Melee Energy Setup!

Technium
Raidleader

Melee Energy Setup!

Post by Technium » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:57 pm

For all those weird players that like to take a challenge and use 'our of the ordinary' setups i present to j00 this:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=181951

Umm oops sry that's for something 'else'...*cough* Ok i present to j00 this:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=181950

The setup is made for nanomage enforcer, because intelligence really helps with melee energy, and as a nanomage you will benefit more from nanoskills because you will really need it (shiny...cluster...head...ouch). It can be quite an interesting setup due to high DD items that compensate for the lack of specials on the Argument. This is the line of weapons you will use until The Argument comes:
-Surge Baseball Bat
-Sockdolager
-E Blade 850
(yeah, that's pretty much everything you could 'use', rest are suxxz0r)
Very poorly supported skill (with expansions it's pretty viable), melee energy is only for those that really really know what they are doing. But hey, as long as enfs have this nano-line, why not make use of it as fr00b too. /discuss :)
Last edited by Technium on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.

SvenGradna
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Melee Energy Setup!

Post by SvenGradna » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Looks pretty fun to me. Just a heads up though, the Dust Brigade bracer is Atrox only and the Finely Refined Notum requires SL. Neither of those are "make it or break it" items for the setup though so it's no biggy. The AC's do seem a bit low for a tank though, and there's a good chance they'll be lower unless you can actually get ahold of ql 300 Lya's boots.. Gonna go ahead and give you benefit of the doubt on equipping them, but on NM it seems like it'd be hard to keep them 100%.

Nanoskills are a bit of an issue here, since if my skill emu is correct you'd miss the top mongo, the top two absorbs (although MC is only one point off for the second best so that shouldn't be too hard to make up elsewhere), and you would only be able to cast Imminent Storm for your melee energy buff (although I can't be sure how viable it is for an enfo to get 780 PM/SI for the next buff with any setup).

Aside from those issues, this setup would obviously do good DD. Min damage would be around 1.1k before challenger so I don't think there'd be any complaints from your team. Because of the AC's and the fact that the Argument wouldn't be 1/1 at full def, I think this toon should stay away from tanking and instead just use that beastly nanopool to spam challenger. If possible, I'd find a way to add in more -nano cost (switching DChest for Azure Chest is the obvious move but it doesn't seem like it fits with the spirit of this build).

EDIT: TL;DR looks like a lot of fun, but a very specialized build requiring some potentially important sacrifices. Also, holy expensive.

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Post by teeko » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Actually the Finely Refined Notum is bugged. It has an SL tag but doesn't actually require SL(go figure). Oh, and I think this setup is aimed towards DD and not tanking.

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 am

SvenGradna wrote:Looks pretty fun to me. Just a heads up though, the Dust Brigade bracer is Atrox only and the Finely Refined Notum requires SL. Neither of those are "make it or break it" items for the setup though so it's no biggy. The AC's do seem a bit low for a tank though, and there's a good chance they'll be lower unless you can actually get ahold of ql 300 Lya's boots.. Gonna go ahead and give you benefit of the doubt on equipping them, but on NM it seems like it'd be hard to keep them 100%.
Oops i'm sry my mistake on the DB bracer, i meant the nanomage one (changing it now). And the boots may be shown in ql 300, but it's just to show what to use. Players can find/equip the ql they desire/can. Ty for feedback :)
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.