Lvl 24 Froob Battlerod Doc 100%

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Lvl 24 Froob Battlerod Doc 100%

Post by dredd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 pm

I finally caved and made an Atrox Battlerod Doc a little while ago. I made him real quick one weekend for that possible Froob pvp tournament- with a day job as an Abby killer. I've always had a love/hate thing with the Battlerod. I try to avoid it since it's so obviously overpowered. On the other hand, it's a good weapon and Abby doesn’t care about our feelings so I shouldn’t worry about his.

Anyway, this guy was supposed to be a quick twink job but turned out a bit better than I expected so I went back and maxed him out. I ultimately got his implants up to 117-118 in a few spots. I figured I’d post some notes here in case anyone wants to do something similar..

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=144464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never expected to get this Rod to 100%. I was originally estimating based on 100ish imps and planned to do a real quick job and end up at 75%. I skipped some of the more tedious twinking tasks and threw this guy together in a couple days with real basic equipment. I got some of his imps up to 114 with a couple pieces of Rhinoman (QL 74 gloves and chest) and was quite surprised to find that he was only 5 points away from keeping the rod out of OE after all was said and done. I threw on all my buffing armor and equipment like Rings of Essence, Miy's Tank armor etc.. and got him to within 2 points of being non-OE (281 2hb). Being so close I couldn't leave it like that. I didn't really want to leave buffing equipment on him so I went about making 5 more points of 2hb. I ran him into Foreman’s and got the Combat Medic's Tank armor, went and did the Nodda Greg quest and pushed the imps as high as I could. I squeezed out 2 more 2hb from the Right arm, and 1 from the left. Final 2hb implants are: 117 R-Arm, 110 L-Arm, 109 Chest- (Leg 113 for Trickledown). Needing two more points to make up the difference, I planned to go out and find some slightly higher Rhinoman gloves/chest, or use buffing equipment until Halloween when I could get some Lya’s sleeves. Then I realized that I could get a bunch of trickle-down by putting Stamina in the chest instead of Body Dev. That pushed him nicely over the top and he ended up with 282 2hb (and enabled him to use QL62ish Omni-Carb un-oe). He needs the basic Str/Stam ability boosts, 2hb expertise and Enlarge running to get it up there, but he works very nicely for killing Abmouth. He even has the Holy Book of the Immortal (which he can just barely cast) thanks to a kind Advy who killed Aztur that day we were in there collecting temple loot. I might still go get Lya’s sleeves and switch the chest back to Body Dev, but I’ll have to see if the increased health is worth it.

If anyone wanted to duplicate this and couldn’t get the implants quite as high, there are some options:

- You could sacrifice the waist BM implant and put Stamina in there. You’d lose some healing but get 11-13 Stamina depending on QL.
- Lya’s Sangi armor sleeves would be the easiest way to get a few points of 2hb from trickle-down. (which is why I figured I’d better post this before Halloween :))
- You could leave on the Solid Steel Hydraulic Legwear from the Nodda Greg quest (5 Stamina).
- Rings of Essence/Endurance
- The OT Armed Forces Assault Pack adds 1 point of 2hb but you lose the Exarch Robe - The Modified OT Helmet from the same Blake quest adds 3 Stamina
- Miy’s Scary & Tank Boots add Str/Stam. All the other Miy’s boots add Strength as far as I can tell

This is all about getting anything that adds 2hb or Str/Stam to trickle-down to that.

You could try getting higher Rhinoman armor, but that is getting quite hard to get on. When I did the math on this, and considered upping from QL74 armor, I found that I had a very small window of armor that would give me one more 2hb each- while still being able to equip. In my case I would have needed 82-84 gloves and 79-81 chest.

You’ll want to make sure you can cast Enlarge- it adds 10 str/stam and this doesn’t work without it :).

If all else fails, you can probably get this Rod out of OE by finding an Enf for Headcracker- shouldn’t need Brutal Thug to keep from OE. (Take it if you got it but you can probably find a lvl 24 ish Enf who can cast Headcracker)

Screenshots are on the blog page- named Battlerod- lack of creativity and in a hurry :). Health with Metabolism Booster and Health Surge is 2250ish, nano-pool is 800ish. I think that’s it- I’m done :).
Last edited by dredd on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Lvl 24 Froob Battlerod Doc 100%

Post by Goldberg » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks for that, i was thinking to build something like that for Subway only, good to know its possible, you didnt mentioned what breed tho (assuming atrox) also did you used the doc padds that adds treatment? and the what ql treat lib you used there?

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dredd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Good catch on the stuff I missed :). Yep, he's Atrox and the Treatment/Pharmacy Library is QL53. Edited that equipment config. And yes, I do believe I used a Medical Epaulet during twinking :).

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Truly awesome work....now get out of clans subway !! :)

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:05 am

oh yes, forgot to mention : awesome work!! :notworthy: !!! :)

(im quite puzzled how you got Str up 238 without L.arm imp, assuming you wear treat suit {still cant figure how you got so much treat either} i think ill just have to stick with Stamina based imps try to hit the 115 mark i hope that would be enough to get the rod out of OE)

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dredd » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Not sure if I should give ALL my techniques away but here goes :). For doing the arms, I started by putting max strength imps in all three- R-arm, L-arm and chest. (I also put Agility in the waist for this step as the arms depended on Strength and I got a couple points of trickle to treatment from that). (Buffs are Prodigious Strength and Behemoth of course) I ran some numbers and calculated whether it would be better to take out the right arm or left arm first. It was close but was better to do the right arm first- so I did still have strength in the chest and left arm when I did the final right arm implant. For the left arm- strength dropped even more and I must have used more buffing armor- like the Hydraulic gloves and some Sekutek to compensate a bit. With the arms in, I switched back to buffing Stamina, put in a Stamina waist and put in the final Chest with 2hb.

Making the arms based on Stamina instead of Strength is a great idea. I don't think you can do that with the left arm, but the right could if you just put 2hb and Swimming. This way, you could do the left arm based on Strength first (with strength still in the right arm)- get it real high, then make the right arm based on Stamina. You'd lose a bit of Fast Attack but I don't recall how tight that was. You could make up for that by putting FA in the right hand instead of a nanoskill- maybe lose some DOT damage but I've yet to use that against Abby anyway.
WeeScotsman wrote:Truly awesome work....now get out of clans subway !! :)
That's funny :). I do hang out over there sometimes. Busted! :) Yea, I wanted to try him out on Abby a while back and ran into Rome and Borealis subways and he was dead in both. So I GSFed over through Old Athens to WA subs and haven't left yet :).

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 pm

hi Dredd

well, now I know that I was wrong when I thought that neleb at 100% at 24 was "almost impossible" ...

well that .. or "almost impossible" = "not that hard" in Dredd's world :)

btw, dunno if you used it (I read your post too fast) but forman doc tank is nice for twinking...

here's what I reached n my level 27 doc : http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=113576
grats on your work :)

now come play a tad with us :)
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

sybil
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sybil » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 am

Awesome sauce here chief, just curious with farming and twinking time how long did it take total -leveling?

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:46 am

That's really impressive, self-buffed.

I went a different route with my lvl 24 doc, as I like OBs, and the result is owning nearly all of TOTW - just Aztur and the 2 leading up to him are a problem (particularly with stuns).
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 am

btw, what Init debuff do you cast ?
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dredd » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:11 pm

As for time frame, I think the build was a weekend project. Leveling and loot collecting from the temple was late Friday night. Saturday was probably an eight hour day or so with farming stuff from SoM, doing implants, and then Rhinoman. Rhinoman farming was fairly quick as I only needed two pieces, but I was probably uncommonly lucky at finding both in maybe an hour or so. After finding he was so close to 100% I went back on Sunday and got the Doc Tank from Foremans, did the Nodda Greg quest and started re-doing implants. I think he was done late on Sunday night. I haven't really timed most twink jobs but this was one of the faster and more straightforward ones- I would guess anywhere from 20-25 hours maybe... That was a pretty hard core weekend though- can't always spend 8-9 hours a day on AO :).

For debuffs I cast Phantom Weight (breakable) on the Infectors and Lesser Muscle Atrophy (unbreakable) on Abby himself.

And yea, I should come out and play more- do some towers etc.. I'm realizing that most of my toons aren't built specifically for pvp, and I'm out of slots for new ones on a paid account :). So- I'm deleting, remaking, stripping, retwinking :).