lvl 60 pvp engi

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

lvl 60 pvp engi

Post by Zirkonium » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:13 am

I know, engis shouldn't pvp at level 60. But ...

I made a lvl 60 trox fr00b engi, who wants to pvp. The idea is off course to get out the highest bot possible. Next to that i want to have a weapon. I've been really cheap on IP-spending so i have some room for 2 weapon skills (next to gumboils). I first wanted to use bow + AS for Sapphistic, but i can't seem to roll a decent one+my current pow bow has very week AS'es and i don't think that will change very much with a sap bow. So I'm thinking about changing to another weapon. So in this regard a few questions:

- which way to go at level 60. Stygian? Snakemaster? CDR? maybe MA? something else?
- will i be able to hit anything. I used to pvp at 220 with an engi back then i could only hit most professions with AS. Is this different at 60?
- AS seems kinda week at level 60. Recycle is very long on about every weapon and the multiplier seems kinda low. Is AS viable at this level?

drto
Flagged
Flagged

Post by drto » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 am

it will be very hard to pvp with 60 froob engi, most other proff twinks will own you easily (all prof that can calm/snare/root/deinit)

for a weapon zastaba is good alternative fast AS recharge

but i would prefer some weapons with higher dmg like k-91 + cdr with TIM scope for init
AO fanatic, like those in IS ;)

Toons:
Piskotkas Heaven (19) + CGS (1) + (2) orgless
"MMORPG = Many Men On Role Playing Girls" - some guy at ado hecks (probably Vabla)

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 am

Max conceal and let bot do the job :D

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:50 am

Agentcrt wrote:Max conceal and let bot do the job :D
As a trader I would AREA ROOT which snaps the engy out of conceal ^^
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

drto
Flagged
Flagged

Post by drto » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:27 am

as a trader you will calm bot and he is done :), there is no way for engi to break a calm on his pet
on other hand with my 60 crat should charm his pet :) one pet is never enough ^^

Toons:
"MMORPG = Many Men On Role Playing Girls" - some guy at ado hecks (probably Vabla)

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 am

drto wrote:there is no way for engi to break a calm on his pet
clicky!
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 am

My first impressions on lvl 60 fr00b trox engi pvp:

I had a few duels in borealis. Since I want to make this toon for bs I selfed everything on purpose. My nanoskills are around 380-390 selfed with +6 from rings, +6 from omni starter armor, +15 from nelebs, +10 from the CoH quest item, +20 expertises. I dont have a buffing gun for obvious reasons, namely my pow bow. So with this i can cast a Perfected Gladiatorbot or something like that. This is a lvl 70-80 pet. I have bow and AS triple imped. (so i loose one mc slot which i try to cover with the CoH quest item.

My first fight was against a ga fixer. Duel starts and my bot gets a few hits through, and i place my first AS which is around 200 damage. Then suddenly, the bot stops hitting (AR too low?) and the fixer starts attacking me directly. So with this slooooow bow and bad initiatives, my normal hits take ages, and I only landed 1 blow while he keeps eating at my health very slowly. So I died after some time.
Conclusion: I think at the start my bot was doing pretty well, the fixer was loosing health steadily, but suddenly he stopped hitting so i guess the fixer started using some sort of evade perk or went defense? Me with my pow bow was just useless. The AS and the one hit were pathetic.

Second fight was against a keeper with Longsword of the Illuminated. First he attacks my bot. Bot is hitting him for around 81 damage/hit, while the keeper is hitting my bot for around 400-500 a hit. In the mean time I AS him for like 100 damage and then start the sloooow ritual of misses and some hits for crappy damage. So once my bot goes down, he comes after me. He's hitting me for around 500-600 a hit which hurts a lot. Well I must say I gave up at this time thinking it would be over fast, but afterwards I had the impression I still survived quiet a long time. But then again, after I died he was full health.

So what now? I think if i can increase my own damage, I can do a lot of damage while my oponent concentrates on my bot. Maybe equipping a 275ql scope can help the AS part, but the way it looks now... I don't think it will help a lot. I was pretty happy equipping this bow, and while I was certain I wouldn't be owning anyone yet, I didn't imagine it being this crappy. 127 implants were pretty easy to get in and while i know 150 should be possible, i'm not really certain if it's actually worth the effort. Ok it will be a bit more powerfull, but atm the difference in those duels was so big, it was a disaster. I need a big improvement to stand a chance, not just a few ql's in implants to tip the balance. Even if they hadn't done anything, it would have taken me minutes to kill them :p

So unless somebody has another impression about AS at level 60 and he thinks putting on the scope might tip the balance, i think i'll need something else. Maybe the pistol option as suggested. Anyone knows if i'll be able to hit anyone with this?

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:25 am

I personally recommend AGAINST Aimed Shot unless you are an Agent. Hitting once every 20-40 seconds isn't worth it.

Instead you need a GREATER Attack Rating or BIGGER BOT (that's hard to ignore) Focus on defense (conceal, runspeed, evades, sheilds, heals, all DEF, high AC) for your engy and focus on offense for your bot (trimmers, buffs)

If you can avoid and mitigate the damage away the bot can beat on the attacker while that attacker his trying to hit you. It works fairly effectively. There will be a point where the attacker can no longer ignore the bot and will HAVE to fight it or die.

There's a decent Engy PVPer in my org, MECHANAUT (level 50ish)...who likes to go out to Tower Fields and lend a hand to neutrals. He's nanomage and does what I describe....gears up to create the biggest bot possible and then concentrates on evades and runspeed to avoid the enemy while the bot inflicts MAJOR damage.

-----

Another thought would be to forgo traditional weapons and concentrate on the Kizzermole Gumboil. It is a special weapon that is able to inflict about 300-900 pvp chemical dmg and is NOT affected by defender's AC. Its great for delivering killing blows.
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:27 am

At level 60, as an engi you WILL have hard time, let alone as a froob, atrox.. so heres my 2c's : you want to do well as a froob Engi, you need to max conceal, get rid of the AS bow or whatever you got going on there, equip buffing pistols (whether you like to hear it or not) hide&send the hihghest pet you can (at least level 100 pet) dont forget to cast it with highest Ar buff and against certain proffasion you want it on full deff (resist calms and roots). now if you really want to throw some damage, when target is low on hp throw in a gomboil and a root graft in case hes running to the next By.. oh and reroll NM.. (take a look at Accomplice's trader and doc to get a general idea what kida setup you are to aim..) gl.

Edit later: WT just beat me to it :) bout same posts tho~~

drto
Flagged
Flagged

Post by drto » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:57 am

nice Randomchance didnt know about this, but it locks skill for 6 minutes and recast calm takes 4s :)

Toons:

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 am

Maybe I wasn't clear on the fact that this is supposed to be a BS toon. So everything needs to be selfed.

Going nanomage and getting buffing pistols will give me about:
- 2 tickle from higher abilites
- 30 int/psy from shades = 6 mc/ts
- 30 int/psy from VTE = 6 mc/ts
- 20 int/psy from jess = 4 mc/ts
- 14 mc from pepper
----------------------------
= 18ts / 32 mc (something around this?)

But thats only the next bot in line. Wont give me a bot thats 20-30 levels higher.

So in my opinion, the added hp and the ability to do my own damage > having a bot thats one nano higher. In fact, both bots will suck on bs. Even when I'm able to conceal, the bot will never kill my oponent in time. So the only way of doing damage is by making my own damage higher.

Gumboil will be used. I have the ip to get this high enough.

But the main problem is my own weapon. Pistol isn't really an option because this has conflict with mc/ts in faded and bright slot. Therefor I went for bow+AS first because there arent any real conflicts. But this option really doesn't work. I'm not doing any damage to my enemy at all.

That's why I'm really considering an alternative with (don't laugh) stygian desolator. With some good implant twinking and legchopper gloves i might be able to get good enough ar to hit stuff. Taking into consideration that my bot will be adding some extra damage it might be quiet ok-ish.

I've seen docs and traders pvp-ing with a styg so obviously this has some value as a weapon. But maybe there are better choices for an engi at lvl 60.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:24 am

I like the grenade based gun on my low level engies. It has decent killing power. I've used it quite a number of times protecting low level towers.

I had a selfed bot and scored kills in conjunction with the grenade gun....the exact name of it escapes me atm...since i only bring him out for specific low level defense.

The great thing is like Shotguns opponents require DUCK in order to evade it...you may get away with lower AR if the opponent did not invest in DUCKing. (Since most invest in Evade/ClsC or Dodge)
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:14 am

OT Hurler?

might be possible at 60 but 75%oe

(Might be worth it)

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm

How about going full evades with parry sticks(or 1 stick and using a rifle for hotswap AS) and using your aoe blind(-370 AAO)? Not sure how well it will work but sure would give you a longer time to live.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:37 pm

drto wrote:nice Randomchance didnt know about this, but it locks skill for 6 minutes and recast calm takes 4s :)
Yes it locks for 5mins, but if you wait for 5 secs or so before using it they are already casting something else, and u get a good 10 sec of... "wtf i thought i mezzed that" hits in. :wink:
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations