200 froob pvp toon.

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
markp89
Hardened
Hardened

200 froob pvp toon.

Post by markp89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:41 am

Hello Aofroobs,

I wanna make an 200 froobs that is 100% PVP based, mostly for 151-200 BS.
Now my question is what is an verry good option for froob.
(Its not only for froob vs froob, but also froob vs sloob) I know its damn hard against froob twinks, But hey, nothing is impossible!

I was thinking about an atrox agent because:
Roots/snares
High crit rate
Concealment is always usefull
Alot HP
FP soldier for TMS, or maybe even fp enf.
2x IGOC's + Dchest + RBP.
I also would add AS spam, but how about the rebalance?

I was also thinking about an soldier.

Anyone?

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: 200 froob pvp toon.

Post by Goldberg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I was thinking back than that an atrox agent with onehander and a kick pistol might work... very well under FP enfo for +aao (=insane ar)... so yeah..

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Derenbruder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with Onehander

like i'd told u ingame^^

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Yea i know for the HD setup Derenbruder, But i was wondering if an agent should be still better in FP soldier, because roots/snares and an high crit rate.
But i also heard AS gonna be nerfed.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 pm

This may seem shameless, but in all honesty, when it comes to high level froob mass PvP, nothing beats a NT. Blinds/snares/NS MK II/Nanoskills debuff/calm/Big nukes = win.

But an agent is likely to be the 2nd best choice too. I can tell you that a FP soldier however isn't as good as you would like it to be. Without TMS, a sloob would kill you in about 5 hits (i.e. under 5s, with perks/specials and all). With TMS, you would die under 20 hits, hardly enough time to get your opponent down to 1/4 health. Not to mention that NTs will rip through your shields, and traders will steal your TMS to gain a 30s nulity sphere. And don't count on the roots/snares, they don't work well at that level. :P I can tell you however that FP enfo is awsumly gawdly. You would die under 8 hits now because of health buffs :lol: , but you can more likely than not outrun your opponents because of rage. As long as you can kite your opponent and root him when he's fleeing, you're likely to win. Challenger helps alot in getting your normal attacks to hit, and if you pump your NR, you actually have a chance of resisting nanos thrown at you.

So if you wanna go atrox agent FPed into enfo, I say go ahead, but you are more likely to rack up more kills on a NT. :lol:
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am

But..
The most inportant thing for me, I dont like to play an NT at all.. And would it be still good after the rebalance?
(Iam 100% focusing on the rebalance atm)
So iam not even sure if an agent will be good since they wanna nerf AS etc etc etc.
Maybe i can better wait till the rebalance.
because i dont want to reroll after :P

etocynned
Flagged
Flagged

Post by etocynned » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 am

When is the rebalance?

Is it going to be affecting all the profs?
is there a thread you can link me to for discussion?
Regards,
Etocynned

Main- Likeve Lv150 Trox Enf RK1
Cantcatchme - lv 64 fixer
Grawg - lv 91 MP
Downsimba - lv 12 chair trox enf
Treenis - lv18 nt
Roflstawmp - lv 10 engy
Qwertina - lv 27 "nanorage" enf
Laundard - lv 60 totw ma
Tradewitmii - 25 trader
and Multiple alts incl. MA, Doc and Trader

...the path back to Paradise is lined with the bones of my enemies. Their screams soothe me during the long nights, when I dream of what I have lost. I laugh when I recall their writhing anguish, their groveling to please me, the hope that their suffering will be put to an end. But I feed from their anguish and the begging look in their eyes as they grovel at my feet, hoping for a cessation...
Ripped from item description of Abyssal Desecrator, but it sings in my ears.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 am

etocynned wrote:When is the rebalance?

for Traders:
http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarchy/f ... 202011.xls

for Doctors:
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/attach ... 1295018791

all professions have such rebalancing documents.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am

etocynned wrote:When is the rebalance?

- When? Soon(tm) of course, but the itemization and the testing still has to start, so at least half a year I'd think.
- All profs indeed.
-Where?
Erm, about half the official forums is about the rebalance...

Mostly in the special forum department about the rebalancing and also a lot in the profession specific parts of the forum.
This contains all the documents released by FC. You can check these, but the discussions and overviews also contain important information.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Let's just sum it up thus: Duke Nukem Forever will release before the rebalancing is done.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Extrama
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Extrama » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

Wouldn't a lvl200 Fixer with GA4 and BBB+onehander do well? Have an orgmate who has one and seems to do pretty well.
RK1 - Atlantean
Digitalkillr - LVL217/30 Frozen
Stoptehmusic - 195 Froob trox agent
Extrama - lvl60 noob ma needs retwink
I "Stabbed" Myself - Lvl60 Opifex Advy

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 am

Extrama wrote:Wouldn't a lvl200 Fixer with GA4 and BBB+onehander do well? Have an orgmate who has one and seems to do pretty well.
GA4 is not competitive for PvP at high levels - Unless you're doing strictly fr00b-only fights, most paid TL6 profs can easily get the AR needed to punch through GA. Not to mention the sheer amount of NTs running around the late-TL5 PvP bracket.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Not only that, your BBB + onehander is unlikely to kill anyone. The AS would hit for about 500-1000 damage only, and your other specials and normal attacks would miss easily 50% of the time with 1-1.2k AR.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:40 am

I did some pvp experiments on my 200 froob doc.

I fought one 200 fixer in GA4 with craphander, getting hit by that AS was scary as I got surprised of him actually making damage. I think I even used CH in my panic, even though there was no need for it. The same fixer had very tight match against one NT too, but they had made the deal that NT does not use grid nukes :).

My worst opponents were enforcers and advies with crispy chiroptera. Rest didn't really come close to kill me. But I did not fight against MPs or Traders who can stop the heals. MP in particular seems very potent.

For froob vs. sloob pvp I think I would recommend AS-enabled doctor or NT. They have best utility value.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Nymex
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Nymex » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 pm

I play my GA4 fixer a bit on the 151-200 battlestation, and while it's not woochawesomesauce, I quite rather enjoy it. By no means is it a grand killing machine, but it's still enjoyable. I take on the mindset of being a beneficial support player when I'm up there, everyone loves HoT's and GSF, and can contribute damage, lay down snares and roots. The main advantage of GA4 is a heavy resistance to perks. Unless I'm drained, NSD'd or shutdown skill'd, it's not often I see perk damage, even from the beefier 200's. And with the amount of damage a paid toon can dump into a humble froob with their perks, this is a serious bonus to surviving. Of course the wicked twinks will break through GA4 with their specials and regular shots, but they will miss here and there, and as a whole I think GA4 fix survives a bit longer thanks to such a heavy defense. And AS will get you every time!

Killing power isn't stellar, there's a reason they call it the craphander. It can be flaky one minute, the next you're chain capping AS (best I've seen yet was 3 in a row 5.7k on an enforcer). But again, I look at combat from a support aspect, and usually try to fight alongside others. Also ya have to take into account the battleground itself. Not everyone up there is a megatwink, it's a gaggle of S7/BS twinks, tower twinks, levelling daily folk, and people who just join to have fun. You can kill people up there, even solo, just can't expect to be taking down every single person you come across all by yourself.

All in all, 200 GA4 fixer isn't that bad for the BS, and I find it to be quite fun and fairly effective. There's better options though. Think it boils down to your personal play-style and mindset. If you want to be a serious damage type, I wouldn't go with a GA4 fix. If ya want a fun, support type toon, then I'd give it a whirl.
RK-1
Nodephreak - L200 Omni Fixer / Pricecut - L200 Omni Piercing Trader / Rhodesian - L200 Neutral Pistol Adventurer / Sonicspeaker L167 Neutral Shotgun Crat
...and the list goes on...