Robotic Self-Preservation System

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:52 pm

I did it just yesterday - It took me about 30 minutes or so of killing backyard leets to get a QL 1 Enriched Notum Nugget - one trip to the weapon shop for a sledgehammer later and I had the chip.

I'll admit that I cheated on the robotic self-preservation system. I wanted it quickly, so I logged one of my expansion toons and GMSed it, out of curiosity - found one in a shop at easy walking distance from Galway Castle for only 1000 creds.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Pangloss
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Pangloss » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Couldn't find enough bots outside Newland so I went back to Wartorn and found one on my 3rd kill. Unfortunately I didn't check my Notum Fragment first and ended up with a device whose QL is too low to merge with it, so I had to hammer a Notum Nugget. Then I realized I actually have the upgraded starter pistol which doesn't work with this. Ugh.

At least I can make another starter pistol, but this has certainly been annoying. No wonder "Martial Artist" is the near unanimous recommendation for a first character.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:44 pm

yep, you have to be very careful on the preserv QL. Since the tradeskill stuff lvl are too low, the actual tolerance between these parts cannot be more than 1 QL. I got all of them within QL11-12 (based on QL 12 notum chip I got). Then I build the engy pistol on self buffed at lvl 15.

Don't throw away the brain tho cos it can be build into a Mechanical Analyzer which is for the pistol upgrade. I build that too at the same time. :)
Achemedes Atlantean Opifex Fixer (clan)
Mitutoyo Atlantean Opifex Trader (clan)

TigerDragon
Skilled
Skilled

Post by TigerDragon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm

The notum chip just has to be lower ql. A quality level 1 notum chip will always work. Just thought it should be thrown out there to prevent confusion for others looking to make this item.
Clan on RK2:
Redbeacon - beacon warp / tradeskill engineer (not able to cast beacon warp yet... working on it)
Redrosethorn - Piercing Doc (Level locked at 59 to help at totw)
Neutral on RK2:
Redmedivac - Fixer (will go clan after team fgrid quest is finished.) current main.
Redvestments - Pistol Trader

Futurity
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Robotic Self-Preservation System

Post by Futurity » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:45 pm

If you have the patience to camp shop terminals you can start the build from scratch with an Irrepairable River MV.

Also, hang onto two Technoscavenger Brains to turn into Mechanical Analysers, the first is consumed in the second upgrade of the pistol (solar powered tinker pistol?).
I hear voices... and they don't like you...

Dako-ta
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Dako-ta » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 am

I also usually tuck these away when I come across them, mostly just to help out others; when you need one, they usually won't drop for you, of course. :lol:

It might be worth pointing out that around ql 100, the self preservation systems become NODROP (Technoscavenger Brains are always NODROP). One new engineer I helped out with a SPS told me that when he posted in shopping channels to try to find one, some high-level player loftily told him he was wasting his time, since SPS's were NODROP. Um, well, no, only the higher-ql ones. :P
Regards,

Dako-ta

Ginnie, level 200 Nanomage Engineer
Astericka, GA4 Fixer, level 199
Aethericka, level 174 Meta-Physicist
Evonlea, level 174 Trader
Pimpernel, level 170 Agent
Robinjo, 1HE level 138 Adventurer
Tominkai, level 127 Soldier
Bashbashkill, 2HB Enforcer, level 100
Filene, level 100 'Crat
Rogier, non-GA Fixer, level 100
Gearjammer, level 100 Opifex Engineer
Aetherielle, level 100 MP
chars 60 & under too numerous to list :D-

Xebulba
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xebulba » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 am

Try looking at "the trash heap in Newland". From Newland's W gate head NW until you get to a crashed ship. look for Buckethead tech-scavengers.

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:19 am

just a quick handy bit of info:

Notum fragments and notum chips now drop on newb isle from the various boss mobs with a fairly good droprate (about 20% or so, as a rough guess)
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

Xebulba
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xebulba » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm

jato wrote:just a quick handy bit of info:

Notum fragments and notum chips now drop on newb isle from the various boss mobs with a fairly good droprate (about 20% or so, as a rough guess)
Yes they do indeed :) I've found most of them drop from the named beach boss mobs.

vieux
Fresh
Fresh

Post by vieux » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:50 am

New starting area's first mob drop QL1 of this item. not test it yet on if it can be used for this.

hog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hog » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:18 am

Yeah this item drops a lot these days. A lot more than when this topic was started. :roll: