A list of trade skill buffing items that froobs can use.

Gythe
Rookie
Rookie

A list of trade skill buffing items that froobs can use.

Post by Gythe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:11 am

I have searched for items that give trade skills could not find exactly what I am looking for as the online databases (db) don't have a froob can use setting. My list favors Omni Nanamage Engineers but there is no reason not to list others the thing I am wanting most is froobs can get and/or use them.

Rancorous Focus-Funneling Helper

Primitive Focus-Funneling Helper

Loving Focus-Funneling Helper

Omni-Tek Technical Library

Ring of Presence

Dirty Bioplast Overall

The Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones

Fashionable Energy Ring

Mechanical Analyzer

Token boards at higher level.

Various pistols enhance trade skills should I list them? If you have others please post and if you know which bd settings will find froob useable items please share. Thank you.

P.S. First Post

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: A list of trade skill buffing items that froobs can use.

Post by Weeping Willow » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 am

RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 am

Advanced Head Skinchip - ICC Engineer (neutral Only)
Drops from Dyna Bosses (and possibly from random loot in missions)

Repairman's Hat

made Via This Process

Profiteer's Helper (neutral Only)
Drops from Hollow Island

HUD Upgrade: Personal S.T.M
Drops from T.I.M in foremans

And soon (when Froobs are allowed in org HQ's) there is the possibility of using the tradeskill machine for +160 to all tradeskills (except comp. lit)
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Might want to poke this. There's some useful toys mentioned there.

Also, welcome aboard.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Post by C++ This! » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Also dont forget trickledown from attribute buffs...not much but every bit helps.

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Well for those that don't know, as a general rule, when I'm searching the online DB I put the following in my searches...

NREQ(Expansion sets)
NREQ(GM level)

And if I'm looking for a specific item based on breed or profession, I also put either of those selections (at the top rightof the search page) to "At least" and then select the breed or profession.

That will filter out about 95% of items that froobs cannot use and will also eliminate any items your breed or profession can't use. Some expansion related items still get through though because they don't have any listing in the requirements section related to any expansions. Things that need a cyberdeck or perks to use but don't have a specific expansion requirement listed will get past the filters and show up in the list anyway...and since froobs can't use cyberdecks or perks, you'll get these items showing up in the list. so you have to keep an eye on the requirements section when examining an item.

so if the items has the one of the following in the requirements section...

User Expansion sets
User Specialization
User Cyberdeck

Then froobs can't use the item. There might be other user requirements I missed which don't allow froobs to use an item, but these 3 are off the top of my head.

Also, sometimes those requirements will have a &, NOT or == signs after those requirements and each one means something different.

The & sign usually means you need the listed requirement. so User Specialization & <listed requirement here> means you need that listed requirement to use the item and since it's a Specilaization, you already know froobs can't use it.

The NOT sign usually means you can't have a certain item or level in the given area (such as user cyberdeck not 5)...which I assume means you can only use the item if you have cyberdeck less than 5 or not at all...not too sure about that one as I don't know all about cyberdecks that much except that if they are required and not optional, then froobs can't use the item.

The == sign usually has a number 0 or other value depending on the item...so if you have User inside shadowlands == 0, that basically means to use the item you "Cannot" be inside shadowlands (grid armor is a prime example of this).

Now as for engy items that have or don't have these tags, I'm not sure what does and what doesn't as I've never searched for engineer items myself. So this is just the general rules I use when searching the database.

Oh and one little tip for putting those filters into your searches....all you need to do is choose not require from the first box and click on the second box and just type GM (if you want the GM level selection) or type "EX" (if you want expansion set selection). Then just click add. That way you don't have to scroll the list for putting those filters in everytime you search....and you don't have to copy and paste it either (i've heard of other people copy and pasting it...only why I mentioned this).

Well hope this helps anyone with their item searches :)