Newb PVP death question

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Newb PVP death question

Post by Riny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi, ive played a little bit of the pve game, but know almost nothing about pvp consequences. Im mostly concerned about doing my quests out in the world and being ganked dead. Does the killer get to loot the stuff in my inventory? Stuff im wearing? My money? Do these answers change depending on level?

I tried googling for this and found very little, mostly written from a non-beginners perspective with acronyms/situations i dont yet "grok". Vampi wrote some stuff, but i dont know how current the info is. If this info is already posted here or the main boards, can someone show me the link please?

Thx,
-Riny

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Newb PVP death question

Post by Briandmg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm

The consequences of dying in PvP is exactly the same as that in PvE. Nobody gets to loot any of your stuff (you keep ALL your belongings with you when you rezz), and this holds true at all levels. If you're level 14 and below, you'll respawn normally with no temporary penalties to all your skills (a.k.a. rezz sickness). If you're level 15 and above, you'll respawn with rezz sickness for about 5 minutes, after which all your stats are returned to their normal levels.

As for whether or not you lose all the XP since you last saved, that depends on several things. If you're below level 20, you'll never lose any xp upon death. If you're above level 20, you'll lose xp if you die in flagged PvP (i.e. you're in a city, you attack a city guard/another flagged player, thus making you flagged yourself. Flagged players have double asterisks beside their names like: **Briandmg**). You'll lose xp also if you die while in a low suppression gas zone (when you enter in a ≤25% suppression gas zone, other players can attack you after a 60s grace period). However, if you lose in a duel, you will not die and hence, will not lose xp (unless the player knows the secret to finishing you off in a duel, a very nasty trick I learnt ;P). Also, if you join battlestations (the one accessible through the unicorn defence hub in the grid), you will not lose xp if you die.

In short, you shouldn't be very worried about getting ganked by players out in the open. The probability that someone else close to your level will chance upon you and slaughter you out of nowhere while you're doing stuff in a ≤25% suppression gas zone is extremely low. Only if you do stuff such as tower wars (attacking those random towers scattered around rubi-ka) will you then attract a buttload of players to you. So don't attack those towers ;P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Riny » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Briandmg, that puts me at ease. I had read in older threads that stuff can get looted, but looks like the loot rules got changed in recent years? I would now assume that the insurance terms are now only for preserving xp.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Ah yes, it used to be the case about 7,8 years back whereby upon death, you would lose all the items in your inventory. You would need to wait about 5 minutes at the insurance terminal before all your items appeared inside it. Every single mail terminal you see now actually used to be this "item reclaim terminal", that's why you'll notice all the mail terminals are right beside the spawn points. ;)
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P