Interviews >> Reken

In an effort to understand the Froob mind, AOFroobs.com set out on a mission to track down and speak to those "uber fr00bs" who have reached the pinnacle of froobness, Level 200.
Esdian
Seasoned
Seasoned

Interviews >> Reken

Post by Esdian » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm

AOFroobs.com interviews Reken, a Clan Engineer.
---------------------------------------------
AOFroobs.com - When did you start playing AO, and what drew you to AO?

Reken - I started my first toon somewhere at the first quarter of '06.It was in Rimor, too... got the fixer around level 75, really gimped, too. Then I took a break for couple of months, decided to try again with another profession and another dimension, and now I'm here. Guess I was searching a new game, and as I had never tried a MMORPG, I decided to give AO a try.

AOFroobs.com - How did you decide on your Profession, and would you change if you could start over?

Reken - Well, after the catastrophic first try with tradeskilling fixer, I wanted to try a profession that can really pull it off. And yes, I'm happy about my choice, too. Playing engie was really fun.

AOFroobs.com - Why have you stayed froob for the full 200 levels? Any plans of upgrading?

Reken – Well, it was the challenge... lotsa orgmates and others online friends were painting rose-colored pictures of SL and all that stuff, but I wanted to ding 200 "old-school". And yes, I upgraded my soldiers accounts 2 weeks ago.

AOFroobs.com - How was the journey to level 200?

Reken - Long, but interesting. RK has lots of things to do, and get xp from, after all.Even if most of the xp comes from missions, there was countless raids and all kinds of other stuff, and maybe a level worth of tradeskilling, too.

AOFroobs.com - At what point did you realize your pet would not be able to get you to 200 all by its self?

Reken - Well, I thought it would work so smoothly from the first time I cast Slayer, to around halfway to TL5.Mobs over level 200 have too much HP for slayer to kill without constant healing, and if you won't do any damage to the mob, the passive aggro will get you killed. At best, you and your pet do around the same amount of damage, so the pet can tank, and you can get thru rather high level mobs alone, if you won't find a team.But end-game for froobs, nothing beats team missions.

AOFroobs.com - The all important question, Tradeskill Vs Evades?

Reken - Tradeskill. The tools are costly, you won't usually get tipped, but the stuff you make yourself from your own parts and sell can net you quite nice credits. And it helps with alts, too. On the other hand, engies have pets for tanking and best blinds in the game for some basic crowd control. PvM, you shouldn't get hit much anyway, so you can slack with evades quite a bit. The top blind is more than enough in almost every situation in RK.

AOFroobs.com - In your opinion whats the easiest way for your profession to make credits?

Reken - Soloing lots of team mishes for shopfood,killing dynas, and Tradeskilling stuff to sale.

AOFroobs.com - What , if any, items should all froobs reguardless of profession own or have access to?

Reken - Treatment buffing items, such as Omni-Med suit, some implants and treatment rifle... they make life a lot easier.

AOFroobs.com - Now That you've hit the “Pinnacle of Froobdom”, whats next?

Reken - I'm going to Disneyland! No, seriously, I'm getting lost in SL. And maybe ding 220 sometime far far away in future with Kitesfear.

Thanks to Reken for taking the time out of his busy playing to answer these questions. Hopefully we can learn from his experience.

Do you know an uber froob that we should talk to? Let us know who they are by sending us an email: interviews@aofroobs.com