Changes on the way, good/bad?

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Changes on the way, good/bad?

Post by Lassssi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 pm

As some of you might already have read, in 18.7 among other changes:

parry -> deflect! max 15% chance to deflect 50% of the damage of a hit, I wonder if this really effects anything, maybe a place to put ip if there's nothing else

Grid armor -> loses NR and MC requirement changes to B&E -> Some builds previously relying on mocham + wrangle will not work
B&E shiny and faded are shared with smg -> Best ranged option for new GA fixers is rifle?

Some nano changes...

Who knows what else.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Changes on the way, good/bad?

Post by sparxx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 am

I'm not sure about the GA changes, kinda makes playing a fixer much easier..

I will be glad for the advy morphs to be self only (and presumably FPable). As stylistically it is kinda lame that there are SO many wolves running around in PVP, growling instead of people shooting. And I'm sick of being chewed up by a wolf-form Keeper!

As a matter of fact, it would be good for a lot of nanos to become less OB'able , I'm thinking RRFE for example and fixer long HoTs? Maybe keep the short ones available for other players.
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 am

Lassssi wrote: Grid armor -> loses NR and MC requirement changes to B&E -> Some builds previously relying on mocham + wrangle will not work
B&E shiny and faded are shared with smg -> Best ranged option for new GA fixers is rifle?
sparxx wrote:I'm not sure about the GA changes, kinda makes playing a fixer much easier..
Not too happy about this. This drastically changes a lot of things, especially for twinks who spend literally billions trying to make their characters work. Changing a nanoskill requirement to a tradeskill requirement is a game changer for fixers.

sparxx wrote: As a matter of fact, it would be good for a lot of nanos to become less OB'able , I'm thinking RRFE for example and fixer long HoTs? Maybe keep the short ones available for other players.
I second this. Fixer HoTs ruin lowbie PvP. In fact, all devs need to do is slap level requiremenets for HoTs to be casted on another character.

Lassssi wrote:As some of you might already have read, in 18.7 among other changes:

parry -> deflect! max 15% chance to deflect 50% of the damage of a hit, I wonder if this really effects anything, maybe a place to put ip if there's nothing else
This is the change I'm most excited about. It might open up a few more builds since 50% damage reduction is kinda high. Then again, if you take into account that it only procs 15% of the time, that's a measly -7.5% damage taken overall. I don't know how it works since not much details were given, but I would love it if parrying makes a significant impact in the game.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hybridyak » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

I am a bit worried about the GA changes, I don't mind the change of requirement, that will mean quite a new outlook for ip spending for Fixers in general. However the loss of NR, and also it looks like an AAD drop because of AAD from perks is an unfortunate nerf for the illustrious Froob Fixer.
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]