TL4-5 Enforcer Setup

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

TL4-5 Enforcer Setup

Post by Leetgrid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 am

I began resurrecting some of my forgotten toons on my accounts and I began working on my lvl 129 Enforcer. He currently wields a Hungry Howlet which does decent damage against most of the mobs I fight. However, I feel like the howlet is becoming such a boring and dull weapon after 60 or so levels that ive been considering changing into 1he or 2he. I basically have all the endgame enfo weapons due to powerful friends and acquiring new equiptment will not be a problem (Except RBP and Igocs). I was wondering which weapon is the most fun to play. Maybe its just the look of the howlet but it just really seems dull going around whacking mobs with a stick. I am considering using my Full IPR because of the incoming re-balance patch. So out of personal experience, which weapon - setup was the most fun to play? I dont really mind performance as long as its not rediculous like dualing concrete cushions or smth.
Last edited by Leetgrid on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jealous
Staypuft

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: TL4-5 Enforcer Setup

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:30 am

"Fun" is subjective, y'know.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Leetgrid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 am

hmm. true.
Well fun for me was when I used a support beam in the subway and it wasn't actually that bad.
It did the job, wasn't too OP, looked interesting, unique.
I just dont like playing with generic cookie cutter setups that every froob enfo has like chirops + gelid.
I know they use it because its one of the best possible. I dont care about being the most effective as long as its unique and is different from your average froob enf setup.
thank you for the very very fast reply :D
Jealous
Staypuft

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 am

Chesterfield Dining Chair seems fun, but a but underpowered I guess...
Nano-Charged Stun Glove's is something I've been wanting to try out myself, because they look cool :). Other cool options could be piercing (e.g. Improved Tango Dirks) or Martial Arts.

Other interesting weapons might be The Edge of the Tarasque and The Argument...
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Leetgrid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 am

ooh the chair seems interesting... has a decent proc to it aswell too bad its nt only.
And the gloves!! Ive been dying to try em out for ages now!! Ive actually never seen anyone use the gloves, might try it out some time...
I was seriously considering using the argument but after reading on various forums, it seems that there is a cluster complication when it comes to implants or something. I will however definitely try it at later levels.
I would love try the tara sword but its unlikely ill be able to get my hands on one.
thank you for the interesting suggestions :D
Jealous
Staypuft

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

In that case, if you're into the realm of the weird and unusual weapons, melee energy. I'm yet to see someone make it work, though, just so you know.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am

First of all: the proc is not NT only: it's a nuke that normally is only cast-able by NT's, but with this chair it can proc by everybody.

Melee energy is indeed hard to make it work: it's shiny cluster is in the head meaning you need to sacrifice 105 points of a nanoskill OR sacrifice 105 AR... If you use the gloves: better use upgraded ones since those don't require ME. They have high reqs though and the damage is not so amazing probably unless you fight targets with really high AC's where all other weapons would lose a lot of damage :).
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Crabface » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

I've never personally seen a froob using the Argument, and apart from one guy in the "Why Panther?" thread who claimed he used it, I've never heard of one either.

An enforcer I was playing before the Awesomium patch used SMGs. A really noticeable AR hit there, but there are some good SMGs as you level up. End-game would probably be a Manex December. Low minimum damage is frustrating though. I have also never heard of an enforcer using SMGs, but I have heard of one who used rifles, and another who used pistols.

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Leetgrid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions so far.
I am looking forward to using the argument in my later levels when I have covered most of my important nano skills.
The ranged enfo idea sounds very interesting as well, I wonder how a diamondine kick pistol enfo would do...
Currently I am also considering the piercing route as I have a pair of SCCs in my possession and I havent seen a SCC enf before.
Jealous
Staypuft

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 am

So, fun = leet? Looks cool, but useless. Have I got that right?
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Leetgrid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:43 am

Well it doesn't have to be completely useless. I just wanted to hear which weapons people had the most fun using that wasn't your usual cookie cutter setup.
Looking good is a big plus as well because for me it keeps me engaged in gameplay
Jealous
Staypuft

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:07 am

I've had some fun with pained panther if that's any help, but I assume it's too cookie cutter?
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Leetgrid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Leetgrid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 pm

hmmm... I might just go with cookiecutter PP until I can get my hands on a permafrost or until I have enough ip to balance my skills out for the argument :/
Jealous
Staypuft

etocynned
Flagged
Flagged

Post by etocynned » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm

ya, its nice to feel the joy of running around slaughtering stuff.
but sometimes thers the same joy in killing stuff slowly with some stupid weird weapon! Like a chair or 2!

I must say, the revelation that enfs are a casting class that is primarily aggro management, not a dd class, made a huge impact on my gameplay.

Edit: Fc should release some strange weapons, sausages(1hb), a metal door(2hb), tree branches(piercing), pebbles(rng pistol?), a tape measure(2he).
Regards,
Etocynned

Main- Likeve Lv150 Trox Enf RK1
Cantcatchme - lv 64 fixer
Grawg - lv 91 MP
Downsimba - lv 12 chair trox enf
Treenis - lv18 nt
Roflstawmp - lv 10 engy
Qwertina - lv 27 "nanorage" enf
Laundard - lv 60 totw ma
Tradewitmii - 25 trader
and Multiple alts incl. MA, Doc and Trader

...the path back to Paradise is lined with the bones of my enemies. Their screams soothe me during the long nights, when I dream of what I have lost. I laugh when I recall their writhing anguish, their groveling to please me, the hope that their suffering will be put to an end. But I feed from their anguish and the begging look in their eyes as they grovel at my feet, hoping for a cessation...
Ripped from item description of Abyssal Desecrator, but it sings in my ears.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Tarradax wrote:In that case, if you're into the realm of the weird and unusual weapons, melee energy. I'm yet to see someone make it work, though, just so you know.
I'll take that on as a project ;)
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah