Highest Attack Rating Possible

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Chaosette
Rookie
Rookie

Highest Attack Rating Possible

Post by Chaosette » Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Heya all! I'm a long time reader of these forums, but this is actually my first time posting! Anyways, I was working on a lvl 200 twink (was kind of inspired by a friend of mine who showed up to a few tara/tower raids and was actually useful hehe), and decided that I wanted to make a toon who could actually deal damage in such situations. I realize that I'll be very squishy, but I'm a damage whore anyways and not too concerned about that; I'm more just interested in seeing the actual damage potential of a froob. I started calculating what would yield the highest possible attack ratings and what I want to work for and yatta yatta yatta, then my curiosity struck and I was like "hey, what's the highest attack rating anybody has ever hit?". So, now finally here is my question, what exactly is the highest attack rating any of ya'll or any of your friends have reached? It can be selfed or OSBed (include buffs though if you can), I just want to know the most destructive power any froob out there has accomplished! (and to maybe give myself a goal to beat ;) )

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Highest Attack Rating Possible

Post by Tarradax » Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 am

First of all, welcome! I trimmed that odd "Make a new thread" link out of your post, not sure what's it doing there.

Second of all, no hard numbers but I'm going to place a bet on either an Agent or a Trader hitting somewhere in the 2000 area (This is "Fully buffed, OSB'd and ideally equipped situation we're talking about here). If you went all-out and really cranked it up with implants, AllOff buffs/items etc you might be aiming for the 2500s
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 am

I would say it is a pistol setup for trader or soldier or adventurer. That is because the Engineer pistol buff stacks with soldier/advy pistol buffs. Of course Agent can pull of sick FP-chaining stunts but that is not so useful in real use. At some point I estimated that sided pistol Advy could reach 2k AR with all OBs, towers and so on. Soldier should be even better suited for this as they would not lose all their defense in the process.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Chaosette
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chaosette » Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks Tarra! I apologize for my noobliness hehe ^_^. Anyways, yeah I would definitely bet an agent or trader for the highest AR, which is actually why I chose an Agent! (Now lvl 80 woo!) Now this is going to sound strange, but I actually decided on using martial arts. I've found a lot of the agent skills can be used well with MA (such as the executioner buff line stacking with the fists line, FG+ES boosting skills, and of course the amazing damage output you can get with a crit setup and using the total concentration + occasional damage and crit buffs). I also calculated some obscene number nearing 2500 AR selfed (who knows how much it could do with OSBs) via assume engi, slayer transference just before it drops, assume MA, 4 fists just before it drops, and assume trader for nanite drains. Though not practical for every day purposes, I can see it being wonderful for raids/pvp where you'll only need about 20 minutes of buff time anyways. For every day use, you can still slayer and then go MA after assume drops anyways, so I suppose it won't be too bad ^_^. Also Lusto, that is VERY interesting! I hadn't realized that pistol advies (or soldiers) could get so powerful! I have one, but lost interest around lvl 80 when the damage output just didn't seem as good as those guys running around with chirops =/ . I'll have to pick him back up again and use him as a lvling buddy for my agent and check that out too! =D

Artemix
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artemix » Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm

It really depends on profession, actually I`ve listed general outside buffs what increase your AR, regardless of your profession:

+ 132 trader`s Team Skill Wrangler (Premium)
+ 100 crat`s aura Motivational Speech: Heroic Measures
+ 44 soldier`s Full Automatic Targeting
+ 40 adventurer`s Calia`s Form: Sabretooth (other)
+ 25 crat`s Improved Cut Red Tape
-----
341 Total (if I`m right)

feel free to correct me, if anything is missing

As Lusto already mentioned for an example pistols users of specific proffesions can reach very solid AR. Traders, Agents with the Nanite drains plus Enfos with running Challenger buff may have pretty high AR as well. Speaking for myself as a Martial Artist with my current setup which is not the best one and OSBs listed above I should be able to hit around 1850 AR w/o towers.
Artemix - lvl 200 neutral MA, Elite Operations @ RK1
Sisik - lvl 200 omni Fixer, Shadow Company @ RK1
Arteagent - lvl 200 neutral Agent, The Independent Rubikans @ RK1
Artecratt - lvl 199 neutral Crat, Elite Operations @ RK1
Nemesiss lvl 200 neutral NT, Elite Operations @ RK1
Lola16 lvl 200 neutral Trader, Elite Operations @ RK1

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 am

There is lot more to it than just AR. For example pistol advy that is fully twinked for AR will still lose for melee based solo setups in almost all situations. That is because there are not that many good pistol alternatives for advies and certainly nothing that compares to Crispies or Gelids.

If you want to make an AR twink you can expect that it has no defence and thus horrible solo or pvp capabilities. The only expection for this is soldier that still has reflects for defence. Setups like that have their place but you need to realize that you will depend on the group around you for survival.

If your plan is to have a toon that can deal damage in mass pvp as froob, then I would say Agent is your way to go. You can use hiding and TMS to give you some survivability. And then you can try use AS smartly to take out docs, traders on others. Not just shoot around but try to shoot when it matters.

I have seen one MA agent in action and fully buffed it is a beast. But it is very demanding to play efficiently. I am not yet convinced that it could compete for best PvM damage setup.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Chaosette
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chaosette » Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks Artemix for that list! It will certainly come in handy when I'm messing around trying to boost my damage capabilities as much as I can. Btw, that is very impressive to have such a high rating on a MA! =D

Yeah Lusto, I know that attack rating isn't all that matters, I can imagine that it would be very difficult for a high end advy to OD a Pair of chirops with a Crimson Monster/Engi Pistol combo (which is what I decided that I'm going to work with on that advy that I picked back up hehe). But I think that attack rating is something to shoot for at least as a good idea of overall power. I am aware that I will probably end up with a glass cannon when all is said and done lol. But hey, my main is a nt, so I at least have an idea of what to expect with that lmao. ^_^

However... I do kind of like the idea of hiding and laying down a deadly aimed shot to finish people off, it sounds quite awesome! I have another agent around lvl 100 (which is where the other 2 guys happen to be right now) and I think I may start triple logging now so that I can try out both ideas at once

Finally, OMG is playing a MA agent demanding, you aren't kidding. It is such a particular playstyle to do right. When done correctly, I'm pretty sure the little lvl 100 agent right now is shelling out more damage than my 150 fix with his dual BBBs and full 200 imps, but doing it right doesn't seem to be something I'm good at XD. I'll get there though... I hope hehe

Matsuda
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Matsuda » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:34 am

I would say you won't be able to hit much anyway. With 2.8k AR on a paid toon I was only able to hit/perk the usual soldiers/docs, the rest could evade me for 90% of the time.
And even docs run around 25k HP these days so I really doubt it would matter much so I would go with the high AS and hope you get a capped hit in when somebody gets called.

Chaosette
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chaosette » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Awwwww really? That's really disappointing to hear! I can't wait for the re-balance to come and HOPEFULLY draw pvp away from AS-whoring XD. Also, I do kind of want to stick with this whole MA agent thing though lol. Now that I'm all tricked out with my D-chest and 200 imps and such I'm growing increasingly more proud of the awesome power achievable with a MA attack+dimach+total concentration+crit brawl+double crit lol. Can deal OUTRAGEOUS damage in the battle station at only like lvl 130 ^_^

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 am

MA Buffs = 300 slayer droids, 140 MA buffs, 20 expertise, 131 wrangle, 420 nanite drains= 1011
The buffs listed above = 341

AAO items, implants and so forth = 200ish, including iGocs and other phatz

Base MA= 700ish?

Plus towers and eveything else. I think its not possible to surpass 2500 no matter what.
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured

smileocho
Flagged
Flagged

Post by smileocho » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 am

Necrophilia.

Nah but good post.
smileocho - 200 Advy http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smilesteal - 200 Mp http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vanquishh - 199 Enfo healdelta setup