Amateur

Weapon Upgrade Kits

Post by gonzales » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:33 am

Recently I visit a tradeskill website and read about this RK Weapon Upgrade
First part
Second part
Third part
Final part

Most of the weapons used are mission rollable or can be buy from shops.
If the upgrade is done according to what it mentioned, the final version (NODROP) have a high min damage, and low attack/recharge time. And also, it stripped off the unneccessary weapon skills like melee energy or range energy.

Have anyone tried these weapons before? And how good are they?

I personally don't think they can compare with the famous weapons from dungeons/dynaboss, but still they are cool replacement if you are unable to farm uber stuff for some reason.

Another drawback for these is they seems to have low cap on AR, which means, you need to change higher QL frequently.

For me, I just interested to know whether I can get a couple of these to try out.

Tradeskiller, please standby in Borealis. :lol:
Achemedes Atlantean Opifex Fixer (clan)
Mitutoyo Atlantean Opifex Trader (clan)

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 am

As I understand it they're about 70% as effective as their Alien Invasion counterpards. The reason they exist is to give more weapon options to those we only took the 5$ / month SL only upgrade. So who don't have the AI expansion. Basicly, for some professions the available rk and sl weapons don't perform very well agains high ac mobs, thats why FC made an rk counterpart for AI weapons.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:42 am

As far as I know now, getting new alien weapons for leveling toon is much more expansive than these upgrades.
Froobs may have some nice stuff for some of the "less-fortunate" professions. :P

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 am

The requirements for them are just too high on the final versions....when you get your skills up to equip the final version, you'd have enough skills to put on a higher QL of other great weapons which will be more effective. The only thing I see those guns for (by the way, called 000 upgrades by most) is the fact they have very high min damage which is goon against high AC mobs....however majority of those are in shadowlands so the 000 upgrade weapons are simply useless to froobs given how much weapon skills it takes to equip one.

There is a very detailed post about them where someone did some testing of them....it's somewhere on here...but IIRC, only one weapon was said to be ok to use. I'll give it a quick search and link to it if I find it...

EDIT: A what do you know, very easy to find...it's in the bookmarks list in the first sticky in the knowledge Database forum...found it in 30 seconds...lol

Here's link anyway though 000 Upgrade Weapons

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:58 am

O my, this has been discussed before. :oops:

Thx for the info BigMx.