200 Glass Cannon Setup

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

200 Glass Cannon Setup

Post by sparxx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 am

I've decided to abandon evades and survivability on my agent and focus on pure damage for PVP. The reason for this is that I don't believe evades help much against the insane AR of paid toons, and as I mostly rely upon TMS to survive - if TMS runs out I'm dead anyway. I think that using TMS as a kind of nullity sphere (Cast TMS, attempt to kill enemy, otherwise run) is the best strategy for a 200 froob agent in the BS.

So I've traded my Jester cloak for a Ranger cloak, my question is what is the best setup focusing on damage (PVP based) for an agent at 200?

I'm guessing:

Caterwaul
Mostly full Gloomfall/Moly, maybe Miy's Ranged Legs
VTEs/IGOCs if I ever get the cash (Corrupted flesh to use)
Sharpshooters Helmet
AAO/rifle/aimed shot implants, high ql crit scope
Ring of Luck Offensive?
Anything better than the TOTW Bracers?

Are there any FP choices that would be good for increasing damage? Im thinking enfo might be better than soldier
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: 200 Glass Cannon Setup

Post by Briandmg » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 am

Pretty much everything you said is right. A few notes to add:

You could use Sacrificial Ensigns on your wrist to boost AAO. Just FP a MP and slap it on permanently.
If you can't get iGoCs, you could put on sided shoulderpads for extra max health. While evades are not important, max health certainly is when you rely on TMS for survivability.
QL 200 Ring of Luck - Offensive is unique. For your other ring, consider using a Jack Legchopper ring: Ringlet of Black Panther Whiskers
Remember to hotswap to increase your damage output. You need a high full auto skill for this, so equipping a Frederickson's Kinetic Sleeve may be necessary.
Also, max Dimach. :D

FPing enfo will certainly increase your damage output over soldiers. Your survivability drops greatly though. Against paid toons, going soldier or NT are the only viable choices in mass PvP.

Everything else can be found in my PvP guide. :P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:58 am

Can you think of any improvements to this setup? Minus the really expensive items which require a new setup, let's call this a feasible plan and the other one a dream plan. I also know next to nothing about 200+ implants, so I've just put 200s in here.

I particular know there are better NCU options and small ebony figurines? I'm not familiar with endgame but I'm sure you'll be able to think of things I've missed Brian. :)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=195045
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 am

I believe there's a Wen-Wen that adds +100 Offensive capability? Where do I get hold of that?
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 am

sparxx wrote:I believe there's a Wen-Wen that adds +100 Offensive capability? Where do I get hold of that?
Uhm you're talking about sloob stuff. So unfortunately, that's not an option. :(

For NCU: Morphing Memory, Spirit Infused Yuttos, Hardcore CPU upgrade. Of course, none of these increase your damage output, but they make you more badass. I would say the hardcore CPU upgrade is quite vital actually. You need to tradeoff 64 NCU for that, and in order to sustain your NCU requirements, the Spirit Infused Yuttos is almost certainly needed.

Flurry of Blows maybe? You could use it between hotswaps, and the crit bonus sticks on you after you re-equip your rifle. You don't even need to increase your fast attack skill for this. Just use the lowest QL Flurry of Blows you can; the crit bonus for that will be enough.

For the figurine: unfortunately, agent figurines really suck.
I would go with this: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=202427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (for the ranged init.)
or this: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=202414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (trickle downs add to rifle/AS)

For refined implants (QL200+), you could probably get up to QL 230 in certain slots. You'll need some treatment twinking for that, but if you got the equipment (hardest of which to acquire is this: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=123822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), it isn't too hard.

Can't really think of anything else much I guess. Personally, I would ditch the ToTW bracelet and get more health from bloodmarks but that's a matter of personal opinion. And a 5/5 cloak when you hit L190 of course. :D

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:37 am

I just noticed that Gamboling Masters Wear adds 8 offensive skill. I am guessing that is not worth trading 15 rifle for?

Also, there is a filigree ring that buffs AAO, but again I guess it's not worth the HP/Rifle of the Black Panther Whiskers?
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:22 am

I'd just like to add for others' benefit that this setup has proved formiddable. I regularly get at least 5 kills per BS round, and have received much positive feedback. Highlights are getting a 200 keeper to less than 10% hp, receiving PMs like "You are one of the best froob agents I've seen in here". I've managed to kill a trader with nanite drains running as well. My AR Is 1350 with up to 1600 when teamed with offensive auras. AS caps 3rd HP every time, which has resulted in some funny 5k+ aimed shots on enfos. In short - highly recommended to ditch evades and focus on attack rating for a PVP based agent, although my PVM solo ability is massively reduced.
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

ifosil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ifosil » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:16 pm

I fought a lvl 158(i think) agent on my 158 enfo. I usually beat froobs on my enfo and expected a squishy agent to be of no match for me, but i was terribly wrong. He was fp soldier and focused purely on aimed shot for damage. His regular hits did nothing pretty much but those AS's did a nice chunk of my hp everytime. i won 1 out of 3 duels and that was when i outlasted his tms using totw pads and ACTA, however the other fights i just couldnt outheal his AS.

The reason i tell you this is that it could also be an idea of a setup. One big thing i have troubles with in pvp is AR, i simply cant get enough AR to hit most professions and atleast at tl5 almost every twink is an evade prof :/ therefore i can imagine focusing on a 7s AS with a lot of damage could be quite feasible against paids too. To give you an idea how much AR you need to hit those pesky evade profs my paid 150 soldier has 1.75k AR and cant perk or barely hit any evade profs. He cant win against MA, advy, fixer, mp or NT since they simply have to much evades, and that is at lvl 150...
So if i were to make an agent i would probably ditch some AR for added crit and added damage and just rely on tms and AS.
Just a different perspective ;)

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Agreed with ifosil. Trying to max out the AS skill to get the highest damage multiplier you can is a good idea. Max health should be your next priority to prolong your lifespan during TMS itself.

If you're fighting froobs, however, you may find that the AR build is formidable. An AR of 1300 is enough to hit almost anything consistently (except maybe fixers and MPs). Hits go off for 300ish and this stacks plenty of damage overtime. Against a sloob, you probably won't land any hits at all :P