Low Level Tower Twink

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Low Level Tower Twink

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:34 am

My org has a level 20 tower field (that is the control tower level), and I wanted to create a defender. My main problem is that I know nothing at all about PvP!

First off, I have actually created a level 24 Doc with Neleb's Nightmare Rod, and he's pretty good PvM. This was really just a proof of concept, and I would be quite happy to try something different. I have a few fairly basic questions: --

What is the ideal level for a toon to defend a level 20 field? indeed, is there an ideal level? At a higher level, you have a better toon, but the enemy might come along with lower level toons that I cannot touch.

Is there an ideal type of Toon this purpose? it strikes me that a trader with Neleb's Nightmare Rod might be a force to be reckoned with. On the other hand, if everybody turns up with traders, there is probably a gap in the market for something else.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Low Level Tower Twink

Post by Goldberg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 pm

If you dont mind skiping on the fun factor, then a trader is what you want, basicly because its an osb fight, who is more obed will win, nothing more to it... this level is kinda boring too imo, either tiig enfos/agents/traders, which all are the exact same copy of thier peers.
"hf" ;)

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:40 am

You say "Lowbie PvP", you said "Trader". You may not even realize it yet, but you just said "Trader" anyway. There's a reason everyone shows up with traders for it - They're extremely overkill at low levels for just about any prof. So ahm, trader trader trader. Prepare to look just like every single other lowbie PvP twink there is.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:14 pm

And the reason that traders are used is because they can get massive NCU at lower levels. Period. The trader itself at that level is not that impressive a prof without OSBs. In /duels I find that traders at this level generally try some version of drain followed by root and shoot because their damage potential and HP are too low to slug it out. Common weapons are the overpriced and underperforming pump master/trainee or the ubiquitous Battlerod which highlights the fact that traders are NOT enforcers and lack the AR to wield it effectively (as headcracker’s +46> what is lost after Deprive Skills Lesser lands) also traders can not drain below the lowest mongo, thus giving lots of healing and + HP potential to the enfo.

Also typically a /duel oriented lvl 20 will choose dream mesh circuit and 5x dark dreams for the HP, while a lvl 20 tower trader who is OSB oriented goes for the 6 slot and thus has 350 less HP.

However Goldberg is 100% right about OSB fights. With OSBs the trader can hold Mochams and have take advantage of massive drains, cast stronger roots and use weapons which are much higher QL (OE before the divest and plunder nano lines land). The only other prof that can come close to the traders NCU potential (thus the OSB potential, and thus the pvp potential) is agent and that only by using False Profession: Trader to get into the belts and mem. A typical lvl 20 trader would have a 6 slot belt and at least ql 150 memory (264). Compared to a typical non-trader at that level who’s best is GCB + 5x Memory Loop (180). Any prof can also augment its NCU w/ outdated wrist implants, and +NCU armor.

And then there is the gumboils…

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 am

Since you said it would be used for defence my first choice would be a trader as well. When defending you'll have the advantage of being able to attack him first (presuming you find him before the suppression gas runs out). Open up with a drain and most of the time you've won anyway.

I'd most likely use the noob rod.
Reidstrader - 21 trader twink
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Omglieklazer - 76 doc twink
Reidsmp - Retired 76 mp twink
Reidsagent - 91 Agent twink
Reidscrat - 114 crat twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Reidventurer - 192 adv (220 inc)
Ertist - 220 MA

All omni and on RK1, send me a tell ;D

REplayzor
Fresh
Fresh
Location: = /me is hiding somwhere in corner of the *Exclusive NightClubs* ^_^ =

Post by REplayzor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Trader trader...they have their own charms but i would vote for fp agent wouldnt it be more deadly combo?

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm

REplayzor wrote:Trader trader...they have their own charms but i would vote for fp agent wouldnt it be more deadly combo?
The drawbacks of FP are so big at that level that it becomes pretty useless.

Self Modify Nano cost modifier 150
Self Modify Nano range -50
Self Modify Nano interrupt chance 75
Self Modify Sensory improvement -25
Self Modify Matter metamorphosis -25
Self Modify Biological metamorphosis -25
Self Modify Psychological modifications -25
Self Modify Matter creation -25
Self Modify Time and space -25
Self Modify Nano init -2000
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

REplayzor
Fresh
Fresh
Location: = /me is hiding somwhere in corner of the *Exclusive NightClubs* ^_^ =

Post by REplayzor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:08 pm

flyingengi wrote:
REplayzor wrote:Trader trader...they have their own charms but i would vote for fp agent wouldnt it be more deadly combo?

U got the point ok i admit i did mistake now it looks like im fool...well then if not agent how about good healer prof decent to tank?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:11 pm

REplayzor wrote:
flyingengi wrote:

U got the point ok i admit i did mistake now it looks like im fool...well then if not agent how about good healer prof decent to tank?
Did you read the earlier post which explained the importance of NCU and a trader's ability to equip high Ql NCU's?
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

REplayzor
Fresh
Fresh

Post by REplayzor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Saavick wrote: Did you read the earlier post which explained the importance of NCU and a trader's ability to equip high Ql NCU's?
Ok i admit here i havent read everything but i know very well how important NCU is! Im actually doing the same thing currently im short on some agi/treatment still nevertheless im stuck with the twinking im not at stage though i havent twinked collar yet but i have it...now ban me because im doing something same as others -> just kidding here...well can anyone borrow me or sell a pepper pistol...still imho certain skill imps are more important than having large NCUs it leads into OSB...but some people are insisting to selfbuff anyway they wont survive the battle long even expansion players kidding again but its been tested and confirmed no please dont take me this post 2 seriously! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:39 pm

REplayzor wrote:but some people are insisting to selfbuff anyway they wont survive the battle long even expansion players
I have a little enfo that would beg to differ ^^

I would suggest lvl30 NR tiig enfo...but since this is froob I would have to either go with either a noob rod trader using kizzers or a noob rod/FFB enfo using rage in NR setup.
Facebook

REplayzor
Fresh
Fresh

Post by REplayzor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

U say mortiig enfos arent those sloobs?

Okay i would like to redo something, but leave it as it is anyway, i though about agents first cause they have their Aim Shot skill, ok is there any ways for us that we could switch trader with idk lets say perhaps advys...

???

=P~ >.< =P~

to flyingengi -->
flyingengi wrote:Sure...if you want to basically suck.
If i would suck, using different proff. and/or any other players ... then i should ask what FC would think about it?
Last edited by REplayzor on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

REplayzor wrote:U say mortiig enfos arent those sloobs?
flyingengi wrote:I would suggest lvl30 NR tiig enfo...but since this is froob
Which means I would suggest a tiig enfo if that was for a paid account.
REplayzor wrote:ok is there any ways for us that we could switch trader with idk lets say perhaps advys...
Sure...if you want to basically suck.
Facebook