Focus-Funneling Devices

Boinky
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Boinky » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Messeka wrote:
Boinky wrote:When I first put together my set I had to camp for the Hate Program pretty much a week straight.
0 for 3 for me so far. How many pocket bosses did you get to assemble? :)
I've long ago run so short on space I can't loot most things like low PB patterns. I've likely left enough on corpses to put together enough patterns to choke the life out of your bank as well :wink:

:edit: you guys know the Hate Program only drops off the Sadistic Soul Dredge right

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Tacoleet wrote:lets just say on RK1 i was told that all 3 together was worth 120m at the LOWEST price
The lowest price that I've actually seen advertised on RK1 was 90m for the set of three. I got my set for much less than that, but it was piecemeal (I already had the Focus Funnelling Devices, and was able to get good deals on two spirits and the Love Spirit Training Program). The main cost is that huge chunk of change that was the Rancorous helper.

Oh, and I'd like to reiterate that Froobs can use them, but only if you are an Engi, Trader, or Fixer.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:15 am

The bits fall off named imps, you say. Can you be more explicit where to find these please?

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:43 am

Focus-Funneling devices are sold for 1mil on player shops and they're quite plentiful. I got mine for 100k. :)
I believe those imps reside in Elysium area. They are scattered around the place and are often camped (read: place seems empty but whenever the mob spawns there appears some lv200+ ninja that kills it with one blow) and I think some SL maps (player made ones) show the locations.
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

Boinky
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Boinky » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 am

The Imps that drop the Focus Funnelling Spirits are located in North & West Elysium, the ones that might drop the Love Program are in West & East Ely. The Soul Dredge that might once in 200 kills drop the Hate Program is in East & South Ely.

IHaveAHugeNick
Hardened
Hardened

Post by IHaveAHugeNick » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:23 am

Im trying to farm upgrades to focus funneling devices for two weeks now...er i WAS trying. By this time i could gather money for two sets just doing cru blitzing ...
Alcoydel 220 omni Engineer@RK1 .
stuff

when everything else fails, read the instructions :)

Tacoleet
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Tacoleet » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:03 am

I'd buy the premade devices but paying even 20m is like a huge kick in the goods for froobs. I have the base parts for the device (i just need to find someone who would go thru heck and back to get me some programs)
Eltaco238 - Secksyfex Adventurer TL7 - Lvl 220/22
Engytaco238 - Soli Engineer TL6 - Lvl 201/1
Mptaco238 - Metaphysicist Nanogimp TL 5 - Lvl 165/3
Nttaco238 - Nanopwn Nano-technician TL 4 - Lvl 110
Fixytaco238 - Secksyfex Fixer TL 3 - Lvl 100
Koopataco238 - Solitus Keeper TL3 - Lvl 89
Crattaco238 - Soli Crat TL 3 - Lvl 65/6
Rangytaco238 - Soli Trader TL 3 - Lvl 65
Huggyleet - Snuggleleet - Loveyleet - Kissyleet - Cuddleleet

Tokitokupe29
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Tokitokupe29 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:29 am

I can have a lot of focus funneling devices btw if someone want one =)
"Eat my foot" Tokitokupe MA on atlantean
"Aren't they cute ?"Metagueule MP on atlantean
"Fix Fix tous les noms sur la liste"FixMouette Fixer on atlantean

French member of the french guild ~~Athalantes~~

hog
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Focus-Funneling Devices

Post by hog » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:44 am

I have been trying to gather all parts for a set of three devices. The base devices should be easily obtained from CoH or from friends/trading. Then the parts from SL. Since I currently have an active SL-account I logged my highest level character, an agent who has the garden keys and kills any boss at this level in a couple of seconds. I found Shere Map with locations of all the named mobs. I started rotating between 3-4 different camps to time the 20 minute spawns: named Imps, Hiathlins, and the two Dredges.

A couple of hundred Imps later I had three Focus Funneling Spirits. At that point I had also found two Spirit Training Program (love).

Now focusing on the two Sadistic Soul Dredge. Like others have reported, they seem to be the real issue. After a few long gaming sessions I've found nothing and I'm afraid that I might delete the item once it finally drops. If it drops. To ease the pain I'm also killing named Souls (for NCU-upgrades: Problem Seeking/Avoiding/Solving Device) as well as the named Heartland Predators (for Predator Armor).

Right now I'm counting 4 complete sets of Predator Armor and 32 Problem X Devices. After assembling 100+ Complete Blueprints I've stopped looting Patterns. For some reason I've also gathered a set of shade spirits/tattoos, 9 Die Kleine Nadel (QL63-143), a couple of Elysian Protector's Cuirass, and Novictum that I keep deleting...

I haven't seen any other players at the locations for Imps or Hiathlins. I've seen a couple of players farming Souls on the island near South of Elysium but noone camping the Sadistic Soul Dredge there. Maybe because he is often hard to target and sometimes invisible. The only mob that other players seem to camp during weekends is the Sadistic Soul Dredge in East of Elysium. Perhaps they are also struggling to find the last piece?

I'll post an update if/when I've completed this mess.

hog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hog » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:27 am

Alright, the Sadistic Soul Dredge in East of Elysium finally decided to drop a Spirit Training Program (hate). Finally! =D>
This running/camping mobs for hours is really painful and I'm glad I won't have to do it again - for this item.
Now returning to the real world, Rubi-Ka that is. :wink:

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:34 am

Woo very nice, grats :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier