lvl 1 evades setup

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

lvl 1 evades setup

Post by bronz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 pm

I’ve been thinking of an evades set up for a lvl 1 pvp twink, mostly for self buffed fighting. I’m looking at wearing a vagabond cloak+2x clan pads and full omni intern ops clothes. For those who don’t know, you can wear omni and clan armor together, just get a low level clan/omni application and switch sides, then armor up and switch back. Simple. It’s horrible at higher levels as the time it takes until you can switch back is insane, but at 30 and under is a breeze, given the lowest level application you can find. Anyways, I calculate that such a twink will have 93 dodge/duck/evade and 45 AAD using all armor slots except head, and two imp slots (given 2xql 60 imps in those slots which my lvl 1 MA twink has, and I think that twink was made before I had explosifs and filigrees). The problem is that the setup has horrid ACs. So if people’s AR punches right through this, then it’s worse than useless. Especially so since there are nice high AC alternatives for lvl 1 toons (robe of the faithful+notum hood of bobic, nodda greg stuff, etc, etc, etc).

So the question is: Can a good self buffed lvl 1 twink reliably hit a toon with 93 evades and 45 AAD? My lvl 1 MA has a self buffed AR of 129, and could probably raise that to 135 or so w/ rhino pants, purple MA suit, etc. There are sure to be lvl 1 twinks out there with lots more.

If the setup is effective vs. say an AR of 140 or so, then I’m thinking hard about going w/ a lvl 1 evades NT. After all if I can evade anyone wearing that stuff, then anyone wearing it can evade me as well, but a NT would be able to nuke right through it. Granted a NT is going to have a pretty weak nuke at level 1, probably capable of 100ish MC w/ filigrees, but its damage and it will always land.

The benefit to a lvl 1 NT is that it can blind which gives -25 offense. I’m pretty sure that the above evades set up is effective vs. a self-buffed lvl 1 twink that just got blinded. In addition to blind, lvl 1 NTs can also use a humidity extractor, a root and a range increaser. This seems to be a better skill set than the MA who casts iron fist, lesser controlled rage and toughen skin. A fixer can do a long and short hot plus minor suppressor and roots. HOTs and evades make an amazing combination, but I’m not sold on any low lvl smg/burst weapons, and survivability is insignificant if you can’t hit anyone.

There are some other potential helpful items like 2x ring of luck defense which can add an additional +4ADD each. Apocalypse leather helmet which adds to evades. Possible weapons are ql 1 Fazekas crystal/adapted notum crystal combo (not great but solid for NT w/ +8 evade close, +4 MC and some other minor mods). I’m still kind of working it out, but I’m interested in some thoughts from members of the community. If this is not enough to put up a grid armor like defense against self buffed lvl 1s, then who cares, right? I’m not looking for “unkillable” here, just “very competitive”. What are your thoughts?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: lvl 1 evades setup

Post by Randomchance » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I take it you are not looking at AAD implants as they have a tl4 lock and minimum ql of 100?
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Matsuda
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Matsuda » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 am

Randomchance wrote:I take it you are not looking at AAD implants as they have a tl4 lock and minimum ql of 100?
I beleive aad implant of exact ql100 have no tl4 req. But that will be to hard to get in anyway.

I also beleive it is the traders/enforfers you have to wory about. if a MA can reach 130ish AR then an Enf can get higher because he has both weapon buffs and challenger and traders can just drain you and hit you with the health drains too. You wont be able to nuke and they still can nuke you. Im also not sure how much AR low level pets of Mp/Eng have might be usefull to check that.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 am

lowest jobe imps are ql 100 and has tl3 reqs afaik.

the question you need to ask yourself is where your gonna play, if your making it for a selfbuffed tourni or duels than your setup would be good untill you meet with a trader. enforcer witout osbs will have hard time taking down a NT that can root him....

if its for towers then you are good as a leet since youll meet mostly traders...
the problem is not much action going on at level 1 (as i can recall) towers mostly and a NT wont do that good there...

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:52 am

There are no level 1 towers, so you'd have to stick to tournaments/city pvp.

And yes, Goldberg is right, QL 100 jobe imps are TL locked.
Reidstrader - 21 trader twink
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Omglieklazer - 76 doc twink
Reidsmp - Retired 76 mp twink
Reidsagent - 91 Agent twink
Reidscrat - 114 crat twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Reidventurer - 192 adv (220 inc)
Ertist - 220 MA

All omni and on RK1, send me a tell ;D

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 pm

The AAD does not come from implants its from:
vagabond cloak +35
2x Clan Pads +10
2x (title 1) Ring of luck defensive +8

As for where I’ll use it, it just always seems that conversation gets around to lvl 1 twinks. Standing around waiting for BS to go… or in org chat… or wherever. Someone is always like; “I’ve got a lvl 1 twink” and then, of course, it’s on. Also I think twinking at level one is a challenge. I mean it’s actually really hard to get a lvl 1 to be able to cast exp, let alone anything significant. This of course excludes traders and agents, as the major obstacle to squeezing into significant QL implants is NCU. When you can cast BEHE+ Prod str+ ability boost+ SFA+ treat exp+ FG and ES for trickledown and still have PLENTY of NCU left in your 6 slot w/ compiler, then it radically unbalances the environment vs. everyone else w/ a belt of justice and 64 NCU.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:34 pm

lvl 1 is fun - I still have my lvl 1 MP from years ago ^^ although i did "steal" some of his gear for other toons...I can revive him to try you out :D
fyi - I had high level froob friendly SL rings on him to be able to self cast decent pets.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:14 pm

WorldTrader wrote:fyi - I had high level froob friendly SL rings on him to be able to self cast decent pets.
Yeah, filigree are pretty critical when twinking at level 1. Actually, for a non-agent/non-trader, I find a plat ring set with a perfect saphire usefull for the extra NCU it allows. It's like a mini NCU ring for the other finger.

The real pain when twinking at lvl 1 is:
1. Buff for carb, put on carb, saphire, NCU ring, then drop armor buffs
2. Buff for pillows, put on pillows and drop pillow buffs
3. Buff for implants, then switch to medsuit, filigree/end/ess rings and whatever ability buffing armor you need (nova, miy's, nodda, sekutek, kirch etc)
4. Put in imps.

Then just accept that switching from stam to agil is a huge PITA every time you do it while laddering.

On the topic of that evades setup, I put something similar on a lvl 13 NT twink and I was lukewarm on the results. The mobs outside the war academy are lvl 25-35ish and they hit more often than I would like. Of course that was at 100% agg, and I assume toons like a MP could go 100% def if it was just pet fighting. Regardless, I was pretty unimpressed with the results of that armor and I officially no longer wonder about its viability as a setup.

*shrugs* Its like this: if you go with the conventional wisdom then you wind up with the same lame-o cookie cutter twink that everyone else has. If you do something different, it usually sucks. Its just hard for me to accept that very low lvl froob twinks tend to be agent/trader b/c of NCU and at lvl 25-30 froobs tend to be enfos or traders with the occasional BR doc tossed in the mix.

As for the lvl 1 MP, I'd be happy to give it a shot. How big a pet can it self cast? :shock:

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:34 am

uh, my level 1 fixer uses vagabond cloak/clan shoulders/omni evade armor. works great vs low AR profs (docs, mps, crats,) but doesnt do much vs higher AR profs (enfs, advys,)

by the way, about my fixer... has enough nanoskills to cast the first long hot and short hot, but only the nanopool for the short hot. and to do that i have to swap armor. huge bummer. didnt even think about nanopool. she has like 40 hp selfed though, and great evades. i rock the sol-k 94 and 91's. dualled. nice damage and only using ql 14's atm but could go much higher. like 21 or something non oe lol

imo, the best profession to chose at level 1 would be an atrox enfo. forget evades! at this level, what matters is raw damage and AC's. higher health helps too. and as an nt, after a blind and root, your gonna have major nanopool problems. even as a nm with nanopool and max nano each 3x imped. what if someone tanks your first few nukes with oh, idk, a single stim and high enough hp? :/ a stim at this level is like a once every 40 seconds CH.

think of this toon: atrox enfo with 2x ql 25 sharpened kinetic axes. atrox omni special issue armor, shiny band, first token board, imps to around 60, omni shoulders for AAO, and omni modified armed forces training helmet and backpack. you got great AC's, AAO modifier, weaponskills, body dev, what else could you need?

plus, the enfo toolkit opens up real ealry. i did the calcs, and with imps just past 50 and a little bit of armor to swap for the rest, you could cast meatshield, the first 1he buff, the first challenger, and self all the proficiencys. enfo has an easy time with nanoskill imping.

i was actually going to do this myself, im waiting for the motivation lol :P

oh and free movement stims > roots. they can only chainroot so many times before theyre out of nano :P

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 am

yes, enf could work well for level 1 and also MA would be nice to try

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hybridyak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:31 pm

On my old lvl 1 Fixer I worked to build in as much evades as I could using the same principles you are going by, and found that they are reasonably effective. My opponents did miss some of the time. I don't know that it stands up to really high AR... but then that could also be because a Fixer isn't the ideal profession for a lvl 1 twink (as much as I would like it to be!!! fixers FTW!!)

I too had a similar problem with the HoTs Meraimon... enough nano skills to cast and not enough nano arrggh! :laughing8:
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am

My MP build was pretty simplistic.

1) Mind Pain http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=29114 - Available only on noob island. But I had to use a 2nd toon to acquire it because if you acquire it yourself from Brandon you auto level to Level 2.

2) Combat Pet and Heal Pet.

3) Boosted Graft: Feet of Stone

vs. Melee - I would ROOT and pick apart opponents via PET, NUKES, and BOW
vs. Nano dependent opponents - I would rely on getting off NUKES first to gain advantage for the -5 to nanoskills...which is potentially devastating.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:10 am

gonna try and revive this thread really quick. I was pvping on my lvl 1 fixer for the first time in ages, and i came across a solitus enforcer using an oneida razor bow. the fight went something like this:

5...4...3...2...1...fight!
*enforcer uses challenger and uses full alpha, including store bought grenades and a Wen-Wen*
you have lost the duel!

even with all of my evades and fighting full def, he did not miss a shot. it truly is the power of AAO.

also, it seems that he a had a TON of add damage. his wen wen hit for like 35 and his grenades hurt a ton too. it is very possible that he was osb'd.

oh and btw i now have enough nanopool when swapping some armor to cast bot HoT's self. woot woot

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Lassssi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 am

How much hp does one usually have with a fully twinked lvl 1 froobie?
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 am

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=208071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This MP shield gives 20 AAD if you can equip it.
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured