Reids out.

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
reids
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Reids out.

Post by reids » Sun May 09, 2010 9:04 am

^ Yup,

If you're planning on making a toon like mine, try to conserve IP as much as possible in getting the manta on, I used pretty much every item that gave me VG to get it on as possible:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=208009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (can't remember whether I used 2 or not though)
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=205823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=164980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IP was the hardest part about that char.
Reidstrader - 21 trader twink
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Omglieklazer - 76 doc twink
Reidsmp - Retired 76 mp twink
Reidsagent - 91 Agent twink
Reidscrat - 114 crat twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Reidventurer - 192 adv (220 inc)
Ertist - 220 MA

All omni and on RK1, send me a tell ;D

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

Post by frubs » Sat May 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I have always wanted to twink like reids, he was one of the first people that impressed me by hanging out in West Athen on reidsangry several years ago when my first toon was in the subway. ^_^ If I ever have time to play seriously (i.e., more than 3 hours a week!), I'll have to see if I can get his advice on twinking a good toon, probably TL3 or TL4, and then we can gank some towers together ;D

Really, I'm quite impressed by all the twinks. I've seen quite a few of reids's twinks perform very well, although most of the ones I remember aren't on this list (because I haven't played much for a couple years), reidsmp, reidsangry...

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:36 pm

frubs wrote:I have always wanted to twink like reids, he was one of the first people that impressed me by hanging out in West Athen on reidsangry several years ago when my first toon was in the subway. ^_^ If I ever have time to play seriously (i.e., more than 3 hours a week!), I'll have to see if I can get his advice on twinking a good toon, probably TL3 or TL4, and then we can gank some towers together ;D

Really, I'm quite impressed by all the twinks. I've seen quite a few of reids's twinks perform very well, although most of the ones I remember aren't on this list (because I haven't played much for a couple years), reidsmp, reidsangry...
Reidsmp is back equipped now as well (replacing the doc). http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=157588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is his finished setup.

Reidsangry will also be coming back soon, but instead of his old setup (level 26, tiig beater + AI hammer), he's now gonna be the first person on RK1 (dunno if it's been done on RK2 or not) to have duel tiigs @ 30 :)
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Ertist - 220 MA

Martialenfo
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Martialenfo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:08 am

Been done atleast 3 times on RK 2 that I've seen. Apparently a lvl 21 has done it but I assume that was sploited as no matter what I calc I'm 40-50 off equipping. 25-27 would appear to be the lowest possible to me.

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

Post by frubs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 am

Don't forget the Neut back item! ;)

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Martialenfo wrote:Been done atleast 3 times on RK 2 that I've seen. Apparently a lvl 21 has done it but I assume that was sploited as no matter what I calc I'm 40-50 off equipping. 25-27 would appear to be the lowest possible to me.
That's why I said on RK1, never seen it on RK1 before :)
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Ertist - 220 MA

Martialenfo
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Martialenfo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

You also said you didn't know if it had been done on RK2 so I just thought I'd let you know. Anyway with those dual beaters are you going for gumboils by any chance?

Sneaknpeak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sneaknpeak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:17 am

reids wrote:This is a largely generic TL2 trader, he's imped for nanoskills and to get AS recharge down (I think his recharge is about 25s or so, can't remember exactly). He uses gumboils after 2 drains (although I go around pre-drained a lot so normally can use them straight away). He uses CSS and an Arbalest.
Hey Reids/everyone :)
Think ive seen you on this trader once or so near a towerfield but thats rather long time ago. Cuirus if its still effective even without predains and what ql implants you managed to put in to get AS to 25ish sec. I kinda like this one, since its not like the other Battle-rod traders out there! Whats your experience with battles against those who use the Rod? Do you root em at first or just get those drains going as fast as possible and then hope the rod wont hurt 2much after first drain :P? Also do u know if Abalest could be done on a froob?(an still be effective) I doubt it, without the aiarmor and other benefits while twinking?

GJ on the other twinks aswell but you allrdy know that :P

cheers

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:33 am

Sneaknpeak wrote:
reids wrote:This is a largely generic TL2 trader, he's imped for nanoskills and to get AS recharge down (I think his recharge is about 25s or so, can't remember exactly). He uses gumboils after 2 drains (although I go around pre-drained a lot so normally can use them straight away). He uses CSS and an Arbalest.
Hey Reids/everyone :)
Think ive seen you on this trader once or so near a towerfield but thats rather long time ago. Cuirus if its still effective even without predains and what ql implants you managed to put in to get AS to 25ish sec. I kinda like this one, since its not like the other Battle-rod traders out there! Whats your experience with battles against those who use the Rod? Do you root em at first or just get those drains going as fast as possible and then hope the rod wont hurt 2much after first drain :P? Also do u know if Abalest could be done on a froob?(an still be effective) I doubt it, without the aiarmor and other benefits while twinking?

GJ on the other twinks aswell but you allrdy know that :P

cheers
The AS recharge must be a type, looking at the AS needed for 25s recharge, there was no way I had that. I think 35 is much more sensible :p

I was always predrained at towers (any trader should be predrained whilst at towers!). It was an average toon, even against froob rod twinks it suffered, i'd use something else if I were to go down the ranged route again. It certainly can be done on a froob, I believe Groumf on these forums has a level 27 froob with one on (not sure of QL)
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Ertist - 220 MA

Sneaknpeak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sneaknpeak » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:22 am

reids wrote:The AS recharge must be a type, looking at the AS needed for 25s recharge, there was no way I had that. I think 35 is much more sensible :p
I was always predrained at towers (any trader should be predrained whilst at towers!). It was an average toon, even against froob rod twinks it suffered, i'd use something else if I were to go down the ranged route again. It certainly can be done on a froob, I believe Groumf on these forums has a level 27 froob with one on (not sure of QL)
I havent seen you ingame for a long time Reids, did you afterall leave the rubi-ka life behinde :)? Personally i just came back from a 7 month's break and im still considdering paying for my account after the free holiday offer expires. You mentioned that you would go with alternatives to the range weap mentioned, but do you have something in mind ? i cant see a better alternative atm, blaster from Steps dont do quite as good i guess?..

WTB you back in the game and help me at towers and if not enjoy RL ;)

Cheers

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 am

Last I saw reids in game he was using alt toons I've never seen before. :glasses2:
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Sneaknpeak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sneaknpeak » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 am

WorldTrader wrote:Last I saw reids in game he was using alt toons I've never seen before. :glasses2:
Lets hope he drops a msg with alt names here on forum then :)

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 am

I'm still around!

Just haven't had the chance to play much recently. I'll be back properly in a couple of weeks :)

And soon after i'll be shooting clans up with a new twink :)

In regards to the ranged weapon, i'd choose something with both AS and at least one other special (such as a razorback: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=249820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or maybe go for an alpha setup by using an ofab hawk + onehander (would be quite effective with Shutdown Skills)
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Ertist - 220 MA