lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Post Reply
User avatar
rayje
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:56 am
Location: new jersey :(

lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by rayje » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:34 am

i'm a fairly experienced froob twinker, but i have never really fallen in line with the "trader or nothing" concept for lowbie towers, but i have figured that i want to have at least one so i'm making it 14 being i see that as the most appropriate lvl range...
i'm thinkin at least around ql 80 imps, a combo of miys and storm carb, the typical accessories, and a 45 pump that i have. (and it will be opi)

i was just kindof wondering what things are possible on a trader this lvl that i might not be aware of, since i obviously have the implant and armor configured in my head (such as hud/util, and ncu).
i'm not sure but i don't think it will be possible to even get a 5 slot on since after doing calcs even if i could cast bulk trader it won't be enough to get me more than a 4 slot.

please advise with any tips i should know about, ty all :P
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:29 am

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by Lassssi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 am

Hi,

If you want to go with pump, be sure to wear tim scope from foremans, otherwise you'll be too slow to kill anyone with hnq.
Also with pump I would heavily recommend a setup where when drained you could use kizzermole gumboils.

Would be quite nice if you would get that 6-slotter on, the nano init from nano recompiler is really handy.
Depending your laddering skills & available equipment, higher than 80 implants are possible.

If you happen to be in rk2, feel free to contanct any of my chars for more detailled information.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by Goldberg » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 pm

ql 160 is the lowest 6 slotter

Cl needed : 351

a level 14 Opifex Trader with base skills and CL maxed has 66 Cl base (without trickle-downs!)
+20 expertise
+160 Bulk trader
+80 from ql 70 imps
+20 Beyer
+6 omni grey suit full set
---------------------
352
and i didnt include trickle-down and the followings: Senior Omni Intern-Op Coat//Head Skinchip//Focus-Funneling Helpers//Computer Literacy Tutoring Device
(you can also use rings of pre, but figured you will have to use NCU rings for stacking all the buffs to cast bulk trader, although you can cast it and then swap... so +2 more cl from those rings)
hope this helps.

EDTA
Moderaidtor
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am
Location: Belgium

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by EDTA » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am

Well, the FA on the beyer might be a bit hard to get, but there is enough other suggestions that should get you there...

The only thing I can add to Goldberg's suggestions requires you to be really rich or have some great friends... The Pioneer Backpack. This can be used to use a higher ql tutoring device (and to get Focus-Funneling helper(s) on). These sweeties go for more then 1B though, so don't count on it.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

User avatar
rayje
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:56 am
Location: new jersey :(

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by rayje » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 am

Lassssi wrote:Hi,

If you want to go with pump, be sure to wear tim scope from foremans, otherwise you'll be too slow to kill anyone with hnq.
Also with pump I would heavily recommend a setup where when drained you could use kizzermole gumboils.

Would be quite nice if you would get that 6-slotter on, the nano init from nano recompiler is really handy.
Depending your laddering skills & available equipment, higher than 80 implants are possible.

If you happen to be in rk2, feel free to contanct any of my chars for more detailled information.
i got the tim scope on, i have yet to fully flex what my highest drains are (after having finished final imps) so i don't know yet if i can use kizzers, but pretty much without them i'll never be able to kill anyone, and i seriously tried to get the 6 slot to happen but it just wasn't (and i love having a recompiler myself when possible).... i got ql 80s all around though with the exception of the eye and chest.
Goldberg wrote:ql 160 is the lowest 6 slotter

Cl needed : 351

a level 14 Opifex Trader with base skills and CL maxed has 66 Cl base (without trickle-downs!)
+20 expertise
+160 Bulk trader
+80 from ql 70 imps
+20 Beyer
+6 omni grey suit full set
---------------------
352
and i didnt include trickle-down and the followings: Senior Omni Intern-Op Coat//Head Skinchip//Focus-Funneling Helpers//Computer Literacy Tutoring Device
(you can also use rings of pre, but figured you will have to use NCU rings for stacking all the buffs to cast bulk trader, although you can cast it and then swap... so +2 more cl from those rings)
hope this helps.
i am aware of the lowest ql 6 slot (since i roll them constantly for cred), and i know about all the buffs you listed but what you apparently overlooked is that...
1) there is no possible way for a 14 of any kind to get the full auto req of a beyer being there's no buffs at all for froobs.
2) my calcs after mochs, expertises, 131, imps and drains was still not enough to get bulk trader and was off by about 120-130 points on both skills. and that's assuming i could get the ncu for all those.

i really tried though :)
EDTA wrote:Well, the FA on the beyer might be a bit hard to get, but there is enough other suggestions that should get you there...

The only thing I can add to Goldberg's suggestions requires you to be really rich or have some great friends... The Pioneer Backpack. This can be used to use a higher ql tutoring device (and to get Focus-Funneling helper(s) on). These sweeties go for more then 1B though, so don't count on it.
^ditto!
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by Goldberg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am

rayje wrote:1) there is no possible way for a 14 of any kind to get the full auto req of a beyer being there's no buffs at all for froobs.
pistol and burst are easy (EP from Engi, Riot Control from sol and your done)

Base FA:16, Fa needed: 161
+20 experties
+80 from ql 70 imps (can do little higher since its the wrist and the arm, but nvm)

now for trickle-downs
Fa is effected 60% str and 40% sta
+27 both from behe
+12 boosts
+40 str from PS
+27 sta + 17 str from ql 50 imps (can go way higher on these, i think 70, but we settle for 50)
------------
96 str and 66 sta
= + 21 FA from trickle down
----------------------------
Total of 137 FA with zero ip invested. now you can wear some armor parts for more trickle down, all in all it comes down to about 24 or less ips you invest in FA to gain 20 in Cl... seems like a fair trade in my eyes (at this level you most likely will end up with lots of spare IPs, and take in mind its a level locked toon so why not make a use of the spare ips?)
rayje wrote:2) my calcs after mochs, expertises, 131, imps and drains was still not enough to get bulk trader and was off by about 120-130 points on both skills. and that's assuming i could get the ncu for all those.
was able to cast trade mogul without the luxuries of expensive gear at 21(like that ubar back pack or expo pillows or Sl rings) im sure you can cast bulk trader on 14 (without too much effort), but im too tired to run the numbers here, it will be easier if you tell me what your trying to do and ill see if i can maybe help.

User avatar
rayje
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:56 am
Location: new jersey :(

Re: lvl 14 froob trader twink (towers)

Post by rayje » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:28 pm

well as it turns out, i in the end was able to cast bulk, but it was super flippin hard...
needed to use PM and SI infuses instead of mochs, and 1hr comp nano and atts, and a 131 to drain and the fixer +10 ncu perk to make it all fit along with 2 ncu implants and full suit of storm and miy's... not to mention needing to use the eye implant for PM/TS to cast so i was beat about 24 CL after casting... so aggravating...
mind you this is all including the normal coh collar and ncu ring and such... i now have a 5 slot belt with 4x ql 122 ncus and a cpu upgrade for -cost% (ql 125 ncus were best i could get but couldn't find any and didn't have time to camp shops- i lose a net of 4 ncu) which i am happy with...

final armor ended up being a combo of miy's and storm carb, and the pump went on easy... all the imps are 70 (agil based) to 80 (stam based) and i am now pretty satisfied with the toon, only drawback is on account of the cost reducer i have to drain with infuses instead of mochs if i want to fit things like gsf, hot and drains...

thanks all for advices, and now "on to the next one, on to the next one..." next will prob be a 14 enfo, keep an eye on the boards...
(yes i have a problem, and it is called a twinking addiction- every one i make is like a work of art to me :D)
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

Post Reply