Understanding Tower Bonuses/Org Contracts

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Understanding Tower Bonuses/Org Contracts

Post by dredd » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

I've been reading up on this a bit recently, trying to grasp this whole untapped area (by me anyway :)). I'm currently reworking a lvl 60 twink and am hoping to max everything out. I think I'm getting some idea of how it all works, but there are a couple things I'm still a bit unclear on.

Org Contracts: I've found some good info on Anarchy Arcanum and AO Universe- if someone can confirm my understanding on this. According to this you can have up to three org contracts for each Control Tower you have- which can have a combined total of two times the QL of the tower. So, for example, if an org has a QL150 CT, they can have up to three contracts with a total of 300QL. Suppose we put in one contract- a QL300 Medical Expertise contract which gives +36 Treatment (and First Aid). Does this give +36 to all characters in the org at all levels? ie: if someone walks off noob island at level 1 and joins the org, will that toon have +36 to his Treatment? Or, does it scale to the level of the toon, like City advantages? That's pretty nuts if it works at all levels- that can be a huge difference in a low level toon. QL300 Health Pump= 20 stamina/36 body dev...

Tower Bonuses: I think I get most of the mechanics of planting a tower, such as the tower being in the proper level range for the field etc... I am having a hard time figuring out what level of tower I could plant with a given level toon. Also from AO Universe I see that there are towers for some very handy skills/abilities :). Some of them tell what the requirements are and some do not. So, for my lvl 60 Enforcer while working on implants, it would be nice to plant a QL300 tower for Treatment or Melee skills, but I rather doubt that would work. Is there some formula I'm missing to determine what QL I can plant? Or, if there is a nice explanation of this that I've missed, a link to that would be greatly appreciated :).

Incidentally- in light of this information, I may be looking for a friendly Omni org on RK1 with some org contracts/towers, that I'd be interested in joining with my little Enforcer and/or some alts for a while. I'd be happy to help out at towers etc... if that should come up :). My main org is quite small and it's tricky to keep towers for very long when they get attacked when I'm at work/sleeping/eating etc.. :).

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Understanding Tower Bonuses/Org Contracts

Post by WeeScotsman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes you're right the org contracts scale to level.

In terms of towers...planting is dependant on your own skills,so as a level 60 trying to plant a ql 300 tower you may be in for a bit of a shock.

skills required for ql300 guardian of corruption tower : TL6,Computer Literacy 1800,nano programming 1000

skills required for ql159 guardian of corruption(highest TL3) : TL3, CL 636, NP 398.

If you meet the skills then you can plant in the appropriate tower field range.

I'm unsure about towers with hidden requirements.

Martek
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Martek » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Just to add to the mention that the tower contract bennies scale - they also show you how much you are getting at your level; and the total you would get at max level (via /org contract), so it's easy to compare your current with the future max.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 am

What the others said. I'd like to add that there is no towers without requirements, there just are different entries in the database... The Guardian Conductor of Juggling you mentioned can more correctly be seen here: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=203039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ,which does include the requirements...
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dredd » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks for the replies, this is a lot clearer now. So- any Omni orgs on RK1 with higher towers/contracts open to inviting a toon (or more) to your org for a while- or possibly some kind of permanent exchange program? :). I'd be happy to help out at towers or whatever- looking to get back into towers more anyway..

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:36 am

dredd wrote:Thanks for the replies, this is a lot clearer now. So- any Omni orgs on RK1 with higher towers/contracts open to inviting a toon (or more) to your org for a while- or possibly some kind of permanent exchange program? :). I'd be happy to help out at towers or whatever- looking to get back into towers more anyway..
Good luck. I think there might be 1-2 omni orgs right now with tl5 towers and that's as high as it gets until they get their butts in gear.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 am

just to clarify (but i think you realized) the "do not" link you posted was the actual wear item for the DB (the tower's IP/skills) which is why it doesn't show reqs (read description to tell diff)...

i have a couple things i would be interested in knowing and confirming myself...
1) when you have a bunch of org contracts in the holder, the only ones that are active are the non-grayed ones correct?
2) how can you tell if you are getting aoe bonuses from a tower? (if you're in range, and currently getting the mods) and someone told me at one point that when you are defending, being teamed with a member of the org being attacked allows you to get the aoe friendly mods from their towers...(in such a case where the org doesn't have anyone online/at all to defend)
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 am

rayje wrote:just to clarify (but i think you realized) the "do not" link you posted was the actual wear item for the DB (the tower's IP/skills) which is why it doesn't show reqs (read description to tell diff)...

i have a couple things i would be interested in knowing and confirming myself...
1) when you have a bunch of org contracts in the holder, the only ones that are active are the non-grayed ones correct?
2) how can you tell if you are getting aoe bonuses from a tower? (if you're in range, and currently getting the mods) and someone told me at one point that when you are defending, being teamed with a member of the org being attacked allows you to get the aoe friendly mods from their towers...(in such a case where the org doesn't have anyone online/at all to defend)

1) correct. you don't get bonuses from the grayed out ones.
2) There is no visual indicator, unless they ninja implemented (like they have been doing in the last couple patches). The best you could do is check your personal skills.

btw...there is only ONE contract but it increases in QL the more control towers you have.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:38 am

WorldTrader wrote: btw...there is only ONE contract but it increases in QL the more control towers you have.
there can be... only one? (lol) last i looked, when i do /org contract i see 9 diff contracts in the box, of them 3 are highlighted...
i don't understand what you meant by that last line... O.o
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 am

rayje wrote:
WorldTrader wrote: btw...there is only ONE contract but it increases in QL the more control towers you have.
there can be... only one? (lol) last i looked, when i do /org contract i see 9 diff contracts in the box, of them 3 are highlighted...
i don't understand what you meant by that last line... O.o
Sorry for the confusion, I considered the BOX the "contract" and the parts inside to be contract details. The number of contract details could be anything as long as the total QL adds up to be less than or equal to x2 of the QL of all control towers your org possess.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah