Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

AOFroobs.com • View topic - Level 1 froob doctor twink

Level 1 froob doctor twink

Level 1 froob doctor twink

Postby JLax on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am

(this thread is also to discuss the new illegally modified ofab weapons on froob twinks, ranged in this case; i may change the twinks prof)

During Halloween, i made roughly 10 lowbie toons and got them lya sangi armor just in case i ever wanted to twink them, however I have a new idea, but this toon will not have any access to lya sangi armor. I plan to atleast design a level 1 non-trader/agent twink, mostly just for fun, and i may try it out against other level 1 froob twinks, but seeing as thats unlikely, and most will be OP traders/agents anyway, being good in pvm just for showing off is somewhat of a priority.

I have mostly planned out a level 1 trader twink, so the armor will be almost the exact same(unless i go sided carb armor for NR) , implants will depend on weapon/breed/nano skills i need.
For weapons I am thinking of using one of the new illegal ofab weapons. For twinking purposes, level 1 seems perfect for them, as almost any can be kept out of oe without OSBs (I prefer to not use OSBs on my twinks). I cant decide on which weapon(s) however, but have narrowed it down to 3 which I think will work well:

https://aoitems.com/item/301709/illegally-modified-ofab-peregrine/ : I have 1 +5 pistol/fling shot candy cord, and will farm another if i choose these, meaning its + 10 pistol/fling and + 6 proj damage. Implant wise its the one with least conflicts, and wrists are often the highest ql implant.

https://aoitems.com/item/301711/illegally-modified-ofab-shark/ : No low level armor other than miys buffs this much, and it has a lot of implant conflicts, however the req are still low, and even with conflicts i shud be able to keep it out of oe. The specials are also really good, and will possibly help in pvp, but still good in pvm.

https://aoitems.com/item/301718/illegally-modified-ofab-tiger/ : I have + 15 metallic hoop, which will really help, and also will allow me to use special arrows. Some implant conflicts, but not as much as the Shark. Worst in pvm imo, slow attack and AS is useless as I wont have much concealment. Might be best in pvp, I dont know if AS is good at this level. (the rifle has slightly more damage, but is overall slower, has no fling shot, and doesnt have an item like metallic hoop to buff it.)

I havent decided on breed;
Atrox has highest STR/STA, and this will help in twinking. Will also have the highest health, but low nano.
Nanomage has the worst twinking abilities (STR/STA/AGI), but will have the best nano pool/ NR.
Opi has good AGI/SEN, which are very good for the implants of the ranged weapons. Also will have slightly better evades if i decide to bother with them.
Soli is ofc good all round, and may be best seeing as this is a first attempt.

Another main issue is casting the new comp nano/weapon expertises selfed, now that we no longer hav skill proficiencys for +10. Which means it may be better to focus on PM/SI in implanting, as getting comp nano/weapon is very useful.

I have access to most twinking tools, poly pillows, almost all the +ability filigree rings, but no miys cloak/ pioneer backpack (I am looking to buy a low ql +2 miy cloak, if its not too expensive). I have heard its possible to get the foremans doctor tank armor on low levels, but this may be too low for froob. Id prefer to go ranged, but the illegally modified ofab melee weapons do seem good, but there were always good melee weapons at low levels, and this is more to try out how these new weapons preform. LordDredd (which ive read about all his twinks, and his guides have helped me a lot) used a ql 22 razorback on his paid level 1 agent, which has the same specials and almost the same damage as the Ofab bow. His doc however was paid, and had damage perks for alpha, and all round better armor, so the only comparison here is if a AS/Fling weapon is worth it without having more alpha damage.

IF i proceed with this twink (I have still to do my level 60 enf once i fix my AO) il add as much info as I can to here, as it would be nice to see more lowbie twinks using the new weapons.
Cratattak (220/21) Bureaucrat
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Technozan (135/2) Nano-technician
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
Celetteo (100) Engineer (Foremans Twink)
Blindgaze (14) Agent twink
+many more for buffs/ soon to be twinked
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Level 1 froob doctor twink

Postby Lassssi on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 am

It would be interesting to know what kind of overall stats you are able to get for your lvl 1 char. This could determine the weapon choice.
Shades of Lucubration is most likely out of reach thus I'd personally go with opi & lya's sangi combination.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby Briandmg on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:05 am

Mmm yummy level 1 twink! I'm not an expert on level 1 twinking myself, but it seems as if the pistols are the best PvM choice. It has fast attacks and fast specials. Not to mention that you can duel wield it pretty easily. If I was into L1 PvP though, I would go for the tiger instead. It probably has the best alpha considering that it has aimed shot and special arrows. It also has the furthest range, which is pretty important if someone roots you considering that as a doctor, you would be pretty helpless the moment you get rooted.

IMO, I would say go for the pistols. It seems like minimum damage is the most important weapon stat in terms of dishing out damage, but since all 3 options you linked have the same minimum damage, then attack frequency would be the next best stat you could go for. Any decent twink at L1 would have enough ACs to cap your damage at minimum.

On a side note, do you think twinking on a TIM scope would be possible for a froob? I think it may be possible on a froob trader, but probably not possible on a froob doctor. See: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... ilgatester
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P
Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Postby JLax on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Opi seems like the best choice for Pistol/Bow, Trox for Assault rifle. The difference in abilities actually makes quite a difference at this level, even though its no more than 7 or so, its still a ql or 2 in implants/armor. After quickly checking some numbers, I've realized keeping these weapons out of oe isent as easy as I first thought, and the lack of armor support for Assault rifle rules that out, and pistol doesn't have as much as bow (without using omni grey suit, which I may have to, if I cant implant bow high enough).

With TIM scope i could go evades build, though I have no idea how viable evades are at this low level, especially on a doctor. Though if capping the 30% damage cap is common, evades +heals would be better than large HP build. TIM scope does actually seem possible with ql 65ish Rifle implants, and the AS is easily gotten from getting on a crit scope. Getting enough NCU however, 104, not including more that may be needed for AGI trickledown, may be an issue.
The bow seems to have the least amount of implant conflicts, and I do have metallic hoop that needs using up, and also power puller will help for more AR. My only real pve req is not being as bad as funhander, twink will be pvp orientated, but seeing as lowbie froob pvp is rare, its always nice to show off in subway :D

Buffing Rifle for TIM scope:
131 wrangle
120 agent buff
20 expertise
15 - http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124149
75 - ql 65 implants (just an estimate, will most likely be around this range, wrist implants are always the highest)
2 - ql 26 Miys ranged legs (lowest ql ive got)
2 - 2x http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204756 easy to get on with soli SB
=365 , only 29 off, which can probably be done with base + trickle + more armor pieces.

Once I decide on breed (i will probably make all 4 and check the base stats) il get more accurate estimates, then start twinking after my totw enfo is done.
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Postby hybridyak on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Some great points and ideas here.
The Illegally Modified weapons have certainly piqued my interest in moving along a lvl1 twink too. As a pvp oriented toon you should probably go for the weapon options by the specials and the AS ones are still the best for that. The Power Puller you speak of for bow skill, isn't that MA profession only?

I have a lvl 1 Doc that I work on sometimes, and I rolled Nanomage because of particular nanoskills I am attempting to reach, but you raise a very good point about the breeds abilities impacting on twinking the implants, and maybe NM is not the best choice...
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby JLax on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:37 pm

I just typed out a long paragraph on why NM is bad, and i also typed out all the breed base abilities/nano skills/ evades/ bow,as,fling. After i clicked submit, site logged me out, and i couldnt go back to what i had typed.

To summarise (and i may redo the breed stats);

I checked power puller, yes its MA only, because of MA heals requiring BM/SI instead of BM/MM, if im low on bow, i may go MA instead of Doc.(I need SI/PM implanted to hopefully cause comp expertises)

NM has 1/3 the AGI of Opi, and just under half the stamina of Trox. NM is terrible if your not trader/agent and can get the +30 int/psy shades on. INT/PSY are basically useless for lowbie twinking, no buffs for froob, conflict with treatment.
Opi has 18 base agi at level 1. NM has 6. This is the difference between ql 60 and 64 implants, which is +2 stats in shiny clusters.
Soli has 9 of all abilities, because of slightly higher Stamina than Opi, and seeing as most AGI implants made in twinking are stamina based, it makes soli mostly even with Opi on max implant ql. (trox is not much lower, but does benefit hugely from 18 base Strength, which has the best buffs, and is req for most arm implants.)
Nano skills wise (BM/MM, other nano skills for doc are 1 or 2 lower): NM had 14, Opi/soli had 12, Trox had 11 - Obviously offset by just the shiny clusters in imp ql said above.
NM has lowest weapon skills by 1-3 points (highest was Opi for ranged), same with evades, and Opi/Soli even had higher Treatment.
Unless you had very specific INT/PSY requiring armor you wanted to get on, I see no way in which NM can compare to the other breeds at level 1, there is just so little twinking support for INT/PSY.

I personally may run numbers for a Solitus twink, then find out if i could do with more agility/sense from opi, or strength/stamina from trox.
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Postby hybridyak on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Yeah pretty convinced I have to reroll. Thankfully I was yet to get through collecting *all* of the nodrops!

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby hybridyak on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 pm

I did do a breed change on mine to Opi and implanting has been much more successful.
I remembered the reason I had chosen NM to start with, and that was for De'Valos sleeves: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=253184&ql=20 and I will miss those for sure, 8 nanoskills is significant.

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Lassssi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 pm

User Expansion sets & Alien Invasion and <- That is unless auno is heavily outdated.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby hybridyak on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 pm

My toon is on a paid account yes :)

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Lassssi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Ok, then the discussion here is slightly pointless.
Lvl 1 paid chars have so much gear available to them that it opens up everything, including weapons.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could put the nm glasses on as lvl 1 paid char.

Edit: as a simple example from 2007 when there was much less gear
https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showt ... mooth-quot
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby hybridyak on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 am

Not pointless at all, I was merely making reference as to why I had chosen NM in the first place. The discussion was actually more about whether a NM is at a disadvantage for twinking implants in general at this lvl, and it may very well be. :)

I think it is overstating it a bit to say that there is so much gear available for a paid toon when it comes to level 1 twinking. (edit: There's some advantages of course in the final armours you could use like the De'Valos I mentioned). There isn't really much that a froob can't use to do the twinking with at this level and in the example you've shown, with which I am more than passingly familiar, the only paid item is the Cure for Baldness that Dredd equipped, everything he used to equip it is usable by a froob. The Illegally Modified Ofab weaps are so good its almost pointless to use anything else, and I think thats greatly evened out the damage potential for these really low level ranges.

The advantages I have at level 1 are lvl 1 research lines and the use of the odd piece of Ofab armour for twinking (one of the pieces adds one extra NCU than the equivalently equippable carb for example). The most significant item you could use that you do need to be paid for is an Pure Novictum Ring and thats not a small feat that you just casually add to having a significant leg up on a froob.

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Lassssi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:12 am

For twinking phase alone there's eg
- novictum rings
- Power of the Mind
- Bracer of Killing Intent (maybe some other ai wrist items as well)
- Ability to get NS without spending money on cans <- this especially affects NM breed choice a lot
- Abilities NCU - although I'm not sure how low lvl they exist?
- Been too long but did AI buildings have some machine that gave you buff to something, maybe cl? Cannot remember anymore.
- 20 treatment from cure of baldness

=> I'd say froob vs paid is not really comparable.

Then when it comes to weapons eg.
Ofab Cobra Mk 6 ql 20 could be a potential candidate. + With ofabs you can get the exact ql you want to make sure you are not oe. Or could you? Were they only sold by certain qls such as ql 25? 50 etc? Anyway kry weapons at least should be with all qls.
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby hybridyak on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:42 am

I apologise I am very wrong when I said everything Dredd used for Cure for Baldness was useable by a froob, it requires access to a city Tradeskill machine. The machine however does not buff CL.

Sure Cure for Baldness gives 20 treatment but treatment is not the limiting factor at lvl 1, abilities are, so the real advantage is the Stamina and Psychic, and only for one profession.

Anything AI related that requires AI Tech is lvl 15 minimum as that is when you are first able to perk AI Tech, so none of those AI tech bracers or utilities.

Ability NCU only exists at high levels.

Getting NS from a can... well you can get everything better from a can these days :D and if a froob was twinking hardcore they'd be using them anyway.

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby JLax on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 pm

My personal lvl 1 doc twink has been put on hold, atm im twinking lvl 10 atroxes (good level for GTA/temple pads and some weapons, and seeing as they will all be trox; i can re-use twinking implants and design to save a lot of time and test all kinds of builds easily)

The +20 treatment from Cure for Baldness is more significant than you think: treatment generally isent a limiting factor, however much of the time you'l still need to use medsuits, and possibly even lose some ql on Head/RHand/Eye implants. With +20 treatment u can swap out a piece or 2 of medsuit for abilities, which can basically mean that the +20 treatment translates to +4 to all abilites (2* nova dillon parts). With a lot of implants being stamina based, 10 stamina from a head slot is a few ql higher implants, which is a big deal. And of course to finish it all off, for an atrox ateast, seeing as Body Dev and Nano pool dont go OE, its +200 HP and +100 Nano.

For doctor atleast; froobs get nothing that can compare to an item such as Cure for Baldness, and all paid profs can potentially get a Novic ring for +8 to some abilities and +10 to a lot of skills they need, Lower levels are more "even" between froob and paid twinks; a well done froob trader can possibly beat a well done paid doc level 1, and well done froob twinks can probably beat paid counterparts if they arent done as well/ dont have access to novic ring.

All ofab gear is in QL multiples of 25, but its not massively better than say, Miy's armor or sided Carb.
Paid can also do the first level of research at level 1 I think, which is a bit more in some essential skills.

So sadly even at level 1 it seems paid twinks still have quite an advantage over froob twinks, even though its not as massive as it is once you can use AI gear, it still makes a difference between what nanos you can use, keeping certain weapons out of OE, and in the case of Cure For baldness; the implant boost + the Max HP/Nano.

(Also I know this looks like a rant AGAINST Cure for Baldness, but I do really like the item, and for paids atleast it pushes them higher towards the ranks of traders/agents at low levels)
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Return to Doctor