Enforcer weapon listing

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:15 am

Pete wrote:Not everyone can always count on being able to get Improved Tango Dirks, Newland Fish Knives, or especially Slayerdroid Crystal Claws. There are certainly more desireable weapons on those lists, but sometimes the ease of just being able to roll something and go with it (like a Mole Stinger for piercing) is great. Who wants to be stuck in a city for what could be hours asking the shopping channel every 15 minutes if anyone can improve your Tango Dirks or if anyone has a pair of Newland Fish Knives for sale (no one ever does)? I think everything I listed, although might not be "uber", is certainly useable. Not everyone has the time, credits, connections, or desire to always have the most accepted weapon on at all times.
You make some good points, but I would like to counter and say that there are many items on your list that are nearly impossible to get (the rare IS and ToTW drops come to mind). It is far easier to get Improved Tango Dirks and Newland Fish Knives than it is to get those NoDrop items. A couple of hours of dyna-hunting will net you the Newland Fish Knives (and the team mish can be rolled pretty easily). I can't say the same of a few hours of killing Uklesh for the Frozen Tear (I've camped for it before for about 20 hours, and I've never seen it drop). Also, for the IS items, you often have to hire a team anyway, and it's just as difficult as finding a tradeskiller to find an IS team or IS services.

Also, look at your list of Piercing weapons... the other options include the Tarasque and another weapon that needs to be "improved" by an MRR (Improve Thrusting Weapons). Not sure what the Mole Stinger or Fear-Forged Blade is like in the grand scheme of piercing, but I'll be sure to take a look. EDIT: Oh. The Fear-forged blade is pretty abysmal. The Mole Stinger is fairly decent, but doesn't compare to the Improved Tango Dirk. I suppose if you were stuck with rolling a weapon, it could be worse.

For the record, I do Improved Tango Dirk work on my Trader tradeskiller (who is also my main). I'm sure WorldTrader also does this work. Spamming on the shopping channels may not be the way to go... as a froob, you'd probably get better exposure on the AOFroob forums (which, if they are reading your list, they should already be at). You can also turn to Mrshop in-game if you want to get a hold of Newland Fish Knives or tradeskillers to improve Tango Dirks.

As stated before, Guard of the Gentleman does not require Parry or Riposte at low QLs, which is exactly where they are most useful for a fr00b. It's a great lowbie weapon, and the only wrinkle is getting a friend who can go to SL to buy them.
You couldn't get them without an SL hookup and they're tradeskilled nodrop items, so just because they're lacking an SL requirement doesn't put them in the clear.
I'm fairly certain, from reading a post on Funcom's forums, that these items are in the clear. There are plenty of other SL items that don't have an SL tag like the Focus-Funneling items and the tradeskilled buffing rings.

EDIT: Just one more note. Not all shop buyable items are rollable and vice versa. It would be nice to note where things can be bought, if possible.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

itninja
Veteran
Veteran

Post by itninja » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:06 pm

Pete, first off, your guides are VERY appreciated. The time you have taken to develop, research, and post your guides is evident in their content. However, I think you are taking community comments the wrong way. Nobody is attacking your listing here, we're just all adding from our experiences and from what we've found that works.

Before dismissing any comments made here as attacks, please consider them for their possible improvement value to your weapons listing. That's what most members are trying to do here . . . the thread grows, the guide grows, and more people can get value out of it. :-D
Rootcommand Level 219/29 Omni Solitus Fixer

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~
NA Forums

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:44 pm

...which is exactly why I put both weapons that someone can hunt down and spend a lot of time camping for, and other weapons someone else can just say "screw it, I just want something quick that will still work".

I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the availability of an item is implied in the fact it is rollable.

Unkala
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Enforcer weapon listing

Post by Unkala » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Pete wrote:Schiacciamento clubs (sold by melee smith up to QL125 [135, maybe?])
Meibutsu Daito swords (sold by melee smith up to QL125 [135, maybe?])
Confirming he sells items from QL 1-135.
"Main": Fetidia -MP
Retired: Unkala -Enf, Dingho -Bur, Receipt -Tra (RK2)

Iqsar
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Iqsar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:56 am

About the MRR/pppe for thrusting weapons, I had a VERY hard time tracking down the item. The CRUSHING one seems to drop very common, I see it for sale a lot, but the other 2 are very rare it seems. They are supposed to be rollable, but I tried around 4000 rolls on the thrusting one and never got roll (yes I was prefect level to roll the QL).

The only times I see the thrusting and slashing mrr/pppe for sale are from some highlevels who most likely got it a few years back and didnt felt they need it anymore. I got my own set from a retiring engy who played for years.

So personally I doubt if they (the last 2) are still in the loottables, can anyone confirm this?

And if you are on RK1 you can try contact me on any of my alts (im on roxton mostly), and if I have time I can try improve your dirks for ya.
- Roxton 220/24/70 nanomage enf
- Gigahertz 140 ish Trox enf
- Gigapower lvl 60 froob enf

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:41 am

Wow, now I know 5 ITD makers !!! :)
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:42 am

Iqsar wrote:About the MRR/pppe for thrusting weapons, I had a VERY hard time tracking down the item. The CRUSHING one seems to drop very common, I see it for sale a lot, but the other 2 are very rare it seems. They are supposed to be rollable, but I tried around 4000 rolls on the thrusting one and never got roll (yes I was prefect level to roll the QL).
They are not rollable. They are random mission loot from chests (and, supposedly, dyna drops). The best bet to get one is to roll a mission within two QLs of the disc (there are rumors that these items are one of those, like certain IDs, that drop in a mission QL much higher than their listed QL). The reason you see the Crushing one a lot is because the Crushing is QL 10... what is the other thing that people tend to roll at QL 10? Concrete Cushions. They blitz the mission to get Concrete Cushions and end up randomly looting it from a chest.
The only times I see the thrusting and slashing mrr/pppe for sale are from some highlevels who most likely got it a few years back and didnt felt they need it anymore. I got my own set from a retiring engy who played for years.

So personally I doubt if they (the last 2) are still in the loottables, can anyone confirm this?
They still drop. Last month, an Advy friend from another org had the Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Slashing Weapons) drop, inside a chest on a mish. I've heard (on OT OOC, no less) the joy of someone finding a Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Thrusting Weapons) drop in-game (probably doing a Rome mish... then again, this person could be lying, I don't know). Then again, vehicles and crat suits still drop, but are very rare... I've only had three vehicles inside chests/barrels and one crat suit ever, on any mission. So they are rare, but still exist. Your chances of getting one on a drop are slim, much like getting GA from one of those darn Personal Safes.

Sorry for going completely off-topic. Back to Enforcer weapons...
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:16 am

supposedly they are on the loot table for [team] mission bosses as well.
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 am

I found the Crushing PPPE on a regular human mob (Engineer-type) inside a mission. Not a boss. A regular mob. Go figure.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 pm

1HE : Survival Axes

----

Looks like a list from a database search, ho hum.
Adios, thanks for the fish

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:32 pm

Iqsar wrote:The only times I see the thrusting and slashing mrr/pppe for sale are from some highlevels who most likely got it a few years back and didnt felt they need it anymore. I got my own set from a retiring engy who played for years.
Off-topic (I apologize immensely): My significant other got one of the Slashing discs on a mission this past week. She doesn't remember where (off of monster or chest). It definitely wasn't a team mission (she did solo missions only, during that period of time). This is anecdotal evidence that they still drop. She's only started playing again this past month. This happened mostly because I told her to save all of the instruction discs she came across (to tradeskill into nanos that her alts can use)... otherwise she would have sold it as shopfood. :-P

Docpaulie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Docpaulie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 am

On the piercing weapons there are also 2 pretty nice weapons u didnt addd, but they r breed locked:
Opifex only - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=207976
Nanomage only - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=202789

There wont be many froob Nanomage/Opifex Enforcers i guess, but i know someone using the Flea bite and it does awesome dmg, but i got to say he's not a froob :)
Docpaulie - 200 Doc
Proud member of House Maadiah
Clan on RK1

Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Crabface » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:32 am

I ran across a Sockdolager a while ago. Too bad they didn't make it in higher QLs or melee energy might be viable.

snakeye
Flagged
Flagged

Post by snakeye » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 am

From 1HE SOL-F is really a viable weapon for levels <100 even (sometimes) better the the weapons from the melee smith. Sol-F's are faster the the melee smith weapons and have an nice critical and a much higer Attack rating cap.
Rimor:

Lvl 174 Clan Adv snakeye15
Lvl 110 Neutral Engie snakepit

lvl 60 Omni MA Kungfujane http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57971

Lvl 24 clan Fixer Speedybabe Http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=64607

Lvl 100 Clan Trader snaketrader

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 am

snakeye wrote:From 1HE SOL-F is really a viable weapon for levels <100 even (sometimes) better the the weapons from the melee smith. Sol-F's are faster the the melee smith weapons and have an nice critical and a much higer Attack rating cap.
They are also ADVY weaps. This is supposed to the ENFO weap list.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link