Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
AOFroobs.com • View topic - Implant set up for dual Dogs of War

Implant set up for dual Dogs of War

Implant set up for dual Dogs of War

Postby Bigtoad702 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi all. Like the subject says...

I have a 160 doc that I will play but I don't have a suitable implant setup so I can change from piercing to pistols.

I had some fun with the ql 162 ITD's but I don't have any higher ones and the -000 piercing weapon didn't impress me at levels I could equip.

Any recent pistol set up welcomed, but I'm really looking for something that has multi-ranged, pistol & burst that doesn't mess up my healing too much.
Toad
Bigtoad702
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Implant set up for dual Dogs of War

Postby Bigtoad702 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:09 pm

*crickets* No worries, I winged the implants and didn't break my healing.

The pistols are much more consistent damage-wise, plus fling & burst.

If anyone else is wondering what weapons you can use if you solo a lot, these work.
Bigtoad702
Amateur
Amateur

Postby Trappin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:19 am

Nice to see you trying different weapons, especially melee versus ranged. I went from ITD's to Gelids on my doctor, and never tried ranged. If you had access to ITD's up to QL200, would you use those, change to Gelids, or stay ranged?
Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Postby Briandmg on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Yeah the implant setup for pistol wielding doctors are pretty standard. In fact, if you check the pre-made adventurer/doctor implants, they should more or less be the same, and can provide you a good template.

Once you hit TL6, swap one of the Dog of Wars for a Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P
Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Postby keune on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 am

Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol requires a [NODROP] Crystalized Medusa Queen Hippocampus from Hollow Island, which is not soloable, i believe...
keune
Amateur
Amateur

Postby Briandmg on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:00 am

keune wrote:Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol requires a [NODROP] Crystalized Medusa Queen Hippocampus from Hollow Island, which is not soloable, i believe...

Oh yeah I had troubles with that one. The best way to get the Hippocampus is to park a 'sentry' toon in a safe spot of Hollow Island, and log in periodically on the sentry toon to see if anyone is doing HI. Occasionally, there will be a L220 soloing it for the other phats. Politely ask if they need the Hippocampus (if it drops). If you log on often enough, you should be able to eventually get it in a few weeks :P

Be wary when entering the HI raid midway though! You need to fly pretty high up (as high as you can) through the entrance to avoid being killed instantly by the island door guards. Even then, it's really risky. Good luck!
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P
Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Postby Bigtoad702 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah I was psyched about making an engy pistol - until I saw the HI raid item. :( That last step is what raises the min damage too.

I'm currently just running it through daily quests to get some IP built up for the next TL.

Trappin: I'm not sure. Damage is consistent with the pistols, but it does feel like it takes more time to kill even with burst & fling. It could just be my perception. I'm nowhere near MBS so that is likely a factor.
Bigtoad702
Amateur
Amateur

Return to Doctor