Nano resist on snare aura's

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Nano resist on snare aura's

Post by Saavick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:53 am

I'm using a snare aura with my pet, and it almost never lands. I've noticed the very high Nano Resist defence check on it, and the attack skills of Time&Space and MattMetam...
I cast the snare aura on the bot, and then the bot casts the snare on surrounding enemies. When determining if it lands, does it check my nanoskills vs the enemy's NR or does it check the bot's nanoskills vs the enemy's NR? I'm curious since I can buff myself with mochams but not my bot :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Ytinirt
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Nano resist on snare aura's

Post by Ytinirt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 am

Very interesting question. I cant say im 100% sure of this, but this is my theori so far;

When you first cast the aoe snare on the bot it checks your requiement to land on surrounding enimies as I land it pretty often.

I think the following ticks are determined by something else, maby your bot.

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Goran Gora » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:02 am

Havn't found way how to use snare on that aura. I use it for my bot AR.. i would try find way to use it but it ahve quite long refresh >< 30 s
over numbers.. i would say its imposible to land on high rk bosses but bot seems land it.. hm...have accidently snared 220 NT with best Aura :roll:
Good, old patriots! :)

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:09 am

Well I can't say for sure how it works but my guess is that enemies are affected only by the nano formula (and attack skill %) coming from the toon/object that the aura is coming from, not by the person who cast the aura. They all seem to work based on the target that's running the aura/nano. It's similar to engy and crat def. and off. AOE aura's.....they run the aura and it pulses every 20 seconds or so and that cast a nano formula in the ncu of surrounding friendlies. Once that aura is running on the other toons, the effects of that aura are then based on the skills of the target who has the nano/aura running in their ncu, not the skills of the player that cast the aura.

For example, you cast crat offense aura where it give's AAO and AAD buff and the AAO is added to "your" AR and the AAD is added to "your" defense. When you hit a mob or a mob hits you, it's "your" skills that all calculations are based on. When a doc cast Nano resistbuff on you, it's added to your Nano resistand when a mob or player cast a nano on you, it checks against your modified Nano resist. Therefore I don't see it working any different on pets as they use the same combat system as players. Again, there is no evidence that pets have a different combat system from PVM or PVP. So my assumption would be that the snare aura running on engy pets are based on the skills of the bot, not the engy. The game mechanics of how snare aura's work would have to be totally different if the engy's skills played a roll in the aura landing ever 20 secs...especially since the engy is not often engaged in combat with the target or the target is not aggro'd on the engy. So in that sense, the engy's nano skill attack % cannot (or should not) affect whether the aura running on a bot lands every 20 seconds.

also, because it's a pulsing nano, it seems as though aura's on land enough to be worth it. When we cast a snare and it doesn't land, we can immediately cast it again and again until it lands...which means you have much higher chance of it landing than you do when an aura only tries to stick the snare every 20 seconds.

Lastly, snares do break, granted they have the lowest chance to break of any nano in the game, but I've seen mobs break snares 2 seconds after it lands. Hitting a mob with the top crat snare has like a 1% to 2% chance to break on attack or something like that....so it will likely not break easily, but there's still that 1% chance it will break. The engy pet aura's has about a 5% chance to break.....but remember breaking and resisting are too different things. a mob can resist the first pulse of the snare and the next pulse might land and stick, but then the snare breaks (remember 5% chance) due to being hit by a bots damage shield or an engy's other aura running on the engy (such as blinds, shield and reflect debuffs).

OH and on more thing, the visual aura of snares is kind of buggy....I've landed snares on mobs with my fixer and the green aura never shows up at all the whole course of the fight or that the mob is aggro'd (but rooted). The only way I know the snare landed without seeing the green aura is either It said it was successful in chat or the mobs movement speed greatly reduces to where I can see the change in the mobs speed (such as running in slow motion).....yet no green aura effects ever show around a mob.

So pet aura's are a bit funny to guage whether they are working or not....the most important part though is that I don't beleive the aura needs to land for the taunt effect of the snare aura to work. So I cast it simply for the taunt, snares are useless in PVM 95% of the time anyway unless your twinked to cast some pretty high snares, which majority of people don't twink the 2 skills needed to run snares all that much, if at all....espeically if your profession doesn't need one of the skills that much for other nano's. It's not until you start reducing speed by around 800 or more that snares seem to be worth it in pvm to me....pvp is different, but in pvm, snares are practically useless, unless they root the mob like fixer snares do.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Let's just say i've had them land on me at full defense with 2.7k NR...
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:10 pm

flyingengi wrote:Let's just say i've had them land on me at full defense with 2.7k NR...
by who, players or MOB's?

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Keep in mind that FC has been known to muck up ticks on nanos and/or abilities, from HoT to DoT to perks. While the initial cast may very well be playerskill, the following hits may be player skill or may be total lunar mass alteration per monthly rotation.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 pm

BigMx wrote:by who, players or MOB's?
Pretty sure players are the only ones with Snare auras on engi pets :D

And the time i'm talking about was a 220 engi with it on both of his pets. (I don't run into many engi's in BS that stay around me long enough to test it more lol)
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook