Endgame Equipment for Froob Engi?

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Endgame Equipment for Froob Engi?

Post by arcot » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:24 pm

I have been working towards this for a long time and now I'm getting extremely close to endgame on my engi.
my question is what equipment should I be shooting for in the neck back ect. I've thought about the weapons I want to go for but not much else, I'm a neut soli.
My current equipment consists of miy's nano armor pieces from 151-192 nelebs nano master robe, 2 bracers of pacifism, collar casero de la cripta, 2 rings of presence, enhanced pads of dedication, pads of the learned, a 6 slot belt and 5 ql 200 ncu's and 1 high ql morphing memory, range meter and I'm using some oet jess for the time being but plan to go after something better till I can get a parasitic hectaleech and later on Pain of Patricia. I also have a full set of ql 200 imps in.
my toon list
Thartiel lvl 168 and counting neut soli engineer
Mysticthar lvl 123 neut nanomage MP

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Endgame Equipment for Froob Engi?

Post by Rain » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Depends on how much effort you want to spend on your character and what you generally want to achieve with it.

Miy armor is awesome for any levelling char, but it is not exactly endgame equipment, unless you want a ql 300 set for the ACs.
Some specific parts should be quite handy for you, like Miy ranged sleeves to buff your pistol, or Miy Nano sleeves and helmet for a decent int-bonus.

A Reanimated Cloak (5/5) should be a pretty standard backarmor for lvl 195+.
Since you appear to be a pistol user, you could pick between Ranger, Summoner or Illusionist.

Lya trousers could be a nice addition if you are after additional pistolskills and evades.

The Azure breastplate is pretty handy for any caster.

Molybdenum armor and its smaller brothers proactive and reactive are really nice for anyone who likes to survive, due to their massive HP-boost.
As neut you may pick both the omni and clan version, which is an additional bonus. Clan version adds another small nano cost reducer, while omni add some more nanoskills.

The Profiteer's Helper is one of the better reasons to be neutral. That cl bonus is simply... tasty.
Alternatives would be the Smuggled boards. Both are useful, nothing stops you from hotswapping those depending on the situation.

If your goal for this engi is just to be an awesome tradeskiller, you might want to look into technical stuff, namely the Helmet, Breastplate and the Overall.
The three Focus helper for the Hud slots would go well with that, but interfere with the T.I.M scope / critscope of your choice.
Then again, you don't tradeskill that much during combat anyways.

As for Ncu - grab an NCU infuser for your Morphing memory ro create the Infused version. Up to ql 220 should be doable without too much trouble.
If you are into RK gear, grab some Mnemonic Fragments from the Inner sanctum and probably some rings, along with the Might of the Revenant.
If you got deeper pockets, aquire some Infused Yuttos.
Personally I usually pic the economy-way, level the Morphing Memory and grab three Yuttos for Deckslot 2, 3 and 4. Thats enough NCU for decent selfbuffs and allows using a CPU upgrade and a Nano formula recompiler.

As for guns, you wont be able to use the Turnspirit weapons, but the Master Engi pistol should be your bread and butter anyways.
Whatever weapon you pick for your offhand likely wont reach the damage of this baby.
The Patricia comes close thanks to decent burst and fling, but the slow speed forces you to go aggro quite a bit.
The economy choices would be your already mentioned Hecta from the Sanctum, an Original Elec or simply a leftover custom reet from Biomare.

I hope that gave you some ideas.
Good hunting.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Post by arcot » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Rain wrote:Depends on how much effort you want to spend on your character and what you generally want to achieve with it.

Miy armor is awesome for any levelling char, but it is not exactly endgame equipment, unless you want a ql 300 set for the ACs.
Some specific parts should be quite handy for you, like Miy ranged sleeves to buff your pistol, or Miy Nano sleeves and helmet for a decent int-bonus.

A Reanimated Cloak (5/5) should be a pretty standard backarmor for lvl 195+.
Since you appear to be a pistol user, you could pick between Ranger, Summoner or Illusionist.

Lya trousers could be a nice addition if you are after additional pistolskills and evades.

The Azure breastplate is pretty handy for any caster.

Molybdenum armor and its smaller brothers proactive and reactive are really nice for anyone who likes to survive, due to their massive HP-boost.
As neut you may pick both the omni and clan version, which is an additional bonus. Clan version adds another small nano cost reducer, while omni add some more nanoskills.

The Profiteer's Helper is one of the better reasons to be neutral. That cl bonus is simply... tasty.
Alternatives would be the Smuggled boards. Both are useful, nothing stops you from hotswapping those depending on the situation.

If your goal for this engi is just to be an awesome tradeskiller, you might want to look into technical stuff, namely the Helmet, Breastplate and the Overall.
The three Focus helper for the Hud slots would go well with that, but interfere with the T.I.M scope / critscope of your choice.
Then again, you don't tradeskill that much during combat anyways.

As for Ncu - grab an NCU infuser for your Morphing memory ro create the Infused version. Up to ql 220 should be doable without too much trouble.
If you are into RK gear, grab some Mnemonic Fragments from the Inner sanctum and probably some rings, along with the Might of the Revenant.
If you got deeper pockets, aquire some Infused Yuttos.
Personally I usually pic the economy-way, level the Morphing Memory and grab three Yuttos for Deckslot 2, 3 and 4. Thats enough NCU for decent selfbuffs and allows using a CPU upgrade and a Nano formula recompiler.

As for guns, you wont be able to use the Turnspirit weapons, but the Master Engi pistol should be your bread and butter anyways.
Whatever weapon you pick for your offhand likely wont reach the damage of this baby.
The Patricia comes close thanks to decent burst and fling, but the slow speed forces you to go aggro quite a bit.
The economy choices would be your already mentioned Hecta from the Sanctum, an Original Elec or simply a leftover custom reet from Biomare.

I hope that gave you some ideas.
Good hunting.
where do I start with such a huge list, I'll start with the TS items those all look promising thankfully I have a pair of the bioplast overalls that a friend gave me years ago so thats one less items to get there. after looking at the different reanimated cloaks I think I'll go for the summoner version and armor I think I'm going for Kegern Molybdenum Armor the smuggled combat board looks good for the neck slot too. the IS ncus look to be the best for me in that department the yuttos modified ncus are shop buyable now but they have an SL only requirement so those are out. The master engineer pistol is something I'm on the fence about I have one thats somewhat upgraded but after looking at the guide again the TS requirements to fully upgrade it look intimidating right now. I'm currently lvl 168.
my toon list

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Here are a few other items:

For my engy, my off-hand weapon is the Galahad Inc T70 Khan for the MC/TS/ME buffs. You get Full-Auto as well, but it's not a very big FA and the lockout is long. Main hand weapon is Master Engineer Pistol, of course.

My armor is Miy's Nano QL 200ish, except for sleeves, which are QL180ish for easy swapping with Construction Sleeves.

I have the full set of Focus-Funneling Helpers.

When tradeskilling, I swap between a 2/5 Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist with Dirty Bioplast Overall, as well as a Repairman's Hat that I swap with Lya Sangi Sunglasses. The cloak is 2/5 for easier swapping. I'm Solitus as well so I can't be swapping in a 5/5 Cloak.

And I have to swap my Miy's with Shapeshifter's Vest in order to cast my best short pet damage buff. I think it's Overdrive Aggression Subsystem. I don't think I can cast Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System.

The froobable Yuttos NCU are Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU.

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Post by arcot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:15 am

Llie wrote:Here are a few other items:

For my engy, my off-hand weapon is the Galahad Inc T70 Khan for the MC/TS/ME buffs. You get Full-Auto as well, but it's not a very big FA and the lockout is long. Main hand weapon is Master Engineer Pistol, of course.

My armor is Miy's Nano QL 200ish, except for sleeves, which are QL180ish for easy swapping with Construction Sleeves.

I have the full set of Focus-Funneling Helpers.

When tradeskilling, I swap between a 2/5 Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist with Dirty Bioplast Overall, as well as a Repairman's Hat that I swap with Lya Sangi Sunglasses. The cloak is 2/5 for easier swapping. I'm Solitus as well so I can't be swapping in a 5/5 Cloak.

And I have to swap my Miy's with Shapeshifter's Vest in order to cast my best short pet damage buff. I think it's Overdrive Aggression Subsystem. I don't think I can cast Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System.

The froobable Yuttos NCU are Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU.
I know the focus funneling device can be obtained from COH but the focus helpers are those tradeskilled or found, or bought from paid players? the spirit infused yuttos ncus are those obtainable through froob content or can you only get them from paid content?
my toon list

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 am

The TS devices are first found in SL, then tradeskilled into the final tools, as explained here.
The ancient circuit required to upgrade the now even on rk buyable yuttos ncu are Albtraum loot, a guide on how to build the Spirit Yuttos can be found here.

Both are excellent examples of expansion items that can (and should) be used by froobs.

PS: No need to quote a whole post unless you got annotations for every single line. Really.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Post by arcot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:47 am

Rain wrote:The TS devices are first found in SL, then tradeskilled into the final tools, as explained here.
The ancient circuit required to upgrade the now even on rk buyable yuttos ncu are Albtraum loot, a guide on how to build the Spirit Yuttos can be found here.

Both are excellent examples of expansion items that can (and should) be used by froobs.

PS: No need to quote a whole post unless you got annotations for every single line. Really.
so I can buy them from a paid player cool.
my toon list

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 pm

I have a level 200 Engy, Optiflex that's not finished yet, and I appreciate Rain's suggestions.

On armor, I'd suggest Azure pants, which have a nice tradeskill boost.
For feet, I'd suggest Boots of Azure Reveries for just about any Froob. They're best for Traders because of the Shotgun skill add. They are the ONLY Azure armor that's YES-Drop. Should be about 20 million to buy.

On cloaks, I'd recommend going for the one a person can equip. When my Soli Adventy was at level 150, he went for an Illusionist robe. It had the "best" stats for me -- but the 5/5 version is a big pain in the butt for a Froob to equip and keep out of OE. An Optiflex Engy can go for a Jesters Robe, and those big guerrilla Engy's can chose the robe that takes Stamina and Strength to equip. Soli's stats are even all around, so who knows what they should pick? The counter argument is that it doesn't matter if the robe is OE because only the AC's are reduced.

My Engy has a level 193 Freedom Arms 3927 Guerrilla on his off-hand. The advantage of that pistol is very low multi-range skill required and insanely high crit damage. Still, it isn't working out very good for me because its overall damage output is quite low -- about 30% of the final Engy pistol in the other hand. I'll probably switch to the Original Elect, that Hech from IS, or maybe one of those 000-series pistol since apparently now they can go over ql 200.--- Or even the Khan that Llie suggests. I only hesitate because of the high FA skill needed to equip and the low damage on regular hits.
Last edited by Bowgie on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm

arcot wrote:The master engineer pistol is something I'm on the fence about I have one thats somewhat upgraded but after looking at the guide again the TS requirements to fully upgrade it look intimidating right now. I'm currently lvl 168.
You can't equip the Master Engineer Pistol until level 190. The only hard thing about it is one particular part that comes from the Hollow Island raid. At level 190, an Engy should be able to handle the tradeskill process. That is pistol is about three times better than anything else one can equip, so yeah it's pretty much essential. Hell, it's even standard gear on my Adventy. If an Adventy can TS one, then an Engy certainly can!

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Post by arcot » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Bowgie wrote:
arcot wrote:The master engineer pistol is something I'm on the fence about I have one thats somewhat upgraded but after looking at the guide again the TS requirements to fully upgrade it look intimidating right now. I'm currently lvl 168.
You can't equip the Master Engineer Pistol until level 190. The only hard thing about it is one particular part that comes from the Hollow Island raid. At level 190, an Engy should be able to handle the tradeskill process. That is pistol is about three times better than anything else one can equip, so yeah it's pretty much essential. Hell, it's even standard gear on my Adventy. If an Adventy can TS one, then an Engy certainly can!
I actually managed to upgrade mine from where I had it (solar powered mender pistol) to the machinist pistol the only thing i need to be able to upgrade it again is a mist filled jar and higher trade skills which i can buff with my trader and imps.
my toon list

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:07 pm

arcot wrote:I actually managed to upgrade mine from where I had it (solar powered mender pistol) to the machinist pistol the only thing i need to be able to upgrade it again is a mist filled jar and higher trade skills which i can buff with my trader and imps.
Sounds like you have two upgrades left to go. As you say, the next upgrade requires a Mist Filled Jar (I think it has to be level 90 or higher). Unfortunately, that darn jar is a very scarce mission chest item, and is ridiculously expensive to buy in gms.

The last upgrade is the only one that is level-locked, and it requires a worm brain from the Hollow Island raid. Hope you get the parts because I'm sure you'll be able to handle the tradeskills to make the pistol.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Bowgie wrote: Sounds like you have two upgrades left to go. As you say, the next upgrade requires a Mist Filled Jar (I think it has to be level 90 or higher). Unfortunately, that darn jar is a very scarce mission chest item, and is ridiculously expensive to buy in gms.

The last upgrade is the only one that is level-locked, and it requires a worm brain from the Hollow Island raid. Hope you get the parts because I'm sure you'll be able to handle the tradeskills to make the pistol.
Correct QL 90+ Mist-Filled Jar. I found a couple while I was grinding missions for my 1K tokenboard (something that Neutrals don't do) before the invention Daily Missions.

The Crystalized Medusa Queen Hippocampus, by contrast drops with significant reliability from HI raids. The difficulty is just whipping up an HI raid.

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:05 am

Make a page for your engi at Auno's equipment config and post a link to the build.

Mist filled jar is pretty rare, good luck on that one.