Interesting 30 froob agent twink setup

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Interesting 30 froob agent twink setup

Post by meraimon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 pm

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=183704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nanomage, built for low hp, evades, heals from the healpet, and having a killer alpha. mainly just for duels. It would fight in full def with salvinous or medinos out along with an attack pet(but as an agent, without the negatives of fp) , and would have a great alpha from total concentration, Reg. crit hit-Fling-AS-Burst-Gumboil combo. If they survived the alpha, it would then hang out in full def healing with the general nano Healing (insta-cast at full def), Salvinous, and stims, waiting on AS and gumboils to recharge. Hopefully the evades + being full def will evade enough hits to take advantage of the 30% damage cap. If not, he always has roots to keep the attackers at bay (if it doesn't seem unfair in the duel)

Any thoughts on this twink? I might try making it if i get good feedback on this idea.

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Interesting 30 froob agent twink setup

Post by Lassssi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:48 pm

1. Some people prefer to duel starting buffing from 0, in that scenario you're either going to fight as mp or not have pets
2. With the posted setup you cannot use kizzers, implants are too low. Make sure you are able to get high enough implants for this.
3. Froob enforcers around that level will have around 3k health & rage to break roots. I just don't see how you'd beat them with this setup.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:09 am

Hmmm no, I don't think it'll work against your typical L25 trader/enfo twink.

A L30 nanomage agent with that setup will have only about 350 evade close. My L25 twink has 377 AR with challenger activated. Even at full def with heals, it'll be unlikely your agent can withstand enough hits for the next AS (which takes about about 39s to recharge). Even if you do survive, in that time, an enfo with mongo will regenerate about 640 points of health. I doubt your 2nd wave of AS/gumboil will be able to kill him even.

IMO, evade setups are still too low at that level to survive any conventional froob twink. You'll still get hit, and due to the lack of armor, you'll get hit for tons of damage. I do think that the weapon setup has its plus points though. You might want to consider keeping the weapon setup and changing the evade gear for something more deadly or more survivable. Also, I believe changing breed would have its plus points too. I don't see any particular advantage in going nanomage unless you have a specific nano you want to cast that is impossible to do at that level otherwise.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:11 am

lasssi, I know that the implants are too low to use kizzers and of course I will raise them so that I am able to use kizzers. I just put 100 for every ql to save time :P

Briandmg, the reason I will be able to survive a 25-30 enforcer is that the noobrod is pretty slow. All I have to do is watch out for a flurry of blows and keep a stim handy, and my healpet should effectively CH me every time it heals me. The amount healed from mongo should be offset by the damage from the attack pet.

of course, this doesn't stop said enforcer from simply killing my healpet. Theyre squishy enough to go down in just a few smacks. This is the major flaw of this twink.

Oh, and the reason for nanomage is to save IP and for the lowest amount of HP possible, while still using collar casero de cripta for evades. Also the option of using intel/psychic based implants is nice with support from shades of lucubration.

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

I 100% acknowledge and second the distain for playing cookie cutter toons. I think however that the quest for ‘something different’ often leads a toon to ruinous mediocrity. The thing to do is work within a toon’s skill set to find some unique way of applying it, rather than either throwing that set out the window, or adopting the skill set of another proff. In this case the evades on this toon are not even close to enough, even with the healpet. My lvl 30 MA has 465 AR, and on occasion I’ve been smashed by tig twinks w/ much higher AR. I think a GA fixer @ lvl 30 with those shotguns has the skill set for a low hp setup like you describe. The long+short HoTs > heal pet healing and you would only lose a little to the less crit+ agent buffs.

The way to go @ lvl 30 for an agent is root and shoot. It’s what an agent is born to do, and you can smash froob enforcers by using the snare ‘delay pursuers’, since its 18 NCU it can’t be broken by the first rage (which only breaks nanos less than 16NCU), it lasts 8 mins and results in -625 runspeed. After it lands you can go about the gristly business of target practice w/ those shotguns. Of course you have to be able to cast it, but it does not really seem to be that high for a nanomage, and w/ that compiler…

I think such a toon would stand a good chance against any toons that have not perked NR1. MA’s can only break one root w/ ‘upon a wave’, just re-root. Traders are not a problem self buffed at lvl 30. Enfos have to cast the QL 50 rage, and I’d guess your garden variety BR froob enfo can’t.

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 pm

And if you were going with this setup, get 2x ql 250 platinum filigree rings w/ perfectly cut black opal. Forget the extra damage at that point, you tossed all your eggs into one basket for defense...

Besides Ring of power projectiles are: 1. hard to find in the right quality and more importantly 2. give one less projectile damage bonus than a notum ring of the three, which also offers ACs, health, nano skills and NCU, and are dropped a lot in ToTw. Even the rare ones are easier to get than a ql 59 RoP projectile.

So either way, there are some ring issues to sort out.

Dunny
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Dunny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Shapeshifters for chest if ur going nm for more evades, I agree with Bronx, 2x plat rings with black opal is a way better option than dmg rings...

2x ql250 plat rings with black opal > ring of luck defensive > 2x notum ring of three > RoP projectile...

I can't think of anything else to wear for ring slot...

Maybe Kevlar armbands for arms if u really wanted to max evade cls, depending on how much work u wanted to put in (actually I can't remember the exact req's but it should b possible...might have to upgrade ncus)

Ithaca for even more evades, don't know if that will gimp ur setup though...

Totw bracers for more AS...ur head slot is good...just max out ur evade cls, I wouldn't worry too much abt dodge rng seeing as how almost every sub 35 toon uses a b-rod...

I've always liked the idea of an evades agent...because of FP you can actually get a lot of evades as an agent because of certain prof specific gear you can equip...the only downside is that agent is meant to be played as a dmg and AR whore lol.

Looks like a unique build, let us know how it turns out

EDIT: Kevlar armbands aren't fp'able so forget those hehe

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am

bronz, i will be using roots, of course. Using a heal/attack pet does not eliminate the use of roots.

FP mp, cast pets, /terminate, rezz, and voila you have pets and no fp debuff.

This idea came from using my 30 froob evade mp in duels. my pets and evades could keep me alive for some time, but the damage from the attack pet self buffed was not enough to kill my attacker before he managed to kill me. Essentially, i wanted to make a new evades mp, but sacrificing some evades to get a major alpha. low hp is to offset the loss of parry stick/red shield evades, so that the only way I could die is if my opponent could land 4 hits very quickly without me evading any of them before I healed.

Thank you for the evades suggestions! I will be using those platinum rings or AAD rings (whichever i get ahold of...)

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 am

I would love to use shapeshifters vest, but unfortunately it adds 45 body dev... maybe I can use it anyways and have around 400 hp. Its a great item for this twink otherwise.

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 am

I'd like to add that my Lvl 36 evades MP, using the +100 AAD shield is regularly killed by Mortiig Enforcers. Usually, I am killed in seconds despite having Salvinous and a Lvl 101 attack pet. To prove a point at a tower battle once, a 45 tiig enfo ignored me and battled with my attack pet for a moment before slaying it and then killing the healpet and then killing me.

That said, I do manage to do well against froobs and towers, and I can solo everything up to Khalum in the temple. But I think an agent will not work well for this setup.

I would suggest focusing on runspeed and nano resist instead and use the kiting approach as recommended. You simply can't go toe to toe with enforcers at that level.
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured