Froob PVP Tournament *Coming Soon*

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
lpx
Elite
Elite

Re: Froob PVP Tournamnet *Coming Soon*

Post by lpx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Lusto I dunno.. I mean ya they're powerful, ya they have a lower NR check then the old drains.

At the same time the main argument against them seems to simply be.. traders will pwn everyone and so they should be nerfed a little.
But who am I to tell people they can't use their tool set?

Should I ban people from root/snare/calming pets? or crats from charming them?
Coming from a MP background I can tell you traders and all of the above are a serious problem especially since most pets have terrible NR.
.... But that hardly seems fair either.

If we start handicapping people where do we stop?

Pre-draining however I can get on board with, although it maybe difficult to route out along with OSB's.

as far as Date/TIme wasn't trying to schedule around individuals just trying to get an idea what the best time is for the majority.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC

Paavalniemi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Froob PVP Tournament *Coming Soon*

Post by Paavalniemi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:19 am

Nanites aren't the problem... it's traders pre-draining. Also I haven't seen a single 200lvl trader in "pvp setup" so I wouldn't worry about them.
- Casanoova 159 Trader
- Paavalniemi 150 Fixer
- Jadesoturi 200 MA

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Paavalniemi wrote:Nanites aren't the problem... it's traders pre-draining. Also I haven't seen a single 200lvl trader in "pvp setup" so I wouldn't worry about them.
Maybe you haven't seen enough froob traders yet. :P L200 froob traders are beasts when it comes to PvP. And basically, double nanites landed on any froob profession guarantees a win for the trader.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I do not know what is going on with my last post a couple days ago but it is not showing up except in "review" when posting a new message so im quoting it here again.
lpx wrote:Lusto I dunno.. I mean ya they're powerful, ya they have a lower NR check then the old drains.

At the same time the main argument against them seems to simply be.. traders will pwn everyone and so they should be nerfed a little.
But who am I to tell people they can't use their tool set?

Should I ban people from root/snare/calming pets? or crats from charming them?
Coming from a MP background I can tell you traders and all of the above are a serious problem especially since most pets have terrible NR.
.... But that hardly seems fair either.

If we start handicapping people where do we stop?

Pre-draining however I can get on board with, although it maybe difficult to route out along with OSB's.

as far as Date/TIme wasn't trying to schedule around individuals just trying to get an idea what the best time is for the majority.
Im in the middle of drawing up the rules and will likely be posting the actual tourney thread either tomorrow or monday.
The only thing im still not sure on is how the matches will go.

It seems like there is going to be a decent amount of people interested, I would really like to go round robin but I fear it will take to long if we get a decent turn out.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 am

It is your tournament so of course you should do it in your way. If game was well balanced then there should be no restrictions. However traders are so much more powerful than others that it will not be that fun for non-traders. If you want to be sure then duel few traders to see how it is - that is what I did before I chose my rules.

Be flexible with the format. Prepare for round robin, knockout and double knockout. Choose by the attendance.

Good luck with the tournament! There is even a chance that I would join.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:08 pm

If this hasn't happened yet, Mrbigstuph would like to compete.
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Lusto wrote:It is your tournament so of course you should do it in your way. If game was well balanced then there should be no restrictions. However traders are so much more powerful than others that it will not be that fun for non-traders. If you want to be sure then duel few traders to see how it is - that is what I did before I chose my rules.

Be flexible with the format. Prepare for round robin, knockout and double knockout. Choose by the attendance.

Good luck with the tournament! There is even a chance that I would join.
I have dueled traders and if I did'nt make it clear before I come from a MP background (i've played more mp's then anything else)
Traders RAPE mp's unless you can land NSD first, which RARELY happens.

And this is without the LE drains.
I also have a trader and know they depend on them in PVP it's your bread and butter.

Anyway Im just finishing up the rules, Trying to balance out for time, I doubt anyone wants to spend 8 hours on it.
I'll be posting it here in a couple hours.
Wanted to schedule it for this Sunday but afraid it will conflict with anniversary events so it's going to be set for the 29th.

BTW Lusto I agree with you about team pvp next toury will be team based if this is successful, makes round robin more feasible and I think team pvp is just more fun.
FU FC

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Post is live!
http://www.aofroobs.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to see if I can get it added to the events msg on froobchat, not like it's being used for anything :/
Last raid was like 2 months ago.

EDIT: Just found out the ao birthday stuff does'nt start untill the 27th, and no one has signed up yet so im changing the time to THIS sunday 23rd
FU FC