36 doc evade twink setup

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

36 doc evade twink setup

Post by meraimon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 pm

hey ive been thinking about this twink for a while, he would be mainly for duels and just fun, heres my setup so far:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=151774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hes based around mostly evades, and casting the highest heals/DoT's he can for his level. hes a nanomage froob.
the implants arent decided yet, i put a goal ql and everything i wanted in them, ignoring requirements.

i figure he should do well in duels, or in fights where the other person doesnt have HnQ.

his only sources of damage will be the DoT's, nukes, totw rings, maybe gumboils if possible, and MAYBE combined MA attacks if its possible with dual parry sticks.

tell me what you think :)

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 36 doc evade twink setup

Post by flyingengi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:41 pm

I won't raid on your party as of yet...I'll let everybody else tell you what they think first.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Rdord
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Rdord » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 pm

the short answer is no.
Rdord engineer RK1 Equipment Dream Equipment
Iamsotroxy Equipment
Drdord Equipment <--setup when i was froob pvper
Australian Motorcycle News

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

Flying, Rdord, try be a little more helpful please :)
Personally, I don't pvp so I don't really see the (apperently obvious?) flaws with this design.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Matsuda
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Matsuda » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:55 am

Let me add a few points i think can be improved.
Teh parry stick won't do any dmg, since you will be at 0% agg probably, the DoT's you can cast at your level ill be doing around will be Refined Nano Contagion and Seethe with Germs ar something around there, in pvp they will do 8 dmg/sec combined.
The only dmg you have left then are your nukes. If you compare Gouge Flesh: Inflicts 142-289 points of melee-based damage. with weapons other proffessions will have on at that level it just sucks.
Evades are ok i think but i know my level 31 paid agent has ~500 AR so i wonder if you will evade that much at all.

Now some possible improvements:
if you can get 300 intel for the Shapeshifter's Vest you might wanna try to get VTE's on. As a back piece i would choose Nelebs nano robe with 400AC, 15 nano skills and -1% nano cost over the 35AAD you get with vagebond.

I haven't used my doc for pvp alot so if i'm wrong on any of these points plz correct me.

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hybridyak » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 am

I'm wondering why lvl 33 specifically?
While the evade buffs on the Parry Sticks are nice, I think there's way too many skills you need to raise for them to be worth it. With all the skills in that you won't be able to max enough other important skills a Doctor *should* have, let alone evade skills as well. You'd be better off just going straight fists.

A quick workup of a 33 NM Doc with the buffs from that setup shows under 400 Evade and Dodge each, if you were to max those skills (which is highly doubtful). That won't be enough to be really 'evadey' versus the AR of your likely opponents.

The setup isn't really working on a Doctor's strengths. However at such a low level those strengths don't really shine anyway... the kind of BM and MM you can get doesn't allow the casting of any kind of heal approaching real awesome, nor can you cast any DoT's worth a damn. This is just a straight up truth about Doctor's at this level.

Ah some things I've written I see just mentioned in the post before. Anyhoo... apart from all roads leading to 'roll Trader' which I despise...
If you could figure out better ways to twink much more nano skills and get into some decent healing, you'll have better success with this profession than trying to be evadey, which is something Doctor's don't really have the luxury of being good at. I'd also go for 49 or something, at least a toon that level has a purpose and can be more on par with the other toons of that level... 33 does not seem like a good level to be at.
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 am

I think you should consider a GA1/2 fixer instead (seems that evades+heals is what your after) you wont be doing much with that setup, maybe can duel some decent froob twinks, or untwinke expentions players.
Your best bet as a froob doc would be high HP with neleb rod.

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 am

I tried a similar kind of set up on a 24 atrox doc....had about 450 evades. He tears up the subway....can use the temple book and can stand toe to toe and destroy Abmouth, (can't remember if he can use shoulderstoo)pretty impressive.

PVP not so good ..his damage is melee...and although he has some adddmg gear...the good twinks are scrambling for as much melee AC as they can after Neleb rod arrived. Fighting full def makes his damage crawl(slow parry sticks) although Blessed with thunder helps alot . Nukes (bleh) trox ,so small nano pool. Lets not mention roots ;)s

At best he's good once every 15 minutes.

Debuff(hope it beats NR check :( ) ..hit pads...brawl/Blessed with Thunder/dotring/...heal...heal (watch your nano pool hit 0 as neleb rod does its work)....decide whether to BwT again or use Flower of Life...stim...heal...Holy Book...Dance victorious or kiss your opponents feet.

As was said before I'd try a GA fixer ...seems pretty effective against Neleb rod (they only get 20 nano back when they miss you Doh).

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:10 pm

id like to delete this thread now haha

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Saavick wrote:Flying, Rdord, try be a little more helpful please :)
Personally, I don't pvp so I don't really see the (apperently obvious?) flaws with this design.
When it comes to PvP threads, I have learned not to tell people how bad of an idea it is because they usually get defensive.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:18 pm

im thinking, maybe if i dropped the level to maybe 21, lost the fracture nightmare rings and the SSV, maybe got the omni evade items (special issue intern-op?) and used the combined MA attaks to their full extent, like flower of life/that one DoT (not sure what its called) this guy could be pretty awesome in duels. maybe even at towers with the DoTs, buffed with rrfe/hnq/gsf id be pretty unkillable (except by maybe a trader with noobrod, mochies, bt, and kizzers.... so every trader level 20-30 out there xD

but still, im considering making this twink... would be good fun to divert from my regular high AC, high damage, high hp atrox toons....

i feel like id piss some people off by killing them with dots/ma attacks/totw rings lol