Bodies Hollow Island loot runs

Raids and events are announced here.
Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Bodies Hollow Island loot runs

Post by Bodies » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi all,

I am planning on doing some loot runs for Bodies, she needs 2x soft fluffy ring for starters. I could ask a 220 friend to go at it till the 2nd or third champion but I thought this would be a good excuse to get some froob action going. I can't really solo because I dont have enough high level chars to make a well balanced multibox team. anyway I like it more when diffrent people play together (talking with my own alts gets a bit boring after a whhile and its a drag to switch boxes all the time :p).

I would love to hear if anyone would be interested to help me do this and maybe see how far we could get with the people that want to help. Maybe more people need some stuff from hollow island, I know Intellant wanted a ring of endless depths for example, for the people that wanna make the master engi pistol there's a part for that that drops there as well. For a full list of what drops you can always check the Hollow Island Guide.

It can also be a good lesson for me to learn a bit about leading a raid and maybe in future organize some really heavy challenging raids (still need 2x rust pitted rings from mercs in the far future too ;))

Anyway I would really like to see who is interested and when you think would be the best time to organize them, I will be doing these untill I have the 2 rings I need. So just so everyone knows beforehand, the soft fluffy rings are mine, I could find a use for the other loot too like the lions leather armor for example, but I am willing to roll for all other loot between the people that are helping me and if you really need it I might let you have it (need before greed :))

Let me hear from you and I will get it done :)

grts Bodies

P.S. My poo my rings
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Bodies Hollow Island loot runs

Post by Saavick » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Sounds fun, I'll join too if I'm on :-)
Some time between 5 and 8pm GMT on weekdays or during the day in the weekend would work for me :-)

I have scorpiod droppings too in case we don't have enough.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:56 am

I will join for sure, if I can. HI will be interesting to try after all the changes.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Cool, what time is best for you lusto, as I see it now it would be Monday or Friday evening or in the weekend, but it's hard for me to know beforehand if I will be on in the weekend and at what times. I would like to plan it in the bot in game too to give as much people the chance to join if they want.
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hybridyak » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:46 pm

If there's any way I could come I would like to help and have the off chance at a bit of gear. I'll set alarms and wake up in the middle of the night if I have to... Australian time is the worst for this game.
I have a 175 Froob Fixer I would mainly like to equip, but can bring the gimp 215 Fixer if that would be better. :D
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:02 am

*Jumps up and down in excitement* Raid!

Im free without restrictions from around 9pm GMT, but I could show up starting around 4pm to leech some goodies while semi-afk.

PS: Dibs on anything remotely useful!
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:02 am

I am actually pretty flexible on times, but it would help me if you can call out the date at least few days in advance.

I would most likely join on Doc and MP.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Well first raid is planned for sunday, I hope to start gathering the people around 2pm GMT and start a bit later.

For now I am reading up on how to lead a raidforce, if anyone can help or has some usefull tips its always welcome. I haven't raided much before let alone lead a raid so I hope you can all bear with me. :)

It would also be good to know if there will be an engi that can warp people if they want to join after we started (maybe thats a good idea for my next project) but thats problems we can handle on sunday :).

Hope to C u all there
grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Raid leading is not such a rocket science that people make out from it. Learning it is also the best experience I had in AO.

Some tips:
- About 90% of the value RL brings is to set the date and time for the raid, and speak about the raid in advance to pull in people. Bonus points for ensuring there are essential professions present.
- You can't really lead. When the horde gets on going, it will do as it does. My raid leading usually ended with "Dracore, pull something" or "CHARGE". After that there was about 8s window between CH casting to try to type so instructions.
- Always keep the raid that you advertise and try to make sure people leave satisfied. This will make them to come for your raid again. You need to have them associate "Fun" to your raids. Never, ever rage quit if your raid goes south. Saav did this once and I had to step in to make sure people did get their action ;-)
- Have private chats open with key people, at least one with someone who knows the raid well and can advise you.
- Admit reality. For example don't try to impose your own idea on who should be pulling, if someone in the raid force is obviously doing it.
- Use the Raid interface. I usually make Team 1 to be a warp team, with Engineer, Fixer, Doctor and leave free spots. This team warps back dead ones, gives them team buffs. Team 2 is the tank team with the main tank and anyone the main tank wants in his team. Usually Advy would go here so that tank can benefit from the Aura. Ideally Advy uses whichever morph the tank wants, I might even ask this Advy to go for evade or tank morph.
- Roll the loot.
- Delegate if needed, for example Raid interface can go for someone else.

But the main thing really is, make sure you have fun. And try to make sure everyone else has fun too.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks Bodies for organising the raid! It was a lot of fun :)

We had a relatively small group of two teams, but we were lucky in having the most vital roles present. I wonder how we would have done if we wouldn't have had 3 MP's with NSD ;)

It took quite a long time (did anyone time it? Something between 4 and 5 hours?), but we managed to kill all ten waves and Champions. We didn't attempt the Weed since we knew we'd lack damage, but to not let anything go to waste we gave the kill to non-froobs. Thanks Crazyheals ;)

Congrats to everyone who got loot! I'm looking forward to the next one :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:53 pm

:) My pleasure,

Thanx to everyone who came and made it possible, for me it was a bit hectic at times, but I survived. I think we started around 2 pm and it lasted till around 7 pm so yes approximately 5 hour raid for the 10 waves. Also thanx to Crazy for not beleiving in us so we could prove him wrong :p (and for not letting the weed loot go to waste) We could have gone the full raid but it would probably have taken another hour and a half to 2 hours.

It was my first attempt to lead a raidforce no matter how small or big it was, I have learned a lot and will be doing more in future ( I just need to find a date I can plan enough time before, which is kinda hard with my irregular lifestyle). One thing I learned is I need a bigger screen :p. and next time I will do my best to get some screenshots maybe. If anyone else happened to have taken some feel free to post them ;).

See you all in the next run
Greetings and good hunting to all.
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:32 am

It was good raid. I don't think we have gotten that far with two teams before. Too bad about the interference from paid, this always happens when they are around. No matter how friendly or supportive they are.

At some points Sfer+Andy just amazed me. I think three MP is needed for the raid towards the end. At start two is enough because they can refresh NSD just when previous one is running out. But later Champs start to resist occasionally so you need to recast. And that window was enough for several AoE. With three MP you can try to cast NSD when previous has 3s left, giving you second chance. The AoE comes with CH blocker and has enough range that I mostly were not able to dodge it with my doctor. But I did few times, so pimping up nano range could work.

Sfer proved that 1.5 doctors is enough (Sfer counts as 1.5 compared to average) but two doctors is safer. Few AoE hits came when I had to jump to my doctor to save someone and NSD ran out during this.

For future raids, please use the Froobraid section rather than this because threads in here get pruned away. We lost all documentation about first Froob raids like that. (The epic Hag raid, with nobody having any clue what to do leading to my first and only raid command: Dracore, pull something. He pulled everything.)

Do not underestimate the value of forum for motivating and pulling in people for raids. Screenshots above all.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:46 am

Lusto wrote: For future raids, please use the Froobraid section rather than this because threads in here get pruned away.
Good point! I'll move this thread to Froobraid too.