A bunch of n00b questions!

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

A bunch of n00b questions!

Post by frubs » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Bear with me, I don't have much practical knowledge of AO, so here are my questions:

I'm a 150-something froob opi agent. At this point, I'm getting into a fun spot for agents: lots of new nano functions. I'm currently using Mimic enfo, which adds nice AR and inits. Mimic doc is not yet viable, and mimic soldier should be useful soon as well but it has less init boostability (rage+init buff ftw). I'm also currently using, for armor: VTEx2, a few reflect bracers to swap and a Sacrificial Ensigns of Cerubin in wrists, Miy's nano armor qls 190-200ish (looks cool, and decent mods), and a Veil of the revoked. Weapons: Longshot and ql200 Caterwaul (I'm looking at a turnspirit rifle, but a bit pricey atm). I have my 400-token board and farming tokens via the pvp mish, BS daily and normal daily to get my 1k board.

So, here are the questions, now that you know my basic standpoint:

1) Should I upgrade to a Cloak of the Reanimated Jester (1/5)? IMO, the Veil still is better, but I'm not sure.

2) What armor should I be using? Miy's nano looks cool and is decent, but would Apocalypse be better? Gloomfall eventually, ofc. I'd love a d-chest, but... ;)

3) What should my imps look like? I know the basics, but which nanoskills are the most important? Should I get AAO or AAD in my L-arm? details like that would be helpful, etc.

4) I have a 7% VE atm, which really kills my inits. Is the 7% crit and AS bonus worth more than hitting significantly faster? Hitting slowly becomes a pain. I have only 350ish init unbuffed with scope on, and froob rifles are slow. Also, makes anything other than full agg tedious. which brings me to my next question:

5) What kind of evades should I have, and where should I set my agg-def slider? I have about 500-600 dodge-rng and evade-clsc, but it's not enough, and they don't do much at full agg anyways.

Thanks in advance for your help! ^_^

Agentkay
Fresh
Fresh

Re: A bunch of n00b questions!

Post by Agentkay » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

1) Not yet, just jump to (4/5 instead

2) Gloomfall is good for concealment which is needed by AS currently, Get Azure(175+ only) for the chest part for the nanocost reduction, the rest is purely up to you, for max nanoskills go miy nano, for max defence go Biodome Armor or high QL miy, for max dmg go Apocalype/Omni Steel Ribbed.

3) put max priority to nanoskills and weapon AR, since Agents full Aggro alll the time(mimic is -750 Nanoinit lolz), I would go AAO

4) Depend on what weapon you using(I got froobable secret weapon that OD all froobable rifles, crit scope seems fit better for my secret weapon)

5) Since RK missions normally is Human mob, focus on Dodge ranged( I don't bother this one, you just can't evade much under full Aggro)
Main: Yandriston lvl 199 Defensive Froob Soldier
Secondary: Agentkay lvl 200 Hybrid RifleMA Froob Agent
Other Alts:
Alicist lvl 187 Froob 1HB/Shield MP
Traderkay lvl 174 Gimp/Tradeskill Trader
Agentkayy lvl 215/21 Agent

Proud member of Newcomers Alliance

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 am

I fp trader a lot so I can cast all top agent nanos (after draining ofc). Soldier is good only for tms and omhh (if you have enough AC). Totw/IS +damage pads are better along sided pads. VTEs are only good for the ability buffs IMO or if you don't have any of the above.

1) cloak of reanimated ranger

2) What Agentkay said except that Apocalypse is for evades I'd also change the pants for miy ranged armor and in case you can't get azure body, miy tank or nano body armor have some decents mods for an agent but you could probably equip a higher ql miy ranged set.

3) I went for AAO and I was disappointed I'd go for AAD. Nanoskills depent on what you want to FP best , I added all nanoskills at 110 except MC so as to be a jack of all trades... you know the rest. Also what about R-Arm and feet?

4) although it's fun to get 2-3 crits one after another some times I generally was disappointed from regular damage. I don't know Agentkay top secret froob weapon but I don't believe it's a rifle. From froob rifles I preferred the yata, Cata is good only for fast AS which doesn't say much in the current AS system. You could try the zastabato see if you like it better.

5)Perception is cheap, max it and change between crit scope and tim scope. Froob agent is not an evades prof use roots and snares and use AAO imps.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Agentkay
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Agentkay » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

1 more thing to add on Armor,

As an Agent, you should know that you can cheat faction-lock equipment without losing tokens, for example:

Instead of Apocalype, I would go for Omni Steel Ribbed even as clan, they look so much better and better in stats too.
Instead of Jathos, I would go Kegerns for nanoskills over AAD.
Main: Yandriston lvl 199 Defensive Froob Soldier
Secondary: Agentkay lvl 200 Hybrid RifleMA Froob Agent
Other Alts:
Alicist lvl 187 Froob 1HB/Shield MP
Traderkay lvl 174 Gimp/Tradeskill Trader
Agentkayy lvl 215/21 Agent

Proud member of Newcomers Alliance

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Agentkay wrote:1 more thing to add on Armor,

As an Agent, you should know that you can cheat faction-lock equipment without losing tokens, for example:

Instead of Apocalype, I would go for Omni Steel Ribbed even as clan, they look so much better and better in stats too.
Instead of Jathos, I would go Kegerns for nanoskills over AAD.
This extends to all equipment, like weapons and hud items. Keep in mind tho that you need
1) roll the agent undercover kit
2) Depending of your level (or the kit) you need to wait a couple to several days before changing faction again so plan ahead.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto