lvl 60 pvp engi

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:31 pm

If you have AI theres a second option to free your pets, with the 3 element-based trimmers from AI. (use low ql or you'll kill your own pet :p)

There's some rumor about a 3th option to free your pet, but I don't know that one. And noone is telling so i guess its either an exploit or a lie for bragging rights.

Most of the time the trader doesn't know whats happening and after his first mezz he doesn't remezz. Especially with the ai trimmers as a second mezz remover.

Back on topic: why wont styg or scythe work? I guess i can get a relatively good AR with those...

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:56 am

You are totaly out of point and forcing your own ideas which most of skilled players will tell you that they do not work. Its no a problem to root lvl 70 bot if you are lvl 74 agent... ffs if you're doing it for BS go to lvl 74 and twink there. Thats a BS twink + you'll get a bit higher bot and more evades, better buffs, etc. Soft pepper for +14? 101 gives you +18 which is 4 more, + u can get some filgree ring for additional +4 or +5. On other hand I can totally understand you but I can tell you that frooby pet profs in BS just die. Indeed if you go towers, bot will rape towers in no time, but in BS when you get focus, your pets get rooted, etc. IMO both of people you dueled were stupid for hiting your bot first - i'd run around and hit you if you werent concealed. Since you cant heal yourself faster than i hit you and your bot is probably not faster than some player you'd go bye bye :D

I can tell you from experience of my lvl 60 MP. He has lvl 93 pet, healor, mezzor with me running around like mad (until guys root or mezz my pets), with healor on me, mezzor and attackor on player with my frosty hiting player as well. If I am against non-enfo, non-root profs (docs, etc) I mostly win, but when I come against enfo or someone that knows how to root my pets sit on spot (when i'm out of range even healor doesnt heal) so I am a dick with 480AR and frosty and 2.6kHP with 2.8kACs against enfo who has 900AR, some sloob weap or panther, 6kHP and ermm lets say 3kACs. Now where exactly do i have advantage now? :P Not to mention as melee I cant even get CLOSE to agent or some other root-mezz prof so go figure.

I like flyingengi suggestion since that -AAO on opponent will give you better advantage of evading something, but I still think your bot is waaay slower than any BS twink (where most of them go around with max runspeed + implanted wherever they can.)

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:50 am

I just want to understand why something wont work. Your lvl 60 mp story gives a good idea about how the situation would be. I might reconsider going on with the engi. Now see, you demotivated me :)

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 am

I could demotivate you more if I told you about other twinks that are in tl3 BS and what they can make happen to a lvl60 froob engi :P
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Atilise
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Atilise » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Any twink can be effective if its done right :)

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:03 am

I'll give you another tower-war example. Had lvl 35 agent and pvped against lvl 40 engy with lvl 70 or 90 bot. I couldnt keel engy since he was concealed (smart), and I was constantly running out of range and keeled all towers far away from CT (since his bot got out of range and I couldnt root it since it was much higher than meh :P) So when we came to keel towers around CT I was running around (GSF on of course), and keeling tower after tower. It ended me quiting when GSF ran out since I couldnt overrun the bot far enough to get enough time to shoot tower meanwhile.

So take a lesson from this also, but I have many stories like that, where bots were indeed much higher than meh but still couldnt keel me since they are waaay slow as they cant get gsf. And for another story if you think mp's 3 pets make advantage. In bs there is agent using area snare (not to mention soultrader using calms), now imagine healor on me, attackor and mezzor following he uses area snare on my pet (poor NR) and bang we are all standing on place for like 3 hours. The pet unsnare-unroot is lvl 75 locked and if I manage to use enough free movements to unsnare myself he just roots me again - simple as that. If no1 comes i can just /afk die :P And the horrible thing after that: I must recast all pets while in contamination since snares from pets arent removed - which takes quite some time to recast all 3 (not to mention i swap robes etc.), and rebuff them

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 am

Agentcrt wrote:And the horrible thing after that: I must recast all pets while in contamination since snares from pets arent removed - which takes quite some time to recast all 3 (not to mention i swap robes etc.), and rebuff them
Think that's bad? You should have to recast the SL pets with 30sec cast time and using half your nano.

And the engi story you showed was ob'd tower wars, nothing like BS where your bot must be self buffed. If you can cast a lvl100ish bot self at 60, good luck :P

Oh, and a chirop/panther enfo can kill a lvl130 engi warbot...me and a guy tried it once when we where bored.
Facebook

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:24 am

Agentcrt wrote:
So take a lesson from this also, but I have many stories like that, where bots were indeed much higher than meh but still couldnt keel me since they are waaay slow as they cant get gsf.
if Engies get GSF BEFORE they cast their bot will their bot have fast runspeed? I thought I read somewhere that bots inherit the master's runspeed at time of casting.

Also my orgmate MECHANAUT fought with the trader WRONGLE, the story I hear was that both had GSF and were chasing each other in large circles in the Tower field outside of TOTW. The bot was keeping up with the trader.

(For those that wanted to know the outcome...Mechanaut's bot got Wrongle down to below 25% hp, but the engy made a fatal mistake when he cut a circle too tight allowing wrongle to catch up within range...and Wrongle hit the nanomage engy with a killing KIZZER. Endgame.)
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:41 am

WorldTrader wrote: if Engies get GSF BEFORE they cast their bot will their bot have fast runspeed? I thought I read somewhere that bots inherit the master's runspeed at time of casting.
This is what I've heard in recent years. Long ago people just said bot had something like 15% more RS than you did. I have no idea how people figured out that old stat. Must've been some bored people running and timing their pets. I'm about to roll a new froob Engi and MP so I'll hope to figure this out myself
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 am

Found a 125 sapphistic bow :)
I'll stick with AS for now...

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:21 am

For who wants to know:

In the end I made a Totw twink engi with a stygian. The fr00b engi AS setup just doesnt work. No pvp for this toon anymore.

But I must say he's pretty good. I often OD teams on my own etc, so a very nice support toon to equip new toons with the needed totw phatz.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:48 am

And if you want to know...i took my own advice and made an evade engi ^^. Altho he is paid, at lvl31(not much difference at all from froob) i kicked butt in pvp. And now he is lvl100 for foremans and can probably still kick some butt in pvp with his slayer.
Facebook