My 150 Soldier

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Deathgiggle
Rookie
Rookie

My 150 Soldier

Post by Deathgiggle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am

Hello, recently ive frozen all my paid accounts and got into a soldier, i decided that i wanted a 150 PVP soldier, i was thinking of a Blinded Blackbird + One Hander however alot of people have said i shouldnt, the other HUGE lot of people said soldier sucks for this but oh well :p
Now my problem is selection of weapons, equipment shouldnt be that hard to deal with once iv decided on guns, but i never really digged into any high lvl pvp froob or paid, never going past 80 on the pvp toons ive had.
Suggestions ive had so far were mostly BBB + Shotgun or just AR hotswaps...
Made the post looking for help with weapons and maybe even a specific playstyle

-Deathgiggle

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: My 150 Soldier

Post by Briandmg » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 am

Well first, I would recommend you take a look at the soldier section of my guide. The guide itself is for level 200 froobs, but a good portion of it applies to your situation as well:

http://www.aofroobs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few thoughts:
The main reason your soldier won't be best in PvP is that he'll be very susceptible to roots, snares and kiting. One good root will last about half the duration of your TMS. If you were paid, this wouldn't be such a huge problem since you would have the new root-break nano.

BBB + Onehander is probably the way to go. The Hellfury guns are level locked, and you don't have much else of a choice. Your damage won't be great since onehanders don't have the best AS out there. Also, if you're into BS, don't expect to hit anyone much with your regular attacks :P

If you still want to carry out this toon, you should familiarise yourself with the anti-kite formula (see guide above). For playstyles, check out the soldier section of part 3 of the guide to figure out how to play against each class.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 am

rather than a BBB, you can opt for Diamondine kick pistol (if you are atrox- you should probably be atrox anyways). Soldiers have access to pistol and shotgun buffs but have none for SMG. It would be slower but with higher AR and a strong flingshot, better crits. Dual it with onehander for aimedshot, higher AR on that onehander.

otherwise i suppose a turnspirit assault rifle that you swap with a Supernova for Aimedshot would be pretty strong as well. never underestimate the strength of having both Full Auto and Aimedshot.

EDIT: with a sick add damage setup, you could make a Bigburger offhand work well with a kick pistol (if you would rather have FA than AS... Only significant benefits to that would be absolving your need to use the Targeting Scope, and it would be stronger in PvM/raids).

ZombehArmeh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZombehArmeh » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:00 pm

For those interested in doing a tl5 soldier setup I actually did a setup a while ago on auno:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=187053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit over the top but you can replace some of the more expensive/rare stuff for stuff at your disposal. It has a quick and hard hitting FA and a lot of AR. :D
Dagger 220/30/70 Shade
Canidae 170/0/0 Adventurer

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:48 pm

ZombehArmeh wrote:.. tl5 soldier...
This is definitly a really peculiar setup.
A spastic rifle at lvl 150 requires 2100 inits to be 1/1.
With your inits around 300 points, you'll have an attacktime of 3 secs.
Do you think you can deal decent damage with specials alone?

The ebony fig you picked is not ingame by the way, there is only a RE and shotgun one for Hud2, both tl6 locked.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

ZombehArmeh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZombehArmeh » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Rain wrote:
ZombehArmeh wrote:.. tl5 soldier...
This is definitly a really peculiar setup.
A spastic rifle at lvl 150 requires 2100 inits to be 1/1.
With your inits around 300 points, you'll have an attacktime of 3 secs.
Do you think you can deal decent damage with specials alone?

The ebony fig you picked is not ingame by the way, there is only a RE and shotgun one for Hud2, both tl6 locked.

Yeah I'm aware of the ebony fig, just never changed it :D

The idea behind the TS weapon has always been the fast fullauto with a zastaba or arbalest swap, has been done a few times by paids but I've never seen a froob try it.

Basically you fullauto+burst, swap for AS, then swap back for another fullauto.
Dagger 220/30/70 Shade

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:44 am

Would be interesting to see that setup compared against a soldier with a nophex or -C0C rifle.

I have got the nagging suspicion, that you'd perform similar, yet have to keep a lot more on your toes not to mess up swapping and reloading.
Then again, I have recently heard some complaints about soldier being too boring a profession, so maybe this would keep people happily occupied.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

ZombehArmeh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ZombehArmeh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Rain wrote:Would be interesting to see that setup compared against a soldier with a nophex or -C0C rifle.

I have got the nagging suspicion, that you'd perform similar, yet have to keep a lot more on your toes not to mess up swapping and reloading.
Then again, I have recently heard some complaints about soldier being too boring a profession, so maybe this would keep people happily occupied.
Depends on who you're against. Higher evade targets you'll want the swap.
Dagger 220/30/70 Shade