Idea for L36 NR Enfo twink

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Idea for L36 NR Enfo twink

Post by Briandmg » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 pm

I was thinking of making a L36 enforcer for tower wars. His main setup will consist mainly of NR items to ward off trader drains and stuff. These include:
  • x2 Fractured Nightmare (Hence the L36 requirement) (+80)
  • Nemmy's eye (+50)
  • Minimally ql140 NR L&R wrist imps (+75)
In addition, he goes out with Notum Repulsor (+92) and masteries to use burning rage (+420). This, together with the base (~180), amounts to an estimated 900 NR which will hopefully be enough to ward off those crazy trader drains.

Now my main concern is not so much of the NR setup but rather the possible weapons he can use. I'm trying to avoid the typical noob rod setup and instead looking into a x2 frozen tear setup. I estimated that at 600 AR and full def, the tears will dish out a little more damage than a noob rod, but at a cost of having no nano drain. Will my weapons be enough to kill anyone at all at that level? Or should I just simply go for a L60 NR enfo with a panther?
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Idea for L36 NR Enfo twink

Post by teeko » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 am

If your main focus is keeping rage running, you won't use enough nano to really need the neleb's rod imo. Tears are a good dmg weapon at that level.

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:52 pm

If you are going purely for NR, I would suggest Storm Carb as well. If you are going against traders, you'll need as much resistance as possible.

A full set of storm carb at an optimal ql would give you an additional 50-70 NR.

The downsides to storm carb is the noticeably lower ACs that it offers, so it's up to you to weigh up the pros and cons. Personally though, I'd say go with storm carb.
Twinks:

Theumbrage - 100 Evade Agent (with no damage!) - [Setup]
Payments - 76 PvP Focused Trader - [Setup]
Temples - 60 ToTW Twink, Solo Aztur without hiding - [Setup]
Nubstick - 25 Half-arsed Nanomage NR Enfo - [Setup]

Non-Twinks:

Hattyssold - 200 Atrox Soldier - [Setup]
Ulovemyheals - 200 Nanomage Doctor - [Setup]

Froob powah!

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:12 pm

the main issue is that a froob do not have any good (or even remotely decent) weapon at those levels... so even with tons of nr you wont kill those traders at towers...

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am

Hatty wrote:If you are going purely for NR, I would suggest Storm Carb as well. If you are going against traders, you'll need as much resistance as possible.

A full set of storm carb at an optimal ql would give you an additional 50-70 NR.

The downsides to storm carb is the noticeably lower ACs that it offers, so it's up to you to weigh up the pros and cons. Personally though, I'd say go with storm carb.
I was thinking of using omni carb, but storm carb looks rather decent for my intent. I don't quite see any other alternative aside from miys, which would be a PITA to farm at the required QL (80-120).
Goldberg wrote:the main issue is that a froob do not have any good (or even remotely decent) weapon at those levels... so even with tons of nr you wont kill those traders at towers...
That was what I was most worried about as well. Assuming that I'm duel wielding frozen tears at full def, and I have 870 melee init (this is with rage, flurry and triple imped melee init), I would hit at a rate of 2.3/1. Lets say I also happen to have challenger running and as a result, I have 500 AR. With barrow strength running, I would go for about 100 dmg per hit. In the long term with my procs, I would average out with 116 dmg every 3.3s. Since I'm duel wielding, that would amount to 116/3.3*1.33 = 47 DPS.

Now lets look at any random dude with HnQ running and who happens to piss me off enough to have me rage/flurry/challenger/barrow strength. He would heal at a rate of 36.8 DPS. My resulting DPS? A measly 10.2. #-o And that is only for 20s before my buffs run out.

I'm considering leveling up a bit more (preferably less than L60) to use a panther. That way I can use a assault class tank armor as well, but I'll keep my NR setup. Whatdyu guys think?

Matsuda
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Matsuda » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:14 am

At lvl 60 you will do enough dmg to kill others, but on the other hand you will have to compete with 75 traders who can cast nanite srains, so your NR probably won't be enough to counter them completly.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Look, as i see it (and im out of the game for a looonng time ) your best option for Enfo is as:

You have to calculate the lowest level you can twink on a Chirop (better for pvp due to sneak attck iirc!) you can easily due it with Uklesh frozen tear (i think), now with all the new stuff and nanos id say try to get it at level 55 or less.... IP will be insane to manage (all the melee + nr and mellee init and what not!) but if you do your homework it will be well worth it! (lest say count on mostly osdes that means for example zero ip into runspeed, zero ip into first aid, zero ip here and there.... HUGGE amount of nanos and nt from highest ql carb, min amount of nano pool, min amount of io invested into HP (you use Enfo buff and nano regain buff) etc etc ... this could work... hard twink to make, and heavily relays on ob's but will be great even against paid costumers... so.. this is my 2c's ....:\

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Unfortunately for you, what Matsuda says is true. Paid traders will most likely be able to land drains on you. One of my friends has a paid 90 enfo with around 1.3k NR (IIRC) with a proc running, and even selfed, I can still land some roots and drains on him (and I'm a froob, which probably goes to show that there isn't much you can do against traders at higher levels, where the difference between froob and paid starts to get more obvious.

If you want to go ahead with this though, I would advise going to level 56 or so, where the 74/75/76 twinks can't hurt you.
Twinks:

Non-Twinks:

Froob powah!

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:31 am

I think I'll keep him at 56/57ish.
Goldberg wrote:Look, as i see it (and im out of the game for a looonng time ) your best option for Enfo is as:

You have to calculate the lowest level you can twink on a Chirop (better for pvp due to sneak attck iirc!) you can easily due it with Uklesh frozen tear (i think), now with all the new stuff and nanos id say try to get it at level 55 or less.... IP will be insane to manage (all the melee + nr and mellee init and what not!) but if you do your homework it will be well worth it! (lest say count on mostly osdes that means for example zero ip into runspeed, zero ip into first aid, zero ip here and there.... HUGGE amount of nanos and nt from highest ql carb, min amount of nano pool, min amount of io invested into HP (you use Enfo buff and nano regain buff) etc etc ... this could work... hard twink to make, and heavily relays on ob's but will be great even against paid costumers... so.. this is my 2c's ....:\
Would it be beneficial to duel it with a frozen tear? As I see it the tear does significantly less damage and may effectively reduce my DPS by slowing my chirop attacks. Not to mention that it's attack speed is much slower than the chiroptera's too.

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I would assume that dualing a dear with a chirop would not only be less DPS, it would also cost more IP on the multi melee and you may be camping azzy for a while before you can obtain it. Even if you had IP for multi melee, I would spend it on kizzers instead.

56/57 seems like a good range. Perhaps consider a howlet if you are short on IP, considering how you will be maxing NR. I heard somewhere that it is a better choice that panther because of less IP usage. Don't quote me on that though, good luck!
Twinks:

Non-Twinks:

Froob powah!