Crat breed (FROOB)

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Crat breed (FROOB)

Post by markp89 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi there,

Since a long stop i gonna play anarchy online again :)
Wanna make a crat, But iam not really sure what breed is a very good option to stay froob.
I wanna use POP+Fully upgraded engi pistol, and the froob endgame buffs. And must be able to solo a bit.
(maybe any better weapon options?)

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Crat breed (FROOB)

Post by Goran Gora » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 pm

pistol might be 1 of your best choice :)

want hardcore? go trox :D

i got opi crat.. wannabe evader but.. hm.. kinda decent.. but not that good how i expected

with solitus you cant go wrong.. as always :D

NM.. might be good choice.. froob crat srsly lacking nano skills so NM might compensate
Good, old patriots! :)

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 am

markp89 wrote:Wanna make a crat, But iam not really sure what breed is a very good option to stay froob.
I wanna use POP+Fully upgraded engi pistol, and the froob endgame buffs. And must be able to solo a bit.
(maybe any better weapon options?)
Pistols are fine. Crats are a nano-heavy profession, and, by their toolset, decently capable of soloing.

Personally I would either pick Opifex (Solitus, pah!) or NM; former for some more pistol skill, latter for all the nano stuff. My own crat is NM because of the nano stuff.

Maybe grab a skill emulator and create a level 200 setup for each of the breeds you are interested in. Pick the setup you like most and go with that breed :)

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 am

Ok thanks alot, i go for namomage since there are cool nm only stuff :)
btw do i need to max psycholocy?

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:26 am

markp89 wrote:btw do i need to max psycholocy?
Psychology is part of the requirements of certain items (i.e. crat suits), tradeskill processes and influences the charming nanos, for example. Still, there is no need to max it at lower levels; keep it as high as needed for the items and leave it at that. You can max it once you have enough spare IPs (i.e. TL4+), if you want (I will do it, because it helps with the charming).

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Post by teeko » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 am

My first main was an mp, and of course nanomage. Went paid after a while but still love froob way more before tl5...so since mp is a pet
class I naturally tried engi and crat. Hated engy,never saw where it was interesting at all...but crats I love. Both of my froob crats are nanomage but I wouldn't recommend it. Nanomage has sigjfcantly lower health which really matters as a froob. I think maybe opifex would be a good choice, decent evades and not bad on health. As with mps, the crat pet doesn't hold agg forever so be prepared to tank
or kite or use
some kind of fighting tactic eventualy. Also I agree with pistols becase there is some solid choices as a froob. Also def. Be prepared to have agg at
200, as a nanomage that's gonna be hard to handle
with basically no heals to speak of.

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

Oh i rolled nanomage hehe..
But more nanopool, and i can root/snare/calm so my HP wont be that big problem right?

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

markp89 wrote:Oh i rolled nanomage hehe..
But more nanopool, and i can root/snare/calm so my HP wont be that big problem right?
You won't have any problems with whatever breed you choose. Nanomeats are just easier on the twinking part with all their breed-locked, caster-oriented goodies.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Post by teeko » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Well I think that endgame your roots snares and calms won't be too effective since they will probably be about 50 levels old. Before endgame,nanomage is the best because of twinking but you shouldn't have a problem with it at 200

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Ok thanks, ill stick with it since i like to have much nanopool on a crat.
Also the nanomage only stuff is nice toys :)

Iostalin
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Iostalin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am

I dunno how you play your crats, ppl, but crat not supposed to be a tank, IMO.
My vote for nanomage, otherwise you have very hard time with nanopool and nanos landing, aswell as with endgame equip later. Crats are casters, and all nanoprograms must have good chance on landing on mobs. You need to tank, when your nanos not land properly. Crat is a best mob juggler, and i doubt your evades on opi compensate lack of nanoskills. Breed question is a question of play style, and mobs types, you want to pwn :) Opi maybe bit better against ranged mobs, but on "red" mobs (melee enfo mobs) you will be splatted anyway, if your nanos not land. Also - nuke will HURT your nanopool even on twinked 200 lvl froob, if you try to spam it, and nuke - main crat's weapon. And nanomages not so defenseless, if you make decent equip, believe me.
If my Shackles landing on some mob - its question of time when mob will be dead :)