Engineer Weapons

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Tue May 20, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't have 1.5k AR selfed. Only 1.4k :( Lost my towers and still need a few items for it. But I know I can do it. I can theoretically reach 1.6k selfed though :o But my org prez would kill me if I planted the towers needed for it...

And I don't crit for 4.5k (though I wish). More like 3.5k self buffed.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=50037 There. My setup for everyone who's wondering. Note that I'm lazy and the imps are still low, lacking faded AAO cluster, Dchest, 2nd GOC, fly catcher's, pvp board for 10 more AR, ultra high QL rhinoman pants, butcher gloves, bloodshed (that I'm still debating on), better sleeves.

Oh and if you roll a froob engie... Roll an opi. Wish I had right now :S That's the only breed THEORETICALLY able to get enhanced molybdenum on a froob.

P.S. Necro FTW
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Tue May 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Fantastic setup for a Froob Engi, and highly unique having used MA to get to level 200.

And you used MA the entire time while leveling 1-200 or did you stray a bit for items such as buff Pistols until you could raise MA later on?
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Wed May 21, 2008 4:48 am

I was pure pistol all the way to 200. Had MEP+POP on and all the gear for it (aimed at fire damage and AAO). Then did a full IPR when it came out to scrap some useless skills I had and still went pistol. After I got tired of pistols I reset em in favor of MA.

Not sure how leveling while using MA would work as without the slayerdroid transference you don't get the "good" MA template that has almost up to 1k more damage per hit.

MA has it's dowfalls of course. You can't shot from outside of nuke range on the bigger raids (hags, domes, ian war, IS) and if the aggro swiches from your bot you'll get hit right away since the mob doesn't have to run to you first. But as long as I have a healer to heal me it's damage, damage, damage. I even do dreads (big bad RK bosses aimed at players with all expansions etc) or AI raids with my org sometimes when I feel like proving that froobs aren't useless. Got a 3.9k crit on one of them in my !logon.

Yulai
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Yulai » Thu May 22, 2008 8:23 am

Vabla wrote:Oh and if you roll a froob engie... Roll an opi. Wish I had right now :S That's the only breed THEORETICALLY able to get enhanced molybdenum on a froob.
Are you probably willing to share your setup as of which it is THEORETICALLY possibly to get enhaned mplybdenum on a froob opifex?
Because so far i dont see any way to get it on ANY froob breed.
Would be interesting to see your calculation.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu May 22, 2008 9:34 am

I've put this together, with buffs (BeHe, IC, FG, boosts, Extruder bar) you will need +330 to STA and +167 to AGL. With the setup you still lack +29 STA and +58 AGL; I dunno how far Org Advantages get you, but most probably not that far (+20 maybe?) Also, this setup kinda defies the original purpose, as you want to use new armor and that can't be hotswapped, besides containing items you will need to do massive camping/killing for (ignoring the Tara Sinew, which is a story on it's own). But then I may have missed something, no idea :D

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 am

joo forgot halloween phats and miy can go higher than 220.... still extremly far off
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Yulai
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Yulai » Thu May 22, 2008 10:22 am

Sferykal wrote:I've put this together, with buffs (BeHe, IC, FG, boosts, Extruder bar) you will need +330 to STA and +167 to AGL. With the setup you still lack +29 STA and +58 AGL; I dunno how far Org Advantages get you, but most probably not that far (+20 maybe?) Also, this setup kinda defies the original purpose, as you want to use new armor and that can't be hotswapped, besides containing items you will need to do massive camping/killing for (ignoring the Tara Sinew, which is a story on it's own). But then I may have missed something, no idea :D
Mhm, pretty much the same like the one i used.
All in all, with equip + buffs (BeHe, IC, FG, boosts, Extruder bar) i ended up with:
+386 Stamina - +20 from QL 300 Advantage = 406 (for example Solitus Breed Cap = 480 so 480+406=884 < reached
+ 180 Agility - + 20 From Ql 300 Advantage = 200 (for example Solitus Breed Cap = 480 so 480+200=580 < failed
Even opifex lacks a few points agility - hmm probably reachable with higher lya patches and imps. Still, as armor can´t be hotswapped..

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 am

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=101680
Behe, IC, FG, Boosts
QL 250 Universal Advantage - Heart Pump Boost
QL 250 Universal Advantage - Muscular Elasticity
Extruder

This general setup is for getting the HELMET on. Some items can be replaced with profession specific ones for more stats and thus other armor pieces.

EDIT: Note that the buffing imps and items aren't the highest QL you could get in/on so there's room for more. All depends on how far you're willing to push it.

coolcuter3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by coolcuter3 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 pm

i ues a sub and a shotgun so far and my melee lil droid
:D
GarthVader the guy ya'll will love to hate :]

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:06 am

coolcuter3 wrote:i ues a sub and a shotgun so far and my melee lil droid
:D
Where are the mods? I find his lack of even trying to spell properly offensive.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Since we talk about engie's weapon, how's the AR with combi of Engy's pistol and Eyemutant lazer?

Initially I thought I can drawn aggro and evade every hits, and let my bot do additional damage. But more often I lost aggro (unless bot is green to me), so whats the balance over here?

I only interested in pistols. Maybe can consider heavy weapon at end game. Are ppl doing IP reset to change weapon at end game?
Achemedes Atlantean Opifex Fixer (clan)
Mitutoyo Atlantean Opifex Trader (clan)

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:15 pm

gonzales wrote:Since we talk about engie's weapon, how's the AR with combi of Engy's pistol and Eyemutant lazer?

Initially I thought I can drawn aggro and evade every hits, and let my bot do additional damage. But more often I lost aggro (unless bot is green to me), so whats the balance over here?

I only interested in pistols. Maybe can consider heavy weapon at end game. Are ppl doing IP reset to change weapon at end game?
Your right and left hand weapons have their own separate AR.

At low levels your bot will and should be holding aggro.

MEP+POP combo is the froob TL6 cookiecutter engie setup and it does good for most things.
Don't think there are any decent heavy weapons (not to mention lack of buffs) unless you mean grenades which suffer from min damage problems end game unless you twink on a high QL upgrade gun.

Most people do a full IP reset end game anyway to get IP from things like nano pool, swimming etc and spend it where they need it more.

gonzales
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gonzales » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Vabla wrote: Your right and left hand weapons have their own separate AR.

At low levels your bot will and should be holding aggro.

MEP+POP combo is the froob TL6 cookiecutter engie setup and it does good for most things.
Don't think there are any decent heavy weapons (not to mention lack of buffs) unless you mean grenades which suffer from min damage problems end game unless you twink on a high QL upgrade gun.

Most people do a full IP reset end game anyway to get IP from things like nano pool, swimming etc and spend it where they need it more.
Is the AR numbers in the STAT = AR(L) + AR(R) for dual wield weapons?

I guess the MEP is the Engy pistol, but what is POP? :oops:

Do you use all the bot repair nanos?
Achemedes Atlantean Opifex Fixer (clan)
Mitutoyo Atlantean Opifex Trader (clan)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 pm

The displayed AR in your stat window is the AR from your right hand weapon (unless you only use a left hand weapon, then it's left).

PoP is the Pain of Patricia. It drops from Patricia Johnson.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 pm

So far, the only way to figure out your off-hand AR (If it's a different weapon type than the mainhand) is to do it manually... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Just take the weapon skill of your offhand weapon and add up all the +AllOff mods you have running... Can be nasty in big teams with lots of buffs and auras, but like I said - Only way, really.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link