story of my "different" agent

Blutblume
Amateur
Amateur

story of my "different" agent

Post by Blutblume » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:39 am

Hey fellow froobs :)

I'd like to share my experience of my somewhat different agent "Bitemebat", an agent that never used a rifle since level 1 and never will :)

Level 1 - 20
When spawning at the noob island, the first thing I did was deleting my agent's startup rifle. I used martial arts in the beginning and switched to 2 upgraded startup piercing weapons later.

20 - 65
At around level 20 my agent triplewielded 2 Fear Forged Blades from SoM together with MA combined. The FFBs really kicked a** at that level, I was a bit disappointed of the MA combined attack...it didn't even do 50% of the FFB damage. I ditched the MA skill quickly and focused only on piercing.

65 - 120
The 2 FFBs started to suck so I switched to Chicanery together with a 140ish Improved Tango Dirk. I also started using assume enforcer for some extra damage. The damage was really good, almost all the teams at Borgs' thought my agent was a real enforcer :) From time to time I upgraded the Tango Dirks with higher QL ones while keeping the Chicanery for fast attack. The very fast melee specials together with short term crit buffs were really devestating. This setup was really interesting but it became a bit boring after a while...

120 - 145
My agent was bored of Melee weapons and decided to equip a 184 Krutt Assault 219 Waltzing Queen Special, a quite slow weapon with a huge crit modifier. With chaincasting Rage in mimic enf, my agent was able to shoot the Krutt at 1/1 speed even with a 275 critscope. Obviously the normal hits sucked, but the 4.5kish crits were really impressive. With some lucky hits and/or shortterm critbuffs my agent had a lot agro in RK missions. Also an effective setup but it was a pain to keep all the buffs (Rage, Challenger, short-critbuffs) running all the time.

145 - 174
Back to melee: My agent maxxed Martial Arts, brawl and equipped a setup focussing on MA skill, crit increase and nano init. With Slayerdroid Transference (+300 MA) and Nanite Drains (+420 MA), my agent got an MA skill of 1650ish (1800ish AR) self with about 27% permanent critchance at 1/1 speed. With using both critbuffs and a Flurry of Blows whenever possible, damage dumper showed an average critchance of about 40%. Crits in RK Missions are around 5k, with a normal damage of 700-2000ish. Brawls are doing quite low damage, critbrawls about 1.7k dmg. Of course I can't run around with slayer AND mimic trader all the time, but even with only one of them running this setup means #1 in DD and #1 on mob's hatelist almost all the time. MA special attacks are a nice addition to the damage too. The only downside is the NCU usage...drains, slayerdroid transfer, critbuffs, sometimes even MA buffs (FFOK, chem fists, backyard buff, Horde) for more damage require A LOT of NCU, so a fixer in team is always a boon.

My next goal is hitting TL6 and then lvl200 for some f200-raid showoff :P

As you can see, not only rifle is viable on a froob agent.

I hope you enjoyed reading my little story about my unusual agent,
maybe someone else made a non-rifle agent too and likes to share their experience?
Blutblume - 200 NT
Annietime - 199 Assault Rifle Doc

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: story of my "different" agent

Post by Goldberg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:11 am

Wow, very cool project you got going on there ! :) *to me* it sound like much effort to put a froob agent were he shouldn't be - that is the front line, but also it sound like you had some great fun, and thats all that counts! :)

I dont have a unique agent, simple build, lvl 78 atm, using ql 130 X-3 and i like a lot, fell in love with the profession, my plan is to get a riballion riffle and go throw the varies FP's to stack as much dmg buffs as i can, while using some other buff while at it (Sol rflects, Enfo HP buffs etc) and fighting in FP trader as i think they have the best toolset for soloing missions (clams, root, HP drain, Np drain)

I had a few uniqe ideas for a pvp agent, Ithach agent could be nice, and maybe in early TL4 onehander+kick pistol for some nice alpha...

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:23 am

MA was always something I wanted to try on an agent, actually - The Concentration line should produce some really nice bursts with fist crits. Keep in mind that among other FPable MA buffs are the Mark of XXXXX series of On-Target +Crit buffs (1h Duration, stacks with everything but itself) as well as the Init buff (50min duration, a cheap OS replacement). Not to mention the short-term +Damage buffs, as long as you fire them up last (They kill your nanoskills for a bit)... If you can afford a DChest and some other MA gear, you should be able to reach some exceptional numbers.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

markp89
Hardened
Hardened

Post by markp89 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:53 am

Yea 1800 AR is sick 8)
Teamed a few times with you, The mobs love's you haha!
''Doc's also love's you lol''

Vleermuis!

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

Post by frubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:08 am

I've thought of doing other weapon styles on my agent, particularly Ithacas because of the huge crit or ITD because they essentially make you a froob shade, because rifles are so slow (esp with a crit scope!). However, I'm very tight on IP and rifle is the nicest for agent IP wise (even though it's blue... >< ).

It's also nice to not require sneak. Since most of my dmg currently depends on an AS every 15 seconds or so, I'm constantly having to sneak/AS in team missions, but the hatelist bugs and high perception mobs (even with 1.2k percep, lvl210 mobs detect me...) really make my damage undesirable! With a non-SA or AS weapon, that's not a problem.

My main question is, how do you manage Mimic Enfo on 120-145? I'm 135ish and having a hard time with nanoskills, hoping to get into mimics soon for more in-fight casting (especially enfo, because I need HP, inits badly, and AR/dmg doesn't hurt either) but can't reach the nanoskills yet.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:16 am

frubs wrote:My main question is, how do you manage Mimic Enfo on 120-145? I'm 135ish and having a hard time with nanoskills, hoping to get into mimics soon for more in-fight casting (especially enfo, because I need HP, inits badly, and AR/dmg doesn't hurt either) but can't reach the nanoskills yet.
Agents are about juggling buffs. With the proper timing you can have support buffs from another prof before using a mimic with your "Primary" in-combat prof. Also, he probably didn't mean Mimic as in the actual "Mimic ______" line but as a general name.

/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Blutblume
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Blutblume » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 am

I actually meant the "real" mimic nano. Mimic enf requires 670 BM, PM and SI. A lvl120 agent with 200 imps, Veil and a set of NT metaplast is able to cast mimic enf (use VTEs, ring of presence etc if you're still short a few points). Using NT Metaplast also has the bonus of buffing a huge amount of nano init which you will still need to cast buffs infight.
Blutblume - 200 NT

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 am

Blutblume wrote:I actually meant the "real" mimic nano. Mimic enf requires 670 BM, PM and SI. A lvl120 agent with 200 imps, Veil and a set of NT metaplast is able to cast mimic enf (use VTEs, ring of presence etc if you're still short a few points). Using NT Metaplast also has the bonus of buffing a huge amount of nano init which you will still need to cast buffs infight.
Doesn't that setup murder your damage output, though? Metaplast, VTEs etc isn't exactly the best gear to go blow things up in.

Blutblume
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Blutblume » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 am

Tarradax wrote:
Blutblume wrote:I actually meant the "real" mimic nano. Mimic enf requires 670 BM, PM and SI. A lvl120 agent with 200 imps, Veil and a set of NT metaplast is able to cast mimic enf (use VTEs, ring of presence etc if you're still short a few points). Using NT Metaplast also has the bonus of buffing a huge amount of nano init which you will still need to cast buffs infight.
Doesn't that setup murder your damage output, though? Metaplast, VTEs etc isn't exactly the best gear to go blow things up in.
Well sure it does, but imho efficiently using enf buffs is better then some static modifiers on armor and being stuck on assume profession. Armor bonuses at that level aren't that great yet - challenger alone is way better I'd say :)
Also you can of course swap the VTEs and rings with iGoCs and dmg rings after successfully casting mimic. Sure you can't do this with NT metaplance since it requires visual prof = NT for equipping, but at 120 you aren't titlecapped yet, so a few more levels and you can change body with d-chest and so on.

That's one of the things I so like about AO and agents particularly: there's not only one single way to play your toon but many different ones with pros and cons ;)
Blutblume - 200 NT