[Twinkage] lv 60 self cast Beacon + High lvl Bot

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 am

MrCoffee wrote:Well, I did it. I can pull out a Lesser Warmachine(lv 148 pet)! I dont think i've seen another lv 60 froob with a pet this high!
Ok, I'm right behind you with a Patchwork Warmachine. No VTEs.

So there are 9 pts to go, 6 from VTEs. If I did the biomech armor, I might dig out 1-2 pts from better imps, at least 1. You're nanomage, which probably means another 1 to my fex from starting differences. But apparently, you didn't use Miy's Nano and I did. So there are another 3-4 points kicking around. I wonder if a froob can get to Inferior Warmachine....ah those super rings you mentioned. Maybe when Halloween comes again.

This much effort isn't necessary, one of the eariler warbots had no problems with Azzy. And you're right, the engis I've met in ToTW don't have Warmachines. Plus you were right about the CoH warping, that has already paid for about 50% of this toons cost....and even when you tell them 3 times, some people just cannot push a button.

---

Hmm, just double checked...putting on VTEs isn't simple.
Adios, thanks for the fish

aboynemdsoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aboynemdsoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Ferengi wrote:The CoH warp isn't worth it, he can only warp to the wrong side of the door for most useful toons, since he's lvl 60.
why is being level 60 an issue? Can't you just team up outside, step into CoH, run to the inner door (the one that typically requires teamwork to open) and warp away? As long as the engie is right up against the inner door and facing it, the warpee will appear on the other side of the locked door. Any level 70-ish mobs between you and the locked door should be readily handled by your bot, eh?

Apphire
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Apphire » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:54 am

aboynemdsoo wrote:
Ferengi wrote:The CoH warp isn't worth it, he can only warp to the wrong side of the door for most useful toons, since he's lvl 60.
why is being level 60 an issue? Can't you just team up outside, step into CoH, run to the inner door (the one that typically requires teamwork to open) and warp away? As long as the engie is right up against the inner door and facing it, the warpee will appear on the other side of the locked door. Any level 70-ish mobs between you and the locked door should be readily handled by your bot, eh?
Is it guaranteed that the other toon will appear on the other side of the locked door, or is there just a chance it will work out like that?

sistasnipe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sistasnipe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:05 am

It worked for me both times that I tried it with my engineer

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 pm

I think I tried the door warp trick once, but it didn't work. After working CoH for awhile, I decided that I really wanted a lvl 110 engi for warps inside.

The best place a maxed out ToTW engi works is in Foremans, there are several ideal locations for a team to AFK.

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Ferengi wrote:I think I tried the door warp trick once, but it didn't work.
It works for me every time. I just did this yesterday, with no problems.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:39 am

hahnsoo wrote:
Ferengi wrote:I think I tried the door warp trick once, but it didn't work.
It works for me every time. I just did this yesterday, with no problems.
I've been doing warps on my lvl 60 engy at COH for years without knowing about this. I'm green with envy.

Not an exploit, I hope?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:18 am

Its only something you have been able to do in the last 6 months or so when it was stealth modded, the same time team beacon warp was fixed. It now drops the warpee in front of you instead of on top of you as it used to. So u can warp people through walls/into some textures no worries. I think it even works on yourself. :)
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:10 am

So.. If I find a locked mission room, and warp someone into it who dosent have a lockpick... they'd have to /term out or get warped by another engy?
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 am

MrCoffee wrote:So.. If I find a locked mission room, and warp someone into it who dosent have a lockpick... they'd have to /term out or get warped by another engy?
yes....not that i would ever do such a thing >.>
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by Ferengi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 am

(about Beacom Warping at a door)
Randomchance wrote:Its only something you have been able to do in the last 6 months or so when it was stealth modded, the same time team beacon warp was fixed. It now drops the warpee in front of you instead of on top of you as it used to. So u can warp people through walls/into some textures no worries. I think it even works on yourself. :)
Yes, it works fine now. Doesn't work to get thru a dungeon entrance door, but all internal doors and walls I've tried. Works nicely on me too, no more run around to press door buttons.