Engr tradeskill buffs require SL?

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Engr tradeskill buffs require SL?

Post by Riny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Is this correct? How do froob tradeskilling engrs deal with this if so? Does that mean Trader prof is the only viable one (for self buffers)?
Riny

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Engr tradeskill buffs require SL?

Post by Llie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 am

This is correct. (Supposed to change with rebalance -- whenever that happens.)

Speaking solely from a froob perspective:

If you must be a "I will tradeskill it myself" tradeskiller, then having an engineer gives the possibility of a higher base tradeskills while not completely gimping yourself; whereas you can self buff as a trader, but you will likely be unable to do anything else.

What I have done is created an Engineer for ME/WS/EE/QFT/Chemistry tradeskilling and a Trader for Pharma/Psychology tradeskilling on separate accounts so that my Trader can buff my Engineer. Oh, actually, I have a Fixer on a third account for B&E. My engineer's tradeskills are near 1K, so in general I can manage to build most items with a little buff item swapping (or even imp swapping). On occasion, I'll dual-log my trader for TS buffs.

If one has SL, then the options open up, as you can self buff as an engineer, there is much better gear that you can easily swap in to buff tradeskills.

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Engr tradeskill buffs require SL?

Post by Riny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 am

Yea, i like that set up. I already have a trader on another acct, so this looks attractive for my froobs. Thank you for providing a nice roadmap for me to try out and confirming my SL suspicions.
Riny