Froob PvP Event: Free-for-All Deathmatch! 7th Sept 2013

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Froob PvP Event: Free-for-All Deathmatch! 7th Sept 2013

Post by Briandmg » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 pm

First evah Froob Free-For-All Deathmatch!

-Event Details-
Date: 7th September 2013, Saturday
Time: 3:00 PM UTC
Level Range: L159-200, froobs only
Location: Notum mines (SBC-Xpm Site Alpha Romeo ##), accessed through Unicorn Coordinator Magnum Blaine in Unicorn Defence Hub
Expected Duration: 3 x 10 minute long rounds, with 5 minutes break between each round

-Prize Money-
1st Place: 20 mil
2nd Place: 10 mil
3rd Place: 5 mil
BONUS Prize: 5 mil (See below)

Please post below if you're able to make it so I can have a rough feel of total attendance! (Your name will do, I don't need prof/level if you wanna keep it a secret :glasses8: )

-Tournament Format-
Instead of the typical 1v1 arena fights, this tournament will focus purely on mass fighting with respawn enabled. Of course, this will change the mode of play by quite a bit. High damage dealers will be at an advantage, and expect fights to be preetty messy :D .

There will be a total of 3 rounds, each round lasting 10 minutes. Each round will begin with a 5s countdown, following which, you will choose your teleport location and enter immediately. Once suppression gas wears off, the fight will commence and each player will have to rack up as many solo kills as he/she can. Score will be counted by noting the difference of your solo kills before and after each round. Periodic time checks will be given in Froobchat to indicate remaining time in each round. At the end of the round, I will announce on Froobchat to return to the lounge area. A 30 second grace period will be given to return. Failure to return in the allotted time will result in score deduction penalties (see below).

A 5 minute rest period will be given before the start of the next round, during which the scores of each fighter will be announced (as a sort of scoreboard tally). Now, for those who are not so much a PvP junkie as myself, there will be leverage given after the end of round 1! If your name is at the bottom of the scoreboard, you will be allowed a whole variety of outside buffs by my various alts (RRFE/Behe/GSF/HoTs/NCU/HE/mochams etc.). This will even the odds a bit and make the game much more challenging for the more experienced PvPers. At the end of round 2, the bottom 3 will be allowed outside buffs as well.

At the end of the final round, scores will be tabulated and prizes will be given out to the top 3 fighters. In the event that there is a score-tie, then the 2 fighters will duke it out in one-on-one combat inside the notum crater at the centre of the arena (I.e. the crater o' death) :P.

-Bonus Prize-
For those less inclined in killing other players, there will be a secondary objective to complete. Simply lure rogue notum miners into the Crater O' Death using Ego Pummel (or any low damaging taunt), and kill the miner inside the crater. My agent will be in sneak around the crater and I will keep count of the number of notum miners each player has killed inside the crater. With all the PvPing going around, obviously this is going to be easier said than done, but the player with the most miner kills will be awarded with 5 mil at the end of the 3 rounds. Once again, a score-tie will be decided with a 1v1 Crater O' Death fight.

-Rules-
  • Must be Froob (duh)
  • No nanite drains allowed
  • No pre-draining before the start of each round
  • No alliances to be formed (I.e. You should not be running side by side with another guy hunting for kills)
  • No outside buffs - Unless you are at the bottom of the scoreboard at the end of round 1 or 2
  • My agent (Mrdoodlez) may be in sneak, but don't kill him if he pops out because of area roots etc. My vengeance shall be swift and deadly. >:D Oh, and killing him will yield no score as well (1 point will be deducted from you).
  • You must teleport back to the lounge room after the end of each round. Failure to do so will result in score deduction as follows:
    Arrive more than 30s late - 2 points deducted
    Arrive more than 1 min late - 5 points deducted
    Arrive more than 2 min late - Disqualification
-Help needed-
I would love to have a cameraman who is experienced in FRAPs/whatever video capturing software you use to post a video on youtube! If you just want to spectate close-up and earn a little bit of creds yourself, contact me on the forums or ingame /tell Briandmg

Also, since this event isn't in a more secluded area such as the arenas, it's kinda susceptible to Sloob crashing and so I think I might need a couple of SL L200 twinks to act as bouncers.

Finally, all donations are welcome. Being the poor froob I am, I understand the prize moneh provided by myself now is kinda measly, so feel free to make donations! :P

All suggestions are welcome, especially concerning round formats, time & date of event itself, or anything you think needs balancing.

-Closing Remarks-
As you can see, expect a crazy good fun time of non-stop intense PvP action. Fights will obviously be less pre-meditated and expect to be on your toes at all times. I will unfortunately not be joining in as I will need to keep time/score and act as referee. I will, however, be on the ground myself spectating with my 1.6k concealment agent to spot all those rule flouters and to get a glimpse of the action myself :D Even if you're not very much into PvP, leverage will be given to make you a toughie to kill and boost your chances of clinching at least 2nd/3rd place. Or if you're entirely not into PvP, you can try your luck for the bonus prize!
Last edited by Briandmg on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Froob PvP Event: Free-for-All Deathmatch! 7th Sept 2013

Post by Briandmg » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Reserved for ramblies.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Froob PvP Event: Free-for-All Deathmatch! 7th Sept 2013

Post by mortem » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

If I'm not working that day, I'd love to hop back on and watch, maybe even join in.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11