33 Crat Twink Plans

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

33 Crat Twink Plans

Post by meraimon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 am

Recently I heard rumors of the enforcer's rage nano being reworked so that it only broke roots every once in a while, making rooting professions infinitely more viable at tl2. This inspired me to start a new twink specifically for countering battlerod enfos, and I settled on a 33 Atrox crat, using a X-3 rifle with a towers setup (max ncu).

Here is my planned setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=183130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The imp ql's aren't perfect, since I don't know what each will end up at. I'm shooting for ql 120 imps in some slots, but they will likely range from 100-120.

Pros of this twink:
-Long range rifle
-UA support for very high AR
-Roots
-Mocham'd pet damage
-Ability to use both ToTW pads, since there are no conflicts with strength in the arms
-With offensive steamroller, the rifle is firing at 1/1 speed.
-IP friendly

Cons:
-Relatively low nanopool for chain casting roots
-No gumboils...
-Long AS recharge
-Lacking NR to counter traders (not that having NR would really counter traders that well anyways)

I decided not to shoot for the 6 slot belt, simply because i had tried on my 30 froob enforcer, and I was very far off (and I don't have the Pioneer's Backpack...). It is probably possible, but it would be very difficult on an Atrox. So, i decided to save myself the IP and just go with GCB/Mem loops (I justified this with the 15 ncu and the bonus nanopool the belt gives you)

Thoughts on the effectiveness of this twink at towers/duels?

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Re: 33 Crat Twink Plans

Post by Lassssi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:43 am

Ignoring the rest for now but have you considered charming options for your crat?
Ie. going for max nanoskills for max charm vs going for max nanoskills for max pet.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Derenbruder » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:03 pm

y dont u use the dark pistol from COH?

if u are absolutely in rifle and not omni use a arbalest (nomad armor arrives soon for bow).. way better than x-3

greez

LT
Amateur
Amateur

Post by LT » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Lassssi wrote:Ignoring the rest for now but have you considered charming options for your crat?
Ie. going for max nanoskills for max charm vs going for max nanoskills for max pet.
Disclaimer: I'm sorta clueless when it comes to AO-PVP...

Indeed, if you have a pocket MP for moochies why not have it (or an engie if you have) provide a charm pet? I wanted to do that for PVE, but the low level charms don't last long enough for that... I imagine that 5+ minutes on the long charm is enough for PVP tho.

I wanted to use both a bot and a charm, but there might not be enough IP for that+rifle ;). Oh, and two pets bashing away would break roots/snares all the sooner I suppose...

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 am

In regards to using either the dark pistol or an Arbalest, I thought about the dark pistol, as it also has a huge support from EP (+120). However, there are conflicts while implanting between pistol and mc/ts, the nanoskills for casting pets. Also, the Yatamutchy gets extra support from the Rifle/AS mods from the T.I.M. scope, and doesn't conflict with anything important.

An Arbalest would be a heavy IP sink for bow, and would also conflict with some stuff (strength for the ToTW shoulderpads, namely). And, actually, the Yatamutchy isn't that bad at all! it has decent damage and speed due to all the range init I'm getting.

Aside from that, I hadn't considered the option of focusing more on pet charms than my casted pet for a number of reasons. The first being that the only character I have capable of casting a worthy pet to charm (my 110 agent) is on the same account. ^^ The second being that I don't want to limit this twink's capabilities to purely PvP, I want to see what i can solo with it also... Besides, I don't think many would duel a crat that has two charmed high level MP/Engi pets. I don't think I would still be considered "Selfed" then.

Anywho, I can still charm with MC/TS being the priority nanoskills. It doesn't rule that option out necessarily.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 am

wont last 2 secs in towers

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 am

I did a quick number crunching on the damage your rifle will do in PvP (max damage and crit damage halved), and keyed it into Auno's calculator, assuming you fight an enfo with 3k ACs:

http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php?special%5B16 ... 0&bonus=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Results?
Your normal hits will vary between 27 and 27 points.
Over 10 seconds you would do about 168 points of damage.

Whereas:
Dr Hack 'n Quack: 362 .. 370 180 hits, 10s delay

I know in actuality that you will do slightly more damage than what is advertised in the calculator, simply because your AS will hit for some serious damage. This, however, is severely offset by the fact that your AS will take about 80-83s to recharge. I.e. to say you're only going to fire it off once in any PvP fight (I'll be surprised if you survive long enough to fire your second :P ). Either ways, your rifle will only offset about half the damage healed by HnQ.

If you charm a pet and summon a moch-ed bot, you could probably easily outdamage HnQ, but albeit at a slow rate. The question to ask then is: can you survive long enough to slowly dish out your damage? Low level crats have very little survivability because:
  • 1) No Charms to init debuff opponents
    2) No red tape debuffs
    3) Demotivational speeches have (relatively) minor effects
The only ways to survive at your level is either to root/snare, or to use Weekend Volunteer. I have no doubts that Weekend Volunteer will work wonders. Regardless of who you're facing, you are sure to pull it off and effectively stun your opponent for up to 10s. As for root/snares, I have serious doubts if you can land it on raging enfos. Sure, the rage nano may not have a 100% chance to break your root in the future, but can your roots land to begin with? Take in mind that enfo twinks at that level are twinked to resist traders who are moch-ed and fully drained. If you cannot land your roots twice in a row, I doubt your crat will survive for long.

If you ask me, my verdict is no, the crat will not work in either duels or towers. He's dishing out too little damage to offset his low survivability. He's way too vulnerable to debuffs too. Any trader will murder you. =P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Mursk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mursk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:22 am

Briandmg wrote:I did a quick number crunching on the damage your rifle will do in PvP (max damage and crit damage halved), and keyed it into Auno's calculator, assuming you fight an enfo with 3k ACs:

http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php?special%5B16 ... 0&bonus=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Results?
Your normal hits will vary between 27 and 27 points.
Over 10 seconds you would do about 168 points of damage.

Whereas:
Dr Hack 'n Quack: 362 .. 370 180 hits, 10s delay

I know in actuality that you will do slightly more damage than what is advertised in the calculator, simply because your AS will hit for some serious damage. This, however, is severely offset by the fact that your AS will take about 80-83s to recharge. I.e. to say you're only going to fire it off once in any PvP fight (I'll be surprised if you survive long enough to fire your second :P ). Either ways, your rifle will only offset about half the damage healed by HnQ.

If you charm a pet and summon a moch-ed bot, you could probably easily outdamage HnQ, but albeit at a slow rate. The question to ask then is: can you survive long enough to slowly dish out your damage? Low level crats have very little survivability because:
  • 1) No Charms to init debuff opponents
    2) No red tape debuffs
    3) Demotivational speeches have (relatively) minor effects
The only ways to survive at your level is either to root/snare, or to use Weekend Volunteer. I have no doubts that Weekend Volunteer will work wonders. Regardless of who you're facing, you are sure to pull it off and effectively stun your opponent for up to 10s. As for root/snares, I have serious doubts if you can land it on raging enfos. Sure, the rage nano may not have a 100% chance to break your root in the future, but can your roots land to begin with? Take in mind that enfo twinks at that level are twinked to resist traders who are moch-ed and fully drained. If you cannot land your roots twice in a row, I doubt your crat will survive for long.

If you ask me, my verdict is no, the crat will not work in either duels or towers. He's dishing out too little damage to offset his low survivability. He's way too vulnerable to debuffs too. Any trader will murder you. =P
AC damage reduction is halved in pvp.

http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php?special" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[16384]=1&skill[151]=295&name=&lowdam=1&critmod=145&highdam=134&critchance=4&atttime=2.4&clip=20&rectime=2.3&attrate=415&init=560&armor=1500&aggdef=100&bonus=25

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 am

Is there any hope for TL2 Bureaucrat pvp? How about a 2x parry stick evades setup with flower of life, gumboils, and implants geared for charming pets rather than casting your own? This is basically the sum of the feedback that I have gotten ingame and from you guys.

Chaosette
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chaosette » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, I have no doubt in my mind that an uber twinked trox crat using a set of FFBs (or even better an FFB+ a ql 70ish tango dirk) could be outstanding with implementation of sneak attack, brawl, and fast attack. All of those could be done with minimum setbacks in the nano skill department so you could still have a nice bot to go tag teaming with. However, you'd need high runspeed and nano resist and would need to be a pretty experienced player who knows how to trade aggro between you and your bot (even in pvp, it's still a great tactic if done correctly) to be viable in the tl2 pvp world