Battlestations at lvl 30

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Battlestations at lvl 30

Post by bronz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Anyone have thoughts on a good lvl 30 froob pvp twink for BS? Seems like BR doc is reasonable since the BR can easily be out of OE at 30. GA fixer is a no-go since the GA would go OE. I tried a MA, and its decent being able to self cast mastery, but it is a few points short of stuffing on GMW, brother’s brass and Kevlar arms so I’m thinking that lvl 32 or so would be the ideal level for a MA. I have a fear forged enfo, but it’s not much better than the lower level fear forged enfos… I was sorta hoping to go with something unusual. Any ideas on what might be viable?

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Battlestations at lvl 30

Post by Goldberg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Level 30 is good for anything that can deal decent alpha since other then enfos and docs most toons dont have *huge* hp... i guess agent/enfo/ma would be my first pick... trader is always a safe bet, the lower you go the safer it gets, but also extremely boring after a while...
agent with full mantis, Cat, end level scope, and gombiz will do well, as for enfo, i've seen the turn spirit weapon do well for froobs, and there is some sort of Solitus only wpn that does well but i have no idea what it was... (too far back for my memory :/)

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Goldberg wrote:and there is some sort of Solitus only wpn that does well but i have no idea what it was... (too far back for my memory :/)
You are talking about the Tangleblade and you are not going to get that on a lvl30 froob.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Goldberg wrote:trader is always a safe bet, the lower you go the safer it gets, but also extremely boring after a while...
Totally agree, I'd like to stay away from that if at all possible

I’ve been thinking about an evades MP using 2x gift of jupiter. I think I can get a lvl 30 MP to cast PM/SI mastery and thus cast Anticipation of Retaliation with only the faded clusters and some trickledown. That would leave the shiny/bright/faded for ts/mc and a decent pet. I can supplement the +def w/ a vag cloak+clan pads+2x ring of luck defense. I’m guessing it would be a minimum of 103AAD+365evade/340dodge in final trim. I’m just not sure how much that plus full def will protect a fragile nanomage vs the heavy hitters in BS… I mean my MA has over 400 AR so, so I think it would just smash it. No sense taking the time to build something that’s just going to get owned. Any thoughts on this? IP is VERY tight on this build.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 am

bronz wrote:I’ve been thinking about an evades MP using 2x gift of jupiter.
Solar guard with either parry stick or howling skull would be better. You are going to have to go full defense to make to make those evades effective no matter what weapons you use so the damage from the gifts don't really help that much. Plus, parry stick gives you a 10% chance of stun with brawl.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

If you want to go with a froob mp, i think you should save the ip on evades and go with dd, throw in a riffle/bow with huge scope and ofc concealment (if you have IPs left then gombiz if possible at 30)

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 am

dont do evades at 30 (for battlestations at least- maybe with gsf and mocham'd pets you can do well at towers but selfed, evades wont do much vs a challenging enf/draining trader/anyone with a nubstick). my 30 nm mp had pretty good evades as a froob with solar guard, but he wasnt a match for... much at all. pvm he was solid but in pvp his only chance was to sneak. all the enfs rolled over me.

at 30, (im assuming froob- so no beaters/perennium ga fixers..?) any trader with a neutrino/battlerod with gumboils will do well, but i guess you dont want trader, so id suggest a battlerod/totw skull enforcer with a good-ish NR setup. pop rage and go full def for a traders drains, hes useless then. 9/10 my 25 enf evades traders, up to level 31's drains that way. (selfed ofc)

OR you could go 30 neutrino soldier and tms tank those enfs :) you'll suck vs traders tho. but vs anyone else, youd be nearly invincible for 30 seconds :)

this is all from froob experience. as a paid toon id imagine youd use dual tiigs or a perennium weapon for any of the professions (soldier looks really promising, FA and burst, tms ftw :))

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

i have actually been recently thinking about making a 25 or 30 MP with either rod or with bow that has both fling and AS.
i had made a 14 MP with dual jupiter aegises but it wasn't quite what i hoped.
for all the things you're talking about being able to do at 30, you can do them easily at 25 (and would thus be a better lvl for a tighter fit), and you can also add HP with dark dreams and such.
to be close to decent, a MP would probably have to be 25 with bow/crossbow for AS and fling, be selfing masteries (pretty easy), and have vagabond, 2x perfectly set rings with opals (+aad), 2x clan pads, coh collar, and prob a set of apoc and miys.

one of my other considerations was a 30 ga1 fix but only weapon a froob has available that really stacks up is dual sleekmasters since being it splits AR, you can get a much higher ql pair of those on (being your smg/burst don't max high enough to get an equivallent pair/single gun that's better). i may still try it, but i would have to be able to find IP to get the ga1 at least 75% oe selfed, and get a pair of ql 100 sleeks, AND kizzers... (also might be funny to throw on some bundle of twisting nerves from coh). and btw it doesn't matter if your GA goes oe since "anything you can IP won't oe" (thereby your evade bonuses aren't lost from OE) and while making my MP with jupiters via a script to see what my total AAD was it seemed as though the AAD on the jupiters didn't oe either, not totally sure if thats accurate though. with a fixer, its not as much a matter of staying alive as it is a matter of being able to follow through with a kill...

i thought also about a 30 soldier (especially since paid they seem to do well) but fact is froobs just don't have any weapons that come close to making that profession as good as with a peren or jame. as a froob sold, i had thought about doing a really high ql bbi gyro or similar gun with FA since at that lvl you can deff self your FA and burst self buffs. might be better at 25 if you could find a ql 50 sol robust (fling and burst).

same as above applies for agent, not nearly as good froob as at least sloob. something like a caterwaul might be ok, but i doubt good enough.

other than those, personally i try to stay away from traders and enfos since they seem to not totally dominate by outstanding performance but just mass of population as it seems most people don't know what else to make. have tried a crat at 30, but it didn't work out well, MA could prob be good, but there really isn't enough evasion and AAD stuff to make it worth it or gear able to be equipped (also not so good with weapons that high up).
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.