Clan dominates towers?

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
burnemwood
Rookie
Rookie

Clan dominates towers?

Post by burnemwood » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Pretty simple topic -- apologies if it comes off as blunt and/or ignorant:

I started back up again recently and from the look of things, Clan is dominating the tower game. Is this the norm?

aonuwboi
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Clan dominates towers?

Post by aonuwboi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

mostly clans do control notum wars but i've seen some omni's makeing a come-back with low lvl twinks and neuts are geting bolder in tower battles too
let's hope the flame wars don't start here #-o

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 am

Clan domination of RK1 towers is a recent-ish development. Omni had dominated towers and Tarasque on RK1... oh... about last year or so. I don't know if this is the way things are now or not, but every so often Omni knocks down the Clan side XP a bit, so I think the struggle goes on. :)

I don't know about RK2, since I've never rolled a toon there before.

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 pm

generally on rk2 clans do dominate, but they get lazy...
and during some periods omnis do start hittin back really hard all very well coordinated, and then either make neut orgs or get neuts to plant them just so people think twice about attacking them... lately though, clans have started to get wiser and realize that sadly most of the neut orgs on rk2 are just omni players in disguise...
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 pm

On RK1, the major Omni orgs who previously dominated the Notum Wars apparently have dwindled into inactivity. Without their presence, the Clan have been able to conquer towers with little to no opposition. The clan have remained very well coordinated with multiple organizations involved in zergs.

On a related observation about the markets, I've noticed that my Omni buyers have noticeably declined over the past year or so. Typically I've known Omni players to be from the USA, and Clan players to be from Europe. It could be that the US players have slowly lost interest in the game. While Europeans have remained interested. It is also a fairly common situation that when friends leave an MMO, the person will likely lost interest in AO...and this has a domino effect. This is my theory for why Clan are currently dominating the world.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:09 am

it's funny because on rk2 when omnis strike they're very well coordinated between multiple orgs, but when it's clan they're all very scattered and it's usually only one person at a time unless it's tl7...
unfortunately the laziness of clan pvpers or lack of wanting to assist in towers drives me insane... mainly because i am usually that one person anywhere under tl3...
i would say clan have about 2/3 of towers in rk2 and that's only really due to it seeming like clan has more people and coordination for tl5+ while lacking under tl3 and although we do still win those about 40% of the time (since we seem to have a few really good twinkers), i haven't seen many other clans in tl 1 or 2 at any point in the past year...

and btw, i'm not sure the continental observation is accurate... i know that there are allot of clans from the US and europe, but as one might expect "typically" they're usually from countries where society is oppressive (a psychological backlash) whereas i see more omnis coming from countries that are more loose like canada... at least that's my breakdown for rk2...

and yeh there definitely is a domino effect at work here, and in the US people treat allot of games like a flavor of the month (side effect of the society) and people seem to get bored somewhat easily... the US has allot of dedicated players but not nearly as many as europe, largely because as an effect of their societies they are much more likely to dig deeper into a game and see it for what it is than to just drop it after a couple weeks...
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.