Interviews >> Eltaco238

In an effort to understand the Froob mind, AOFroobs.com set out on a mission to track down and speak to those "uber fr00bs" who have reached the pinnacle of froobness, Level 200.
Esdian
Seasoned
Seasoned

Interviews >> Eltaco238

Post by Esdian » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 pm

AOFroobs.com interviews Eltaco238, an Omni Adventurer.
---------------------------------------------
AOFroobs.com - When did you start playing Anarchy Online? Why?

Eltaco238 - Beta for my first chars, then I came back 2 years ago and started some froob chars.

AOFroobs.com - How did you choose your profession? If you started over, would you keep it?

Eltaco238 - Adventurer sounded more appealing to play, the morphs were awesome and the ability to solo. I loved it. Learning about rubi-ka, and the mysteries of the world was sweet.

AOFroobs.com - Why have you stayed froob for the full 200 levels? Will you ever upgrade? Explain.

Eltaco238 – Besides that I don't really have the RL cred to upgrade, I think it is more challenging to have a char on rk. IMHO, the powerleveling in sl is no fun. That and being 200 as a froob, everyone gets jaw dropped. I love it

AOFroobs.com - How long did it take you to reach level 200? How often do you play?

Eltaco238 - About a year, took awhile to learn about the game and twinking. Played about 3-8 hours a day at least.

AOFroobs.com - What was the slowest block of levels to go through?

Eltaco238 - I would say 40-100. After you have soloed everything in totw, and broke free of the bad teamage, nothing really to do but solo missions, get teh junk xp in foremans, until the borg grind in Mort. Teams are a problem on rk, or lack there of for high level content, but soloing rocks. And if your a pet class (MP or Engy) RK is fun to solo /pet hunt

AOFroobs.com - Where are the best leveling places (that you want to reveal)?

Eltaco238 - 1-15 Noob Island / ICC 15-(20?) 25 Subway 20-40 Rome Missions (Great xp!) 40-50 (60?) Totw 60-80 Foremans/Bothackers/More missions 80-110 Mort Borgs, then PW Borgs 120-150 Team Broken Shores Missions or PW Dynas 150-200 Missions, missions, missions, and um.. missions till your brain erodes

AOFroobs.com - What's the best way to start PvPing?

Eltaco238 - IUm...I'm a meatbag in PvP when it comes to HP, but if you have the Gelid/Chiro combo, pwning clans at WA rocks when you can do 8k SA+Backstabs

AOFroobs.com - How well do you stack up to an expansion player in PvP?

Eltaco238 - Well it really depends on what proffession I'm up against, but if I'm against a opponent of same proffession and lvl I'll most likely lose, the difference in gear, perks and symbs is too great in higher lvls to be outdone by skill.

AOFroobs.com - What items/equipment are a must have for froobs?

Eltaco238 - Depends the class, Carb is a nice startout, sided rocks. Then after that, going with Class armors or OTAF rocks. Or ubered nano armor for Pet/nano classes. Get your sided board! the 1750 board rocks! Azure and Notum Tank Armor rocks if you can find an org that still does them.

AOFroobs.com - What's the easiest way for a froob to make the big money?

Eltaco238 - 1) Constant CRU Missions <- Fixer Love 2) Blitzing lvl 200 missions - 3) Blitzing nanos and rare items like GAs 4) Mission shopfood

AOFroobs.com - What's next? Twink your 200 or work on alts?

Eltaco238 - Twinked the 200 into full 200 implants and OTAF, can solo the best advy weapons in rk, and i have some 230-250 implants in. Now I have a 156 Engineer that can solo everything (level 200 slayer at 90 ftw), <3 tradeskillers. And a 140 MP that can solo even ql 220 nanos.

Thanks to Eltaco238 for taking the time out of his busy playing to answer these questions. Hopefully we can learn from his experience.

Do you know an uber froob that we should talk to? Let us know who they are by sending us an email: interviews@aofroobs.com

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Re: Interviews >> Eltaco238

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 am

8-[ ummm...we can post replies? (Does this seem right?!)

Last I saw Taco has made Funcom happy and "graduated" from the ranks of fr00bdom and into the world of the paid.
http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Eltaco238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah