it possible for a froob engi to have the exact same damage output from his bot, as a level220 engie? =P~
Creampimp - RK2 - lv119 Trader
Blitzpimp - RK2 - lv99 Fixer
Leathaface - RK2 - lv58 Enforcer

Matsuda
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Bots dependent on level or skills?

Post by Matsuda » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 am

As far as I know the bot only depends on the nano used to create it. The difference in damage output between a 220 eng and a 200 eng is type of bot they use. A 220 eng can cast a lvl220 bot and a 200 eng can only cast a lvl200 bot since that is the highest bot froobs can get.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:31 am

Also engies can cast different BOT MODIFYING nanos on their bots.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am

SL engi's have access to two bots, not one. Don't forget the extra damage from the squishy mechdog look-a-like aggro magnet.
Rolled a little alt on RK4. Just dinged level 1!
[unPaid]Reetzor 150/9 soli soldier, Hypocentre 131/3 soli NT, Didistick 112/2 opi kipur, Hypotheses 100/5 nano MP,
[unPaid]Yakovbok 57/2 opi fixer, Didisticks 50/2 opi MA, Wristflick 50/2 soli advy, Riddor 32/2 soli crat.
[Froob]Selzip 167 trox fixer, Selgran 111 trox enfo, Selrobi 108 nano NT, Selforms 100 trox crat, Selmedi 95 soli doc,
and far far too many other time/credit sinks that never made it out of TL1/2.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

Bots are not weapons, they don't get better if you have more than the minimum skill required to equip (Or summon, in this case).

Also: A 220 engi summoning a 200 slayer and a TL5 engi summoning a 200 slayer? Yeah, both bots are going to do the exact same damage, unless you factor stuff like auras/buffs/trimmers.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 am

From what I have noticed...it seems the higher your lvl the more powerful your bot is(same buffs). I just know that when I was 120ish, the 200 slayer could barely take down 195ish mobs. Now, he can easily kill 205ish mobs. And for those of you who don't know...the difference between a sub lvl200 and lvl200+ mob is quite large.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 am

flyingengi wrote:From what I have noticed...it seems the higher your lvl the more powerful your bot is(same buffs). I just know that when I was 120ish, the 200 slayer could barely take down 195ish mobs. Now, he can easily kill 205ish mobs. And for those of you who don't know...the difference between a sub lvl200 and lvl200+ mob is quite large.
I'd say the difference isn't the bot getting stronger, it's just you having better buffs to give it. There's a real easy way to test this though:
1. Have your local 220 engi cast some really lowbie droid and try taking out something nasty - No buffs or anything, obviously.
2. Then do the same with an actual lowbie engi. Compare results.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am

As I said, same buffs ^^
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Hotbuttered
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hotbuttered » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:56 am

It's reasonable to assume your bots' offense/defense may be affected by your character's stats, independent of buffs, trimmers, etc. A known example of a similar mechanic is the fact that your bot's runspeed is variable, based on your own runspeed.

Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nicodar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Hotbuttered wrote:It's reasonable to assume your bots' offense/defense may be affected by your character's stats, independent of buffs, trimmers, etc. A known example of a similar mechanic is the fact that your bot's runspeed is variable, based on your own runspeed.
I don't see the reason why it would be like Runspeed. There is no way to increase a pet's runspeed that I can recall which is why the pets RS is based on the person's (de)buffed runspeed at time of summoning/charming. But there are buffs and such that can fiddle with a pet's AAO, AAD and AGG-DEF slider.

zendadaist
Hardened
Hardened

Post by zendadaist » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Nicodar wrote: I don't see the reason why it would be like Runspeed. There is no way to increase a pet's runspeed that I can recall which is why the pets RS is based on the person's (de)buffed runspeed at time of summoning/charming. But there are buffs and such that can fiddle with a pet's AAO, AAD and AGG-DEF slider.
Pet RS is reset each zoning, so never zone with a snare or other RS debuff on you :D

I have not noticed personally any increase in an untouched bot's performance coming from my lowbie engi or my endgame engi, other than the RS difference. Might be something worth investigating however.
Ophiuchus 220 Engi ::: Nahuatl 150 Advy
Transcendence
Spidershiva 165 NT ::: Silentmotion 150 Enfo
The Union
And an army of innocuous-looking froob twinks...

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 pm

This perception may come from other buffs. You might cast top slayer at 125 but you might don't have the rest of the top nanos to buff your bot (Aegis barier, Top reflect, shield, auras and heals) also the aao/aad pet buff nano is level locked and it makes a huge difference in bot survivability.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nicodar » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:15 pm

zendadaist wrote:I have not noticed personally any increase in an untouched bot's performance coming from my lowbie engi or my endgame engi, other than the RS difference. Might be something worth investigating however.

Now that I think about it, some more info may be needed like what fighting tactic is used by the engy, as in hide around the corner and let pet do all the work or letting the pet tank and fighting along side it. A fighting engy with good weapons means mobs die faster so bot survivsbility goes up as well.

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Goran Gora » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:56 am

flyingengi wrote:From what I have noticed...it seems the higher your lvl the more powerful your bot is(same buffs). I just know that when I was 120ish, the 200 slayer could barely take down 195ish mobs. Now, he can easily kill 205ish mobs. And for those of you who don't know...the difference between a sub lvl200 and lvl200+ mob is quite large.

hey! i had same. at 110ish or whatever i got my 200 slayer was doing borgs.. he wasnt able tank 2x PW borg Generals..

when i am 200 i am able take 2x 205ish mobs without problems

and btw.. both situations were with same reflect and without any Healing nanos...
Good, old patriots! :)

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:34 am

That was the case with my first engineer toon. I thought somehow bot was able to handle mobs better while i was leveling. Then I rolled another engineer. With all the equipment and experience I had I was able to use top slayer around level 120.
Using just the 545 AC buff, 22% reflect and +20dmg buff and by fully trimming the bot with the help of my TSer engi I was able to solo 205sh missions. i did shoot (and missed a lot) using a cdr and an electronicum at the mobs helping the bot and also healing (Intricate Repairs) when necessary.

So i guess your level/skills don't have direct effects on your bot but they do help cast top buffs/heal do extra damage.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto