What can TL7 Engi's solo?

evu
Fresh
Fresh

What can TL7 Engi's solo?

Post by evu » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:17 am

Hi

I'm having problems with AO offi forums so I'ma post this here :) Basicly, I was wondering how well engineers can solo in the later levels, I know they rawk at low levels...

This isn't just a froob question either, I mean in areas like inf and such, and all the other new areas that may have been added in the last 2 years I don't know about (back from long break :P).

So what have you, or know can be, solo'd as a TL7 engineer? I don't need a load of posts telling me you solod Aztur or Abmouth at lvl x :P (I know you can! they're easy! hehe)

What got me thinking was remembering I still want the Nano from Obediency Enforcer, he's doable alone I believe? I tried once and failed...

#evu

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:58 am

I would ask snarffy this questions, i don't have much experience in the tl7 engi area. But i'm sure with the lack of healing, it makes soloing something big pretty hard.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 am

Well you can actually BR your slayer. And there's a load of healing perks. But honestly I got no idea what a TL 7 engie can solo in SL.
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:42 am

Alien city generals -> Easy
Obedient enforcer I did in the past and I killed him. Don't remember how hard it was. Should be ok if you keep aggro on your bot and chain heal

Arctictiger
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Arctictiger » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 am

Zirkonium wrote:Alien city generals -> Easy
Obedient enforcer I did in the past and I killed him. Don't remember how hard it was. Should be ok if you keep aggro on your bot and chain heal
Same goes for several prisoners in Milky Way (indeed you need to keep agg on Chicken and chain heal)

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 am

flyingengi wrote:I would ask snarffy this questions, i don't have much experience in the tl7 engi area.
...meeeeep: Don't ask the self proclaimed gimp such stuff... his head might explode ;)

:P
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

zendadaist
Hardened
Hardened

Post by zendadaist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:30 am

Soloing in places such as Inferno is tricky if you're not accustomed to precision bot micromanagement, the fine art of pulling exact mobs and the even finer art of avoiding others' trains. On RK come TL7 unless you've just run into a stack of 30 GUPHs ( :oops: ) there's little that should faze you. AI ground raids and the gens can be soloed easily, even the high HP/hard hitters if you can juggle agg effectively.

Out in SL though, well, please bear in mind that engis aren't really an endgame soloing profession, sad to say. They can do it more or less, it just takes a lot of work and practise. Don't expect to solo Zods any time soon and expect a bad inf dyna pull to leave you standing around the garden going 'wtf?'. If you're looking for an easy end-game soloer, roll an Advy :wink:

It comes down to how well you can 'tank' damage by juggling aggro between yourself and your two pets. Healing is limited, even with the heal perks, trimmer(s) and nanos. It's important to be able to take a bot out of a fight and let it's own HD regen it now and then, and to be able to shift the agg off of it to yourself and the other pet. If you've gone for a high HP route, you can let the mob(s) whittle away at you for a while until your bot is back up to scratch on the HP front. Blind aura + maxed evades even for an engi can also help out, both with shifting the agg to you and to reduce the incoming damage. Whilst you can BR the bots, it's best saved as an absolute emergency. If you keep backup shells you can toss out in an instant, then spam the critical buffs, then in a particularly hard fight (say vs an inf dyna) you'd want to hold back the BR for when you yourself will end up tanking for a bit for bot recovery/buffing a new bot.

Usually the Slayer would be the tank (and trimming tricks on the dog can help keep it that way) but the higher the SL slayer, the lower its HP - it's important to keep this in mind. Going full def and switching to a more defense-oriented gear layout can really help as well, both in terms of not drawing agg into yourself unless you really want to - agg management is the key here - and with keeping yourself alive.

At least the new zombiedog has more HP than the old one which means it can tank a little (and with the amount of taunt it generates, even untrimmed it'll grab agg off your slayer/chicken more than you'd like).
Ophiuchus 220 Engi ::: Nahuatl 150 Advy
Transcendence
Spidershiva 165 NT ::: Silentmotion 150 Enfo
The Union
And an army of innocuous-looking froob twinks...

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 am

I just have a small addition here: If you're considering endgame soloing in Inferno, engineer is definetly not the optimal class for it - But it really all comes down to micromanagement. You have to keep yourself busy with casting and recasting and always always keep an eye out for some AMS-kiting soldier or mongo-kiting enfo.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Suusrmursu
Skilled
Skilled

Re: What can TL7 Engi's solo?

Post by Suusrmursu » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 am

My engineer is certainly not a soloing engy, but I've soloed at least 250 inferno heckler bosses fairly comfortably, obediency enforcer and juggernaut as well. I know at least Jarrulevy has done a fair amount of soloing on his engineer but in general it's a bit akin to climbing up a tree with your rear end first, you can get there but if you are the soloing type I'd strongly suggest choosing another class for that.
Kermaperuna 220/25 Solitus Engineer
President of Paragon

Reken
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Reken » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 am

2 soljas and a green MP.

(Arise, arise...!)
Reken - Kitesfear - Falsemetal

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 pm

This thread is almost a year old. I'm in a bad mood. Do the math.

/Click
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link