Rubi-Ka Rumble (Froob) PvP Tournament 06-23-2013

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
lpx
Elite
Elite

Rubi-Ka Rumble (Froob) PvP Tournament 06-23-2013

Post by lpx » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Rubi-Ka Rumble

CHAMPION: -= Shisato =-

UPDATE!
Immortals organization have donated phat rewards for the top 4 fighters

1st place: Dchest + 100ml
2nd place: 75ml
3rd place: 50ml
4th place: 25ml

=Summery=
Date: 06-23-2013, @ 3:00pm (Eastern/New York Time) / 7:00PM UTC
Location: Omni Entertainment Arena (Clanners Take Grid and Head North, There are very few if any guards)
Entry Fee: 5ml Credits (Winner takes all) (THIS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED, NO ENTRY FEE!)
Level Range: 160-200
Tournament Type: Last Man Standing Elimination / 10Man 1-on-1 Round Robin.
Match Time: 5mins (Draw if Exceed)
Must be Froob (Obviously)

=Entry=
Fighters can enter by posting to this thread, Please include: Character Name, Profession, Level.
Alternatively you may PM me in game @ Madbomber, Sharpcheddar, Or Raztan, However make sure I acknowledge your PM (It's possible I may miss it)
Entry Deadline is Saturday June 22th @ Midnight (Eastern/New York Time)

=Checking in=
When you arrive please send me a tell (Madbomber) I will then invite you to private chat (Madbomber channel) Collect your entry fee & mark you as present.
Tournament starts at designated time If there are more then 10 fighters present elimination rounds will take place, You may show up late but you will have fewer chances to win a spot in the final 10.
No one will be permitted to enter the tournament once round robin starts.

=Elimination Rounds=
If more then 10 fighters sign up there will be a series of Last Man Standing elimination fights to earn a spot in the final 10.
10 Elimination rounds involving all fighters (Who have not already won a spot), The sole survivor of each of the elimination rounds will be given a spot in the final 10.
(Just to be clear this means you have up to 10 chances to earn a spot in the final 10)
If you've already won a place in the final 10 you do not participate in further elimination rounds.

After the 10 fighters are selected the tournament will be convert to 1 on 1 round robin.

=Round Robin System=
Using Round Robin each fighter will fight every other fighter once.
This takes place over a series of rounds (9 in all)
The person with the best win/lose/draw record is the champion.
If there is a tie after 9 rounds a Last Man Standing Elimination round will be used to decide the champion.

Round Robin system means a single loss does not eliminate you from the tournament.
Each win you will be awarded 1point.
Each loss you will be deducted 1point.
Each Draw will result in no change from your current score.

=Match Protocol=
Fights are to the death. (I suggest you save somewhere close to a grid term so you can return easily)

Fighters will be given 2mins to enter the 25% gas, They will be informed by vicinity shout, as well as tell msgs, and on the private channel.
Each fighter will take a corner in the Arena, The corners are not assigned and you may pick any unoccupied corner you wish.
Fighters who fail to take position within 2 mins will forfeit that match.

The match will begin once both players signal they are ready, OR after 2mins, Which ever comes first.
I will count down the match by shouting in vicinity, 3, 2, 1, Fight.
If a fighter prematurely attacks I will yell to cease fighting (3 times) each fighter will be given however long is required to clear any hostile nanos, heal, and signal ready, a 2nd false start will result in forfeit of that match.

Fights will be timed 5mins, If a match exceeds the allotted time the match will be declared a draw and no points will be reduced or awarded to either fighter.

=Rules=
* I, LPX maintain authority over the tournament and the list of rules is not exhaustive.
(What this means is there maybe situations that aren't accounted for and I will have final say if they arise)

* MUST BE FROOB!, no expansions allowed (other then notum wars)

* Alt's are not allowed, You may enter the tournament only once.

* No outside buffs, We will operate under the honor system, If it is determined you are using OSB's you will be expelled from the Tournament.

* No trader pre-draining, Traders must enter a fight without drains running. (This includes AC drains)

* No vehicles or flight nanos

* No Sneaking

* Fighters must stay within the boundaries of the Arena (25% gas) during their fight, You will be given 10seconds to return to the arena or forfeit the fight.

* Only the fighters currently scheduled for a match will be permitted to enter the 25% gas, Interfering with a fight will result in expulsion from the Tournament.

* Every fighter must put forth honest effort in a fight, If it's determined that you intentionally lost a match you will be expelled from the tournament.

* Fighters will be given 2 minutes to enter the arena's 25% gas and buff up, You are not required to stay at the Arena during the entire tournament but if you fail to enter within 2mins you will forfeit that match.
(If you need to go afk please inform me prior to your match and we'll try to work around if possible)

Help Wanted:
a Paid who can do "SL" nano check's for non-forobs
Im gonna try to get a org mate to fill this role but if someone can commit to doing this job that would be great.

=Fighter Roster=
1. Mrbigstuph, Enforcer, Lv182+
2. Shisato, Trader, Lv200
3. Smilesteal, Meta-Physicist, Lv200
4. Clescanfix, Fixer, Lv173+
5. Minaldy, Fixer, Lv200
6. Buffbox, Agent, Lv200

FINAL ROSTER:
Mrbigstuph, Enforcer, Lv182
Shisato, Trader, Lv200
Clescanfix, Fixer, Lv175
Minaldy, Fixer, Lv200
Buffbox, Agent, Lv200
Spiri-1, MP, Lv196
Tuonela, Fixer, Lv200
Tazmd1, Enf, Lv200

Round 1
1: Spiri-1 (W) Vs Clescanfix (L)
2: Shisato (W) Vs Tuonela (L)
3: Minaldy (L) Vs Buffbox (W)
4: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Tazmd1 (W)

Round 2
1: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Tuonela (W)
2: Shisato (W) Vs Buffbox (L)
3: Spiri-1 (W) Vs Tazmd1 (L)
4: Clescanfix Vs Minaldy (DRAW!)

Round 3
1: Spiri-1 (W) Vs Mrbigstuph (L)
2: Minaldy (L) Vs Tazmd1 (W)
3: Buffbox (W) Vs Tuonela (L)
4: Shisato (W) Vs Clescanfix (L)

Round 4
1: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Buffbox (W)
2: Minaldy (L) Vs Spiri-1 (W)
3: Clescanfix Vs Tuonela (DRAW)
4: Shisato (W) Vs Tazmd1 (L)

Round 5
1: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Minaldy (W)
2: Shisato (W) Vs Spiri-1 (L)
3: Buffbox (W) Vs Clescanfix (L)
4: Tuonela (W) Vs Tazmd1 (L)

Round 6
1: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Clescanfix (W)
2: Buffbox (W) Vs Tazmd1 (L)
3: Shisato (W) Vs Minaldy (L)
4: Spiri-1 (W) Vs Tuonela (L)

Round 7
1: Mrbigstuph (L) Vs Shisato (W)
2: Minaldy Vs Tuonela (DRAW)
3: Clescanfix (L) Vs Tazmd1 (W)
4: Spiri-1 (W) Vs Buffbox (L)

FINAL SCORE:
1st Place: Sisato (7 Wins, 0 Loss) [7 Points]
2nd Place: Spiri-1(6 Wins, 1 Loss) [6 Points]
3rd Place: Buffbox(5 Wins, 2 Loss) [3 Points]
4th Place: Tuonela(2 Wins, 3 Loss, 2 Draw) / Tazmd1(3 Wins, 4 Loss) [-1 Point]
5th place: Clescanfix(1 Win, 4 Loss, 2 Draw) Minaldy(1 Win, 4 Loss, 2 Draw) [-1 Point]
6th place: Mrbigstuph(0 Wins, 7 Loss) [-7 Points]
Last edited by lpx on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 14 times in total.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Rubi-Ka Rumble (Froob) PvP Tournament 06-23-2013

Post by Stupidluigi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:43 am

Mrbigstuph
Enforcer
Level 182 (maybe 183)
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

Shisato
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shisato » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 am

Shisato
Trader
level 200
Shisato, 200 Trader - Equip
Broylo, 200 Martial Artist -
Hermodr, 164 Fixer -
Reki, 150 Doctor -
Kitho, Adventurer -
Patrone, Soldier -

smileocho
Flagged
Flagged

Post by smileocho » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:04 am

Hey, thanks for signing me up! May the best fighter win! :twisted:
smileocho - 200 Advy http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smilesteal - 200 Mp http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vanquishh - 199 Enfo healdelta setup

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am

Just as a curiosity question, if we haven't reached level 200, can we keep leveling until tournament time?
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 am

Stupidluigi wrote:Just as a curiosity question, if we haven't reached level 200, can we keep leveling until tournament time?
absolutely I ask for level simply as a reference for others to see who the other fighters are.

as long as you're 160-200 you're fine.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC

rsz
Fresh
Fresh

Post by rsz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Buffbox 200 agent

TAZmd
Fresh
Fresh

Post by TAZmd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Rule: * No Sneaking

The agent did sneak everytime but i dont think it ever chenced the outcome tho

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:11 pm

I want to thank everyone for coming, It was looking grim yesterday and while I didn't have as many fighters as I was hoping I think it was a success.

I will be revising some of the rules and planing on having another next month (after birthday stuff)

As for the sneaking it was asked a lot sneaking was allowed as an opener.

I may very well be pitching that rule altogether though.
I defiantly learned a few things, for one i will probably ban nanite drains, even the trader who was in teh tournament and won said they should probably be banned.

Everyone behaved them selves and fought hard, was some good matchups.
FU FC

rsz
Fresh
Fresh

Post by rsz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:25 am

Short vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODx-Nf02Tuo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 am

nice vid. bit disappointing I missed this, would have shown up had I seen the message :/
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

smileocho
Flagged
Flagged

Post by smileocho » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Next time I won't sleep till 3pm!
smileocho - 200 Advy http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smilesteal - 200 Mp http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vanquishh - 199 Enfo healdelta setup

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Guys I just talked to the benefactor of the last tournament.
They had computer trouble, their gfx card went out on them soon after they arrived at the tournament.

Anyway they are going to be mailing out the rewards so keep an eye on your inbox in game.

The next tournament will be next month after Birthday Event, date to be announced.
However this most generous person has informed me they want to the next event to be even bigger.

The winner of next tournament will get 1billion credits :shock:, 2nd,3rd, and 4th will also receive credits.

Look for more details next month.
FU FC

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:13 am

We could make it two round-robin divisions on first day (Tir and Omni-Ent divisions and little different timings so more people can join?) and then division winners on round robin tournament on second.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

ifosil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ifosil » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:57 am

Id gladly join the next pvp tournament if i have time. Would be awesome if you could announce when it is, ingame somehow either through froobchat or by tell to "alfatrox" or "alfakeeper".

piz